Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
Used a friend’s account, and got this... wtf Costco?

Order Cancelled
We regret to inform you that we were unable to process your Costco.com order.
Please review the information below to ensure it is correct.
I'd be shocked if you can't find a better deal than that on the trade forums

Was able to grab some cards.....I'm good with Ultimate xbox pass till 1/27/22  :whistle2: 

Already had 17 months build up, I went and grabbed 12 month card and paid the $1 :razz:

Ug. Just checked my credit card and there are a ton of $1.09 charges from microsoft. No wonder I got a fraud alert, I think that every time I've tried to do the upgrade and I get the `Try again later.' message it's trying it multiple times. On the phone now and supposedly they've cleared them out, but they still can't get the order to work.
There’s something wrong with your / my account. Because I’ve tried fresh credit cards and they still don’t work.

I dont understand the conversion rates MS decided to go with post conversion to Ultimate. Why are game pass codes worth more time than xbox live gold time? They're both technically $10 a month if you go month to month. 6 months of gold is only worth 79 days (2+ months) of ultimate but 6 months of game pass is worth 4 months. 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#faq

Just in case anybody wants a free month of game pass (free trial) - can snag 2mo out of it if you haven’t upgraded yet by turning on auto-renew.

Yytx3jvpq4999yjwqyc9w9x7z

Guess it’s time to buy 1x 3mo Ultimate pass each year lol.... so that by the time it comes to renew, I’ve gotten myself another 9mo for under $60 (18/mo on caskets)

Just in case anybody wants a free month of game pass (free trial) - can snag 2mo out of it if you haven’t upgraded yet by turning on auto-renew.

Yytx3jvpq4999yjwqyc9w9x7z

Guess it’s time to buy 1x 3mo Ultimate pass each year lol.... so that by the time it comes to renew, I’ve gotten myself another 9mo for under $60 (18/mo on caskets)
I would take this if I wasn't trying to add as close to 3 years as possible and then sign up for the $1 gamepass deal. Still working on getting those live codes.

Ug. Just checked my credit card and there are a ton of $1.09 charges from microsoft. No wonder I got a fraud alert, I think that every time I've tried to do the upgrade and I get the `Try again later.' message it's trying it multiple times. On the phone now and supposedly they've cleared them out, but they still can't get the order to work.
There’s something wrong with your / my account. Because I’ve tried fresh credit cards and they still don’t work.
If you are having trouble with credit cards, just buy a small Xbox gift card (say $10) and apply it to your account, then pay the $1 fee from your account balance.

I dont understand the conversion rates MS decided to go with post conversion to Ultimate. Why are game pass codes worth more time than xbox live gold time? They're both technically $10 a month if you go month to month. 6 months of gold is only worth 79 days (2+ months) of ultimate but 6 months of game pass is worth 4 months.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#faq
Probably because Live only costs $60 a year, while Gamepass is $100

Thanks for the head's up.
Yeah I'm one of the dipsticks that bought 5 of them and I cannot apply any of them. :( I also didn't realize the rules of the $1 upgrade and missed out on that too. I well, I'll just set 3 months of every year aside for Xbox games and get caught up.

Started with a free Xbox account. My mom hordes Bing points so I gave her $100 for three years of Gold. Redeemed all three vouchers, did the one dollar thing, and now I got Gold and Game Pass for three years!

Renewed my Live and Game Pass with this deal so I could check out Void Bastards, which is great but the Xbox One interface (at least on the OG console) is soooo slow.
Definitely do not check out Supermarket Shriekers. You have been warned. . .

Finally got my cdkeys order for 2 years worth of codes. Applied 2 3mo GamePass codes I've been sitting on from an Amazon deal to get a 3mo card free when buying 3mo. Those added to the $1 for 3mo of GamePass I got under a month ago. My Live just expired earlier this month, so after adding the 2 years of Live (plus 2 free months for autopay) and getting the $1 for Ultimate I'm good until 5/17/2022! BEST DEAL EVER!

I've been sitting on some XBL gold codes for literally 10+ years (exp. dates of 6/30/07 and 6/30/08!) since I went PC/PS4 this gen. Grabbed a handful of 3mo codes and along with the 2 months left on the $1/3mo game pass, this offer put me at 3yrs of Ultimate (6/11/2022) for ~$85 oop. Kinda a sucker's move, but I'm pretty sure that during that time there will be at least 4 games I'd pay $20 for. I probably spent more than that on Humble bundles I dont really care about....

Hi. I'm hostyl1. I'm a CAG, and I have a problem. #BackloggersAnonymous

My Gold runs out in November 2019 and Game Pass next month so I used the deal and am now good until Jan 2020.  Grrr, I should have read more into it the other day before I subscribed since I had a 12 month unused card. Any way to go back  and add the 12 month card without screwing everything up?

Anyone know the cheapest place to get 12 months of Gold? Seems like every retail store either has it at MSRP or is sold out. The best deals I can find on Ebay are like $5 off. Really shoulda jumped on the cheaper prices when this was announced.

My Gold runs out in November 2019 and Game Pass next month so I used the deal and am now good until Jan 2020. Grrr, I should have read more into it the other day before I subscribed since I had a 12 month unused card. Any way to go back and add the 12 month card without screwing everything up?
People on reddit said it only adds 1 month of Game Pass for every month of Gold if you add Gold time after upgrading to Ultimate.

Edit: I meant 1 month of Game Pass for every 3 months of Gold.

Is this still working?  I see Costco Gold deals for 54.99 and 94.99 I could do

I have Live through August 23 this year, and Game Pass through 4/4/2020...

What's a good strategy to take advantage of this deal? I'm hooked on Game Pass lol. I'd rather not go crazy spending lots of money, but if it gets me Ultimate for a while it's worth it.  I'm just not sure exactly on the math or how things work.

Is this still working? I see Costco Gold deals for 54.99 and 94.99 I could do

What's a good strategy to take advantage of this deal? I'm hooked on Game Pass lol. I'd rather not go crazy spending lots of money, but if it gets me Ultimate for a while it's worth it. I'm just not sure exactly on the math or how things work.
Just do the 2 year Costco deal. With your remaining time, plus one month from the $1 ultimate deal when you convert, you should be good until 6/2022.

Is this still working? I see Costco Gold deals for 54.99 and 94.99 I could do

What's a good strategy to take advantage of this deal? I'm hooked on Game Pass lol. I'd rather not go crazy spending lots of money, but if it gets me Ultimate for a while it's worth it. I'm just not sure exactly on the math or how things work.
Check the trade forums. You can get better prices in there.

My Gold runs out in November 2019 and Game Pass next month so I used the deal and am now good until Jan 2020. Grrr, I should have read more into it the other day before I subscribed since I had a 12 month unused card. Any way to go back and add the 12 month card without screwing everything up?
No. If you add 12 months of live now you’ll only get 4 months. Some people have been able to contact MS support and have them cancel their ultimate. This reverts you back to silver, so you’ll lose the 6 months or so. But then you could use that code and a 24 month from Costco (assuming you don’t do auto renewal for the free month with the code) and redo the $1 ultimate conversion. You’ll lose some time but gain much more in the long run having ultimate out to 2022. Again, it’s YMMV since you have to cancel ultimate and redo the deal.

Got this mainly for the PC Game pass, go to install the Xbox app, told I don't have a compatible device. Running Windows updates until hopefully it gets up to date and I can get it to work. Good thing I have 3 years at the rate these updates install.

Got this mainly for the PC Game pass, go to install the Xbox app, told I don't have a compatible device. Running Windows updates until hopefully it gets up to date and I can get it to work. Good thing I have 3 years at the rate these updates install.
Game pass requires the May update which I don’t believe has been forced out yet or maybe had limited roll out. That update is slow! You also have to update the Xbox app to the latest beta release.

Game pass requires the May update which I don’t believe has been forced out yet or maybe had limited roll out. That update is slow! You also have to update the Xbox app to the latest beta release.
That's what I noticed. Either have to force the update by manually installing it or I'll just wait until the weekend and hope it gets resolved since the newest update seems to have some issues. I'll know I'm up to date when Windows restarts right in the middle of something important.

Woops, I just re-read my post. I meant it adds 1 month of Game Pass for every 3 months of Gold if you add Gold after signing up for Ultimate.

Just adding my thanks - holy cow - Gold was almost up, and had 9 months of Game Pass. So, redeemed Bing points for 3 months of Gold. Then, bought 24 months of Gold from CDKeys for $100. Then upgraded. So now have Ultimate for 36 months until June 2022.  THANKS OP! THANKS INTERNET! THANKS MICROSOFT!  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:

So my xbox live gold is up at the end of this month.  If I buy 3 years of gold now, I'll have over 36 months of gold due to the overlap.  Does that affect anything if I then try Ultimate for $1?  Do I still get 36 months of ultimate for just the $1?  Don't want to screw up this process :shock:

So my xbox live gold is up at the end of this month. If I buy 3 years of gold now, I'll have over 36 months of gold due to the overlap. Does that affect anything if I then try Ultimate for $1? Do I still get 36 months of ultimate for just the $1? Don't want to screw up this process :shock:
From what I understand you will not currently be able to redeem 3 full years until your current gold time is 0. I would just buy 2 or 2.5 years, upgrade with $1, and call it a day.

Anyone know the expiration date on this deal? Also, does anyone know of any bing reward deals coming up on gold or pass, sitting on over 30K pts.

One more question... do you have to upgrade through the link in the OP or do you do it in the dashboard?

Sorry to pester you all again, but if I do cancel my Game Pass Ultimate in order to renew some new subscriptions, will it give me the deal for $1 again? Can anyone confirm for sure before I do it? I also have 6 months of Game Pass that I haven't renewed yet too. Thanks in advance!

Stumbled onto this randomly as well. Just re-upped my Gold for the next 2 years in addition to what I have left. Ended up with around 35 months of it. I know I have a month of game pass code around here but not sure where I left it. Ah well, totally worth it. Greatest deal in history.

Man, this sucks. I thought when it went live it was a deal to get one more month of each service gold and gamepass, after I saw a tweet, which said possibly a price mistake since it was one dollar. Didn't see the ultimate part, and went for it right away. It doesn't expire till 1/2020, but had 9 months of gold that I could've redeemed plus an extra year from somewhere else. 

If I cancel the ultimate right now, and try to do it again, I don't think it will work correct? Really mad at myself that I did this because I thought it was a price mistake. fuck

^ it said something about it not being redeemable again when I signed up, and that the price was subject to change (standard legal mumbo jumbo). Doubt they'll let you cancel and redo it. Sorry man, that's a bummer. 

If you have another account though or if you game share with anyone you might be able to get in on it on the other account, try that if you can.

bread's done
Back