Xbox Gold Members can play Sunset Overdrive for FREE 11/22

girlracer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/21/7260335/xbox-live-members-can-play-sunset-overdrive-for-free-november-22

This Saturday, Microsoft is letting all Xbox Live gold members play Sunset Overdrive for free. All day. And it's the full game; you'll get to experience the acclaimed Xbox exclusive without any restrictions or missing play modes. Multiplayer's included (if you get far enough to unlock it), and your progress will be saved in case you decide to go ahead and purchase the game come 11:59PM on Saturday night. Best of all, you'll be able to earn and keep as many of Sunset Overdrive's achievements as you can rack up in 24 hours — even if you don't end up buying it. But you probably will. It's one of the very best reasons to own an Xbox One.

Keep in mind that most new games are huge downloads that can easily span multiple hours. So if you want to maximize your play time, we'd recommend starting the download as soon as Sunset Overdrive turns free on Xbox Live. Kick off the process at 12:01AM ET, and you should be good to go when you wake up Saturday morning. After that, enjoy the insanity, and be prepared to hit the "buy" button. This is a pretty fantastic offer on Microsoft's part and something we'd love to see more of in the future.

pretty good deal, you can probably beat the whole game within that time, since it is not a long game

If only I didn't work tomorrow I'd play it. Oh well, I'm still planning on picking this up around Christmas break.

I traded it in but still have the files on my hd wonder if it would not require a download? may do a few more high score challenges
Wondering the same thing. Probably still have to "download" it but maybe it'll just download the key to let you play it since it is already installed?

Main story takes 8-10 hours but there is a solid 20+ hours of gameplay in Sunset. One of my favorites of this gen so far. Really fun game. It is almost like if Mt. Dew sponsored a Dead Rising game.

Sucks that it's only available for 24 hours, but oh well. Hopefully they do this more often. 

So you can beat the game if you play non-stop.

The problem is you have to download the whole file. Unless you have God Tier speed It's going to take abit to download.

Thank you. I an downloading it now. I am not sure about this game. Now I will kw if I should add it to the backlog. Hopefully it will be ready in a few hrs.

Rented this a couple weeks ago and have up at the part where you have to rescue the one chick on the train. Couldn't stop the train after several attempts.

A couple weeks ago I turned on my Xbox and found the full version of Sunset Overdrive downloaded on my console. I have no idea how I got it. Does anyone know of any contests or giveaways that have been going on lately? Still trying to figure out how I got it for free.

if you have the disk still on your hdd you do not need to download it again. got a quick 500 combo for the challenge. probably wont go back

So glad I didn't buy this game, its like an adult version of ratchet and clank which I liked but the language is just over the top too much. Sad to know kids are playing this game.  Got to over 50% of the game in a few hours.

So glad I didn't buy this game, its like an adult version of ratchet and clank which I liked but the language is just over the top too much. Sad to know kids are playing this game. Got to over 50% of the game in a few hours.
You must be over 40... you know it is rated M for mature right?

You must be over 40... you know it is rated M for mature right?
I have watched numerous times idiot parents buying GTAV for their kids at stores. I remember one GS employee pleading with the mom that this game is not for kids, he was about 9-10 yrs old, and she bought it anyways, so sad. I applauded him for trying first time other than Wal-Mart I have actually seen an employee care like that.

You can also filter gore and bad language if it really bothered you. I just dont know if its bleeped or an alternate script.

bread's done
Back