Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
So from my understanding is this wouldn't work with a monthly XBL subscription or no? That and I would need to at least buy a year's worth of XBL in advance for this to actually be a good deal?

Ok so I don't any xbox consoles right now, but still have gold expiring next month, 7/15/2019. I also have some 1yr xbl gold codes from ms rewards and even found a super old 1yr code from an og xbox live starter kit.

Question though is can I check if the codes are still valid on their site like how psn gives a confirmation screen? or will it auto redeem a good code?

Just want to make sure because I either have to ask support if they can cancel my remaining time or somehow trade a 12month sub for either 6+3month codes or 3x 3month codes.
Yes, you can check your codes on your PC, when you put the code in, it will tell you if it's already been redeemed or not valid. To see what it is, click the Next tab. You are then given a option to decline or accept. Click on Decline.

I think this deal was worth about $30 to me, and probably zero if I include the value of my time (trying to make sure I didn't screw it up by violating arcane restrictions on adding time). That's partly because I currently place no value on the PC game pass aspect, as I don't game on PC. So for me it's primarily about XBL Gold and Xbox (console) Game Pass, and I actually sacrificed some XBL Gold time when I upgraded. Of course, it also assumes that I'd continue to be able to get Xbox Game Pass at about $1 a month, which seems to have been the case with one promotion following another and another. So we'll see. 

Happy for those that were in a position to realize more value from it, though.

I had just redeemed a 12 month code that I purchased elsewhere, leaving me good until 7/12/2020. I wanted to then apply the 24 month code I got from Costco for the full three years, but when redeeming it on the website it says "You've reached the limit of how far you can extend a subscription. Depending on the product it could be 2-5 years."

So what's the deal? I thought you could redeem up to three years subscription, which is what I wanted to do before upgrading to Ultimate. But it's not letting me apply the code. If I upgrade to Ultimate now, can I still apply the 24 months later? Not sure what to do here.

I think this deal was worth about $30 to me, and probably zero if I include the value of my time (trying to make sure I didn't screw it up by violating arcane restrictions on adding time). That's partly because I currently place no value on the PC game pass aspect, as I don't game on PC. So for me it's primarily about XBL Gold and Xbox (console) Game Pass, and I actually sacrificed some XBL Gold time when I upgraded. Of course, it also assumes that I'd continue to be able to get Xbox Game Pass at about $1 a month, which seems to have been the case with one promotion following another and another. So we'll see.

Happy for those that were in a position to realize more value from it, though.
I think the main value is in locking in the time and being grandfathered in, and Microsoft is making a big push in streaming and being a third party provider. The future of Xcloud and Game Pass being on more devices, phones, etc. Who knows what the added benefits will be in 3 years. Just like how Amazon Prime, when it launched, was just like free shipping, and now it provides so much more.

It would not surprise me if XGP came to Switch, Apple, or Amazon TV - or if they added streaming movies to this subscription. Who knows.

I had just redeemed a 12 month code that I purchased elsewhere, leaving me good until 7/12/2020. I wanted to then apply the 24 month code I got from Costco for the full three years, but when redeeming it on the website it says "You've reached the limit of how far you can extend a subscription. Depending on the product it could be 2-5 years."

So what's the deal? I thought you could redeem up to three years subscription, which is what I wanted to do before upgrading to Ultimate. But it's not letting me apply the code. If I upgrade to Ultimate now, can I still apply the 24 months later? Not sure what to do here.
You cannot redeem any code that would make your Gold sub extend past 3 years, so unfortunately you are kind of screwed here. You will not be able to redeem a 2-year code at this point until 7/12. Based on the expiration date, I suspect you accepted the free month from turning on recurring billing.

See my multiple posts above on this same exact issue. That one extra month is blocking your redemption of the prepaid because it pushes you past 36 months. You can redeem your 24 month prepaid after upgrading to Ultimate, but you will no longer get the 1:1 ratio conversion.

Question (and sorry if this has been covered) if I redeem the game pass that I bought a while back from amazon that gave you 3 + 3 months, then got 2 years of live & added recurring, that would make me sit on 2 years and 1 month of live and 6 months of game pass. Then buying the ultimate would transform the whole thing into 2 years 8 months of ultimate...got that right?

I'm ready to jump in.  This is still active right?

I don't want to spring for 2 years and have the deal expired on me.

Question (and sorry if this has been covered) if I redeem the game pass that I bought a while back from amazon that gave you 3 + 3 months, then got 2 years of live & added recurring, that would make me sit on 2 years and 1 month of live and 6 months of game pass. Then buying the ultimate would transform the whole thing into 2 years 8 months of ultimate...got that right?
Yes, when you pay the intitial $1. Is that 3 + 3 still good for 6 months, though?

See my multiple posts above on this same exact issue. That one extra month is blocking your redemption of the prepaid because it pushes you past 36 months. You can redeem your 24 month prepaid after upgrading to Ultimate, but you will no longer get the 1:1 ratio conversion.
Correct, and just to crystal clear, the conversion ratio sucks - he would only get 8 months of GPU for the 24-month Gold code after the fact.

xLXCfrh.png

I love this deal.

My Live had expired but I just signed up for Game Pass for 6 months (I took a survey and Microsoft gifted it to me).

I bought the 24 month Live sub from Costco, redeemed it, then the $1 Ultimate deal.

Microsoft added the 6 months Game Pass to the end giving me 30 months total of Ultimate.

What a way to promote your new service!

Does this work after the $1 sign up or is this an either or thing 3 months of ultimate for $20 https://m.gamestop.com/product/xbox-one/console-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-3-month-limited-time-introductory-offer/177364

Also if I don’t have either gold or gamepass and I get a 2 year gold membership how much is that going to be Of Ultimate when I do the $1 sign up
I'm not sure about the $20 deal (don't do it first!!!), but if you get 2 years of Gold and then do the $1 conversion you will get 25 months of GPU, so it should expire in 7/2021.

Decided to wait on this for a few days to see how well it was working, I was good on Gold until 11/20 and GP until 6/20 and was sitting on almost 40K bing points, so decided to grab a year for 29k, and had 1.76 in my gold account so only had to pay a $1 now good until 6/22.

Thanks guys for all the info.

CDKeys has 12 month codes for 50 bucks for those who aren't seeing any better deals out there. Not that bad considering what you'll get with this deal stacking on top of it. 

When does this offer expire?
Like I have stated multiple times, Microsoft stated it would be good the week of E3 which ended today. I'm still looking for 9 or 12 months and I think the deal will work until midnight PST tonight or maybe the end of tomorrow. I haven't seen any clarification from anywhere and I called M$ on the phone but they just refer me to their website. Very strange that you can't talk to a human. I would add the gold ASAP. I am waiting on their chat and I will ask.

*Edit* okay I just got done with chatting on the website. Here is what Anthon told me:

"Yeah, well as per checking out with our tech advisors here, It seems like It will end on Nov. 2019:)"

He also told me that if I add another year of gold and then add the game pass ultimate, it would take me to 7-13-2022 so there's that too.

So it looks like we don't need to freak out! November is when the promo ends. I have the reference number emailed to me.

If anyone interested I still have XBL 12 month codes for $49 each. Just PM me

Like I have stated multiple times, Microsoft stated it would be good the week of E3 which ended today. I'm still looking for 9 or 12 months and I think the deal will work until midnight PST tonight or maybe the end of tomorrow. I haven't seen any clarification from anywhere and I called M$ on the phone but they just refer me to their website. Very strange that you can't talk to a human. I would add the gold ASAP. I am waiting on their chat and I will ask.

*Edit* okay I just got done with chatting on the website. Here is what Anthon told me:
"Yeah, well as per checking out with our tech advisors here, It seems like It will end on Nov. 2019:)"

He also told me that if I add another year of gold and then add the game pass ultimate, it would take me to 7-13-2022 so there's that too.

So it looks like we don't need to freak out! November is when the promo ends. I have the reference number emailed to me.
Someone on Reddit said that an agent told them the promo expires June 30th. That would make more sense. Regardless, you don't really want to wait.

Considering the guy already gave you one wrong piece of information about the subscription going to 7/2022 (it won't), I wouldn't believe anything else he said. Unfortunately none of us really know when the deal ends.

Why would you give out information that is obviously wrong? Telling folks they can wait til November will leave some people actually waiting until November. This customer service rep was talking out of his ass to get you off the phone.

With most any CAG deal, the right advise is to take part AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. Deals that are too good to be true usually are, but when they are legit, they are liable to be ended early. There is probably a reason they did not give a firm end date. For all we know this could be over tomorrow.

What is the latest date you can have gold expire before you can't convert to ultimate?

Edit: found it, looks like 6/2022 is the longest you want to go.

It's possible there are two parts of the promotion in play here. One part would be the conversion of remaining Gold time to Game Pass Ultimate, which very well may end in November. There may be some point in time where they will no longer convert it, or at least not at 100%. The other part is paying $1 for Game Pass Ultimate, which most likely ends in the near future (by the end of this month) and will probably be offered again like they've already done with Game Pass.

What a deal, thanks for the heads up!

$14.99 every month, next charge on 6/14/2022 with Microsoft account balance
So I lost 16 days of the $1 sub since I had gold through 6/1/22, still an absolute steal. Now I guess I have reason to turn on my One X. Want to play Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and the new State of Decay 2 add on. Very cool.

Someone on Reddit said that an agent told them the promo expires June 30th. That would make more sense. Regardless, you don't really want to wait.

Considering the guy already gave you one wrong piece of information about the subscription going to 7/2022 (it won't), I wouldn't believe anything else he said. Unfortunately none of us really know when the deal ends.

Why would you give out information that is obviously wrong? Telling folks they can wait til November will leave some people actually waiting until November. This customer service rep was talking out of his ass to get you off the phone.

With most any CAG deal, the right advise is to take part AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. Deals that are too good to be true usually are, but when they are legit, they are liable to be ended early. There is probably a reason they did not give a firm end date. For all we know this could be over tomorrow.

It's possible there are two parts of the promotion in play here. One part would be the conversion of remaining Gold time to Game Pass Ultimate, which very well may end in November. There may be some point in time where they will no longer convert it, or at least not at 100%. The other part is paying $1 for Game Pass Ultimate, which most likely ends in the near future (by the end of this month) and will probably be offered again like they've already done with Game Pass.
I am just passing along what I was told. It's that simple. It was not on the phone. I called them but I was directed to the website. Does that mean they were closed? Can you talk on the phone to a person? If so, I will do that today and get this clarified. I have the reference number which is proof that I was informed the $1 promo lasts until November and that my sub would run through 7-13-2022. I have no doubt the M$ rep might have been confused but I clarified with him like 4 times and got the same answer each time. Yes, it makes more sense that the $1 promo ends June 30th and that the conversion of your remaining gold or game pass subs to Ultimate is what ends in November but again, I was told differently.

**EDIT** Update. I just spent an hour and 55 min talking with Microsoft on the phone. After talking to 3 different people including a supervisor, I was told that the $1 promo will ALWAYS be there for brand new subs to Game Pass Ultimate. I was also told 3 different things about my current sub situation. The last person I talked to was a supervisor that told me to just wait a month and on July 12th, add a year of gold and then sign up for the Game Pass Ultimate for $1 and everything will be fine. He said I could also add 9 months today and then do the Promo so pretty much what has already been told to me here. I have to say the amount of time on hold and being told 3 different things is pretty bad for a billion dollar company. Not a good first time calling customer service for me.

So the 12 month gold = 4 Month ultimate = 29000 reward points? How easy/hard is it to earn 29000 points every 4 month in rewards?

I'm a little LTTP but my Gold is expired. Can I buy a 1 year right now, sign up for a game pass trial, and then pay the $1 to combine the 12 months of Live + X months of game pass to create a combined Game Pass ultimate? As long as I redeem them in the order of 1. XBL Gold 2. Game Pass trial 3. $1 Game Pass Ultimate

I'm a little LTTP but my Gold is expired. Can I buy a 1 year right now, sign up for a game pass trial, and then pay the $1 to combine the 12 months of Live + X months of game pass to create a combined Game Pass ultimate? As long as I redeem them in the order of 1. XBL Gold 2. Game Pass trial 3. $1 Game Pass Ultimate
Yes.

So the 12 month gold = 4 Month ultimate = 29000 reward points? How easy/hard is it to earn 29000 points every 4 month in rewards?
3 months of Game Pass (2 months of Ultimate) is 17000, which I realize now is more x2 than the year of Gold for 4 months (34,000 vs 29,000), though they often have "hot deals" on Game Pass and Gold, so you may be able to choose which one to buy based on the deal, your status, and amount of points. I'd imagine they will add GP Ultimate subscription codes as rewards at some point. It will be more than the current GP and Gold rewards, but the lack of conversion rate might work out better.

I understand why so many people are buying Gold and GP codes before converting to Ultimate, but I'm fine with the Ultimate subscription I have until October 2020 with codes I'd already banked from Bing points. I haven't spent real money on Gold or GP in years thanks to MS Rewards, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to continue using points alone to "pay" for Ultimate. Especially since I have a year and a half to bank more points.

3 months of Game Pass (2 months of Ultimate) is 17000, which I realize now is more x2 than the year of Gold for 4 months (34,000 vs 29,000), though they often have "hot deals" on Game Pass and Gold, so you may be able to choose which one to buy based on the deal, your status, and amount of points. I'd imagine they will add GP Ultimate subscription codes as rewards at some point. It will be more than the current GP and Gold rewards, but the lack of conversion rate might work out better.

I understand why so many people are buying Gold and GP codes before converting to Ultimate, but I'm fine with the Ultimate subscription I have until October 2020 with codes I'd already banked from Bing points. I haven't spent real money on Gold or GP in years thanks to MS Rewards, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to continue using points alone to "pay" for Ultimate. Especially since I have a year and a half to bank more points.
I was going to say something very similar. Look for hot deals on game pass or gold on Bing rewards. In April, I got a year of gold for 22,500 points instead of 28,000. In March, I got 3 sets of 3 month game pass for 13,500 each instead of 17,000. If you have Ultimate going through 2021 or 2022, just keep banking points each day (every morning, I get 200 points at the absolute minimum in about 5 minutes, and get the day's headlines along with them), and you will be able to easily sustain Ultimate as long as they don't mess with the cost of the items or the conversion rates.

I just spent an hour and 55 min talking with Microsoft on the phone. After talking to 3 different people including a supervisor, I was told that the $1 promo will ALWAYS be there for brand new subs to Game Pass Ultimate. I was also told 3 different things about my current sub situation. The last person I talked to was a supervisor that told me to just wait a month and on July 12th, add a year of gold and then sign up for the Game Pass Ultimate for $1 and everything will be fine. He said I could also add 9 months today and then do the Promo so pretty much what has already been told to me here. I have to say the amount of time on hold and being told 3 different things is pretty bad for a billion dollar company. Not a good first time calling customer service for me.

I wound up buying 2 years but it is telling me that I can only get my first month for $1 then it's $15 a month thereafter, and have to pay that amount upfront. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit -- I redeemed a code for 2 years of XBL Gold, and then tried to sign up for Game Pass Ultimate. I forgot to get Game Pass beforehand. Does it have to be done?

I wound up buying 2 years but it is telling me that I can only get my first month for $1 then it's $15 a month thereafter, and have to pay that amount upfront. Am I doing something wrong?
You got 2 years of gold added to your account correct? Which would put you to 6-14-2021 correct? Adding the $1 game pass Ultimate promo should put you to 7-14-2021 with game pass ultimate and then $14.99 a month charge after that. Call 1-877-696-7786 or go to their support chat on the website if you are having problems. I have no idea what you did or didn't do.

Edit -- I redeemed a code for 2 years of XBL Gold, and then tried to sign up for Game Pass Ultimate. I forgot to get Game Pass beforehand. Does it have to be done?
No if you go to subscriptions it should show your ultimate gamer expiration date 2 plus years away

I'm sure its been asked plenty of times, but whats the cheapest way to get gold currently?
right now would be from cdkeys(around $54 for a year) or costco(just bought mine for 24 months for $95). i think sams club has the same deal as costco but im not sure.

So after you convert to gamepass ultimate what happens when you enter just a normal xbox live code? I imagine a 12 month code gets converted to something smaller for ultimate.

Does this work after the $1 sign up or is this an either or thing 3 months of ultimate for $20 https://m.gamestop.com/product/xbox-one/console-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-3-month-limited-time-introductory-offer/177364

Also if I don’t have either gold or gamepass and I get a 2 year gold membership how much is that going to be Of Ultimate when I do the $1 sign up
NEVER BUY DIGITAL CODES FROM GAMESTOP DOT COM. Buy anywhere else online, or go into a GS store. If you even get your code from the site, it will take days at best.

Can you use the 3 month intro offer for $20 if you already have Ultimate?
No. From the Amazon description (highlight the text to see, didn't convert right from Amazon)

"

• Includes Xbox Live Gold and over 100 of high-quality console and PC games for $19.99 for 3 months for a limited time. Important: This offer is only valid for customers who do not already have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription and this offer is limited to 1 redemption per Microsoft Account per year. Please see the product description below for more detail.

12 months of XBL Gold turns into 4 months of GPU
Yeah, the key takeaway in this thread is to load up your account as cheap as you can on Xbox live and game pass codes before you convert so you land at 3 years of game pass ultimate

bread's done
Back