Xbox games $12.66 @ Sam's Club

xgamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just visited my local Sam's Club and found 4 new Xbox games, all priced at $12.66 each.

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (not a great deal as it's on the BB Frontrow for $4.99)

World War II Combat: Road to Berlin

Indigo Prophecy

Land of the Dead

I picked up a copy of Land of the Dead yesterday. They also had a Harvest Moon title, but I can't remember which one. Good find, thanks OP!

[quote name='thebob101']I picked up a copy of Land of the Dead yesterday. They also had a Harvest Moon title, but I can't remember which one. Good find, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I always wanted to check out Land Of The Dead but all the reviews I've read said it's horrible. Is it really that bad of a game?

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Could we do a Costco/Sam's Club deal thread?[/quote]

it's not worth doing Sam's & Wallmart are all up to the individual store to handle their clearance.

Which is why my Wallmart has a huge selection of PS1 titles behind their case... great sports titles too. And yes, they even have some N64 titles as well.

[quote name='norkusa']I always wanted to check out Land Of The Dead but all the reviews I've read said it's horrible. Is it really that bad of a game?[/QUOTE]
I liked it. I'm a HUGE Romero fan. It was slow paced but the atmosphere and music were good. I'd recommend picking it up if you're a fan of Romero's movies.

Sam's club is a very YMMV. I picked up 2 copies of Rainbow 6 Vegas (360) for $21.86 each back in late april/early may and some PS3 games (some basketball game) for $10.86 each. Also some other games here and there (TMNT 360 about 2 weeks after it came out for about $20); they tend to mark them down when they get to less than 3 and they have no intention to restock them (at least that is what an employee there told me). I don't know about anyone else's Sam's club, but mine doesn't stock that many games; probably near 10 for the 360, 12-15 for PS3, handful for the DS/GBA and some for the PS2/GC/Xbox. It isn't uncommon for the games to ring up lower at the register than what is marked, though it isn't guaranteed.

for that price everyone should get indigo prophecy, at least for the first 2/3s of the game. although i had fun throughout.

I think even if Sam's Club/Costco/BJ's(?) are horribly YMMV, we should still have a topic for them. At least for whate they have in stock and the default price.

I recomend the Land of the Dead, I really enjoyed it. The Online play was a bit blah, but the invasion was kinda fun. The local store here had 10-15 copies of each so Im not for sure that it was a closeout or just NOS.

I bet they had these games locked away and just realized they were around. There were too many copies for it to be reissued or new copies to the store.

I saw all four at local Sam's yesterday, and they had new UPCs stickered over the originals, similar to the Best Buy Frontlane games. They were all marked $12.88, as if they received them stickered that price.

And it looks like 'Land of the Dead' is a deal at ~$13. GS/EB have it used for $25:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=950827

Amazon and Ebay average a few bucks more for used copies as well.

If you are interested in the Romero zombie mythos, AND understand this a slightly below average FPS, you might want to pick this up.

If anyone picks up an extra copy of the Land of the Dead, I would pay 20 for it shipped. I don't have a sams within 200 miles of me.

PM if ya got one......I can do paypal or whatever you need

thanks in advance

bread's done
Back