Xbox Games on Demand sale 75% off

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
http://majornelson.com/2012/06/14/june-19-25-games-on-demand-sale/

June 19 – July 2 Games on Demand Sale

the sale has been extended!

These deals will be available in all Xbox LIVE regions where the title is available.

$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Alone in the Dark
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bolt
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bomberman Act: Zero
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
$3.99 (normally $13.99) 73% off Conan
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Dark Void
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off FaceBreaker
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Kameo
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Meet the Robinsons
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Open Season
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Perfect Dark Zero
$4.99 (normally $14.99) 73% off Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Rockstar Table Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off SEGA Superstars Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Surf’s Up
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tornado Outbreak
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Virtua Tennis 2009
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Viva Pinata Party Animals

I think Prince of Persia and Conan are great at this price!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DJP519']Which of these three family-friendly (read: achievement-whoring) games is the most fun to play? Bolt, Open Season, or Surfs Up? Thanks for any good opinions.[/QUOTE]

Open Season and Surfs Up I thought wee both fun simple games, though I never 1000d Surfs Ip. Had trouble with a few of the achievements.

Tornado Outbreak looks decent enough, unfortunately I'd rather give Gamestop an extra two bucks to keep those 4 gigs off of my hard drive.

[quote name='INCyr']That's what Nelson's blog linked to, but it's still priced at $19.99 on the website. Instead, the 2010 movie tie-in (The Forgotten Sands) is priced at $5. It sucks, I was MUCH more interested in the cell-shaded game. I think I'm going to pass on PP:TFS.

Might bite on Kameo, but I'll need to think about it. Don't really NEED any more games, and it's not like I've had my eye on it for a while, but it might be fun for a pallet cleanser between some of my heavier games.[/QUOTE]

The Forgotten Sands is NOT a movie tie-in. The movie was based on the first game of that "trilogy" (Sands of Time). Forgotten Sands is pretty good if you liked the Sands of Time trilogy. I personally liked 08 better, but a lot of people thought Forgotten Sands was better.

Going by peoples recommendations, I've gone for PoP. I loved Sands of Time on the PS2. Never wanted to bother with the later versions which tried too hard to be brutal/hardcore. Also grabbed a couple of the animation-based games for my (ahem) nephew.

Finally a reason to use spare 16Gb usb sticks.

[quote name='Indifference']I've heard good things about Tornado Outbreak. Even some comparisons to Katamari.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a winner for $5.

[quote name='DJP519']Which of these three family-friendly (read: achievement-whoring) games is the most fun to play? Bolt, Open Season, or Surfs Up? Thanks for any good opinions.[/QUOTE]

In order:
Surf's Up, Bolt, Open Season

In order of achievement ease:
Open Season, Surf's Up (some time trial ones for the slides from the menu can be a pita), Bolt (not as easy as the other two and far more time consuming)

[quote name='DarkPGR']The Forgotten Sands is NOT a movie tie-in. The movie was based on the first game of that "trilogy" (Sands of Time). Forgotten Sands is pretty good if you liked the Sands of Time trilogy. I personally liked 08 better, but a lot of people thought Forgotten Sands was better.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. The dude on the game looks just like jake g. Not only is it a tie in its a cash in. Not sure how you would think its NOT.

[quote name='Cocojames333']Ugh. The dude on the game looks just like jake g. Not only is it a tie in its a cash in. Not sure how you would think its NOT.[/QUOTE]

because the plot has nothing to do with the movie?

[quote name='Cocojames333']Ugh. The dude on the game looks just like jake g. Not only is it a tie in its a cash in. Not sure how you would think its NOT.[/QUOTE]

Forgotten Sands and the return to the Sands of Time series after it ended for a release at essentially the SAME time as the film was definitely and attempt to bring the movie public to the game, if needed. As if the game was based on the movie and not vice-versa (iirc Jake G even had to sort this out in plenty of interviews including one in winter of 2010/2011 with Jon Stewart)...

The character was supposed to be a mesh of the leads from Sands of Time and Warrior Within more than a Jake G copy, but I definitely lead more towards your point about it being an attempted tie-in.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']because the plot has nothing to do with the movie?[/QUOTE]

In fairness, the Bolt game involves the dog having a sonic bark and shooting lasers, something in the movie he technically couldn't really do.

Doesn't mean Bolt wasn't released/made to tie to the film. ;-)

The game was designed to continue the closed SOT trilogy (taking place between FS and WW I believe), but the only reason they revisited it years later is the sands were a plot device used in the film.

It can easily be seen as a companion to the film.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Forgotten Sands and the return to the Sands of Time series after it ended for a release at essentially the SAME time as the film was definitely and attempt to bring the movie public to the game, if needed. As if the game was based on the movie and not vice-versa (iirc Jake G even had to sort this out in plenty of interviews including one in winter of 2010/2011 with Jon Stewart)...

The character was supposed to be a mesh of the leads from Sands of Time and Warrior Within more than a Jake G copy, but I definitely lead more towards your point about it being an attempted tie-in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. $5 is good price regardless

[quote name='Cocojames333']Yeah. $5 is good price regardless[/QUOTE]

Definitely not arguing the deal/value with my posts. Honestly, it's probably fine at a 10-12 price, especially since it is only 2 years old.

I'd go one further and say outside of Facebreaker (which is horrible and offers no online play so half the game is neutered) and maybe Bomberman: Act Zero (which, upon release the CAG crew noted (paraphrasing here) "I guess this means it is no longer news when a Xbox 360 game is released")... I'm sure you can find $5 value or more in pretty much the entire list.

I ended up going with:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Prince of Persia
Dark Void (didn't get yet; dling demo first)

I know I could probably get them cheaper at a game store but I wanted to support this type of sale and hopefully there will be more like it.

[quote name='DarkPGR']That is actually not true. Part of the Cell R&D went into creating the CPU that powers the Xbox 360 (which was made by IBM) but it is NOT entirely based on the Cell. It is a much easier to program, normal architecture.

[/QUOTE]

The 360 uses IBM Power chips. The Cell chip was a completely different design, unrelated to Power architecture. It was just partly developed along with IBM, Sony, and Toshiba. Power is IBM only. Totally and utterly different.

let's stop all this Cell CPU nonsense. it has nothing to do with the thread, and there's so much misinformation being put out there on both the 360 CPU and the Cell that it's not even worth commenting about.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']In fairness, the Bolt game involves the dog having a sonic bark and shooting lasers, something in the movie he technically couldn't really do.

Doesn't mean Bolt wasn't released/made to tie to the film. ;-)

[/QUOTE]

I played through the game and Bolt the game is based on the TV show that Bolt was in within the movie. So thats why he can shoot lasers and stuff.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Lol WTF did i just watch.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that guy has Autism or something, he's not just doing that

[quote name='technicalstylez']just watched a vid on the surfs up game. its like ssx , but with a surfing penguin. good bye bionic commando, hello surfs up.[/QUOTE]

silly penguins

holy crap. I thought I'd played conan before and that i lost interest quickly but it turns out I was misremembering Viking. Such a steal at $3.99 in points.

thanks to whoever called it god of war w/ conan.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']I'm pretty sure that guy has Autism or something, he's not just doing that[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt be show sure. also yes wtf did i just watch???

framerate issues aside, i loved viking. glad ur liking conan. it does robert e. howard proud.
now if only they'd make a solomon kane game... or even a john carter game -not movie based tho-.

[quote name='confoosious']holy crap. I thought I'd played conan before and that i lost interest quickly but it turns out I was misremembering Viking. Such a steal at $3.99 in points.

thanks to whoever called it god of war w/ conan.[/QUOTE]

I had 840 points lying around so I used some of them on Conan. Any recommendations for the rest? I already have PDZ and PoP. Ddin't like Bionic Commando. Was thinking about one of the Tennis games.

[quote name='754boy']I had 840 points lying around so I used some of them on Conan. Any recommendations for the rest? I already have PDZ and PoP. Ddin't like Bionic Commando. Was thinking about one of the Tennis games.[/QUOTE]

The Sega Tennis is fun, but you can get it bundled with a bunch of arcade games on a second disc for dirt cheap so that might be better to get at the store.

[quote name='754boy']I had 840 points lying around so I used some of them on Conan. Any recommendations for the rest? I already have PDZ and PoP. Ddin't like Bionic Commando. Was thinking about one of the Tennis games.[/QUOTE]
Rockstar Table Tennis is great but if u want regular tennis then i guess Virtua Tennis 2009. anyone know if people still play PDZ or Table tennis online?

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Rockstar Table Tennis is great but if u want regular tennis then i guess Virtua Tennis 2009. anyone know if people still play PDZ or Table tennis online?[/QUOTE]

Table Tennis is pretty much dead Online.PDZ has a very small community that plays randomly.

I bought Cloudy with a chance Of meatball yesterday and beat it today and it was pretty enjoyable.Can you guys tell me which one of these i should buy Tornado Outbreak or Surfs Up?

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Table Tennis is pretty much dead Online.PDZ has a very small community that plays randomly.

I bought Cloudy with a chance Of meatball yesterday and beat it today and it was pretty enjoyable.Can you guys tell me which one of these i should buy Tornado Outbreak or Surfs Up?[/QUOTE]
I really enjoyed tornado outbreak. Had a big katamari feel to me.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Table Tennis is pretty much dead Online.PDZ has a very small community that plays randomly.

I bought Cloudy with a chance Of meatball yesterday and beat it today and it was pretty enjoyable.Can you guys tell me which one of these i should buy Tornado Outbreak or Surfs Up?[/QUOTE]

Both are worth the buy, but you'll finish Surf's Up faster.

Edit: Few notes: (1) Every page is appears people don't read and mention things mentioned 50 times. Great. (2) To the person who didn't seem to gauge that I saw the film Bolt or played the game ... you really put that together as a reply?

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Rockstar Table Tennis is great but if u want regular tennis then i guess Virtua Tennis 2009. anyone know if people still play PDZ or Table tennis online?[/QUOTE]

I bought Table Tennis so add me on Live if you want to play some online - CONLAW2

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']is Virtua Tennis '09 worth grabbing or would it be outdated at this point?[/QUOTE]
its alrite, i just picked it up too so if u like tennis its good but not as good as Virtua Tennis 3 but its ok i guess.

[quote name='Barry Burton']most of these games are cheaper at gamestop, plus you save hard drive space[/QUOTE]

No kidding? It's a wonder nobody has mentioned this yet...

[quote name='slowpantz']Kind of want to bite on Bionic Commando....maybe Conan too....but I really dont need them.[/QUOTE]

Bionic Commando isn't on sale. Alone in the Dark took it's place. But I bought Conan yesterday, it's a fun game. Pretty much a God of War clone. Worth the $4 so far.

bread's done
Back