Xbox Live 12+1 month subscription $29.99 at BestBuy.com now

zizo79

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,
I did a search but I couldn't find anything except for Speedy`s post
Bestbuy.com has the 12+1 month Xbox Live subscription for $29.99 with in-store pick up or plus shipping
Mods Please delete if this is a repost

[quote name='Hostile']I'm pretty sure Speedy's posts count as crossing this out.

Tax and S&H kills it for me.[/quote]

Order online and pick-up??:roll:

[quote name='Hostile']I'm pretty sure Speedy's posts count as crossing this out.

Tax and S&H kills it for me.[/quote]

How? I mean no BB near you? I know some places don't sadly, but even for me shipping was like $5 or $6. I did store pickup for $32 total.

[quote name='safire']I guess Xbox Live is only worth $30 during a recession.[/QUOTE]

lol, might be the case. I got it in on it during the Buy.com deal but I'd almost put up with tax for the GamerZone points you get from Best Buy...

For those of you who just renewed for $49.99, I recommend doing the $29.99 deal then calling XBOX Customer Support and ask for a full refund of the $49.99. When Amazon had the $29.99 deal I picked it up and even though I already renewed my annual subscription several weeks ago, I was able to get the full refund.

[quote name='mrmoodz']For those of you who just renewed for $49.99, I recommend doing the $29.99 deal then calling XBOX Customer Support and ask for a full refund of the $49.99. When Amazon had the $29.99 deal I picked it up and even though I already renewed my annual subscription several weeks ago, I was able to get the full refund.[/quote]

You must have got lucky. I don't see why Microsoft would give people money back for buying a live subscription @ $50 especially since most places sell them at varying prices and they make accessories and sell them at ridiculous prices.

[quote name='LegolasFett']How? I mean no BB near you? I know some places don't sadly, but even for me shipping was like $5 or $6. I did store pickup for $32 total.[/QUOTE]

The nearest BB that I know how to get to is an hour/hour and a half train ride away (x2) so that's +$4 still.

[quote name='ncc1701p']makes ya wonder... are these all going to 29.99 here soon?[/quote]

It would serve all the jackasses right who bought like 500 during the buy.com sale.

Thanks for posting this. I've managed to miss every single one of these until now; ordered two for ISPU.

Hopefully GameStop will give me in-store credit for the two unopened $49.99 ones I bought last week without a hassle.

YES! This is in the Sunday ad which means it's price-matchable for any stores that still do this practice. (Wal-Mart, Fry's, etc.) Great for those of us who have store credit at places that aren't Best Buy.

Man what the hell is going on with the cards being 29 now? Serious I jump all over the amazon deal, and before that they had the deal at wal mart. So now it's like face palm to myself with it being best buy, something you can walk in and get instead of online ordering. meh :/

Yeah of course Broly since the two choices are : credit card info or pre paid card input. Don't worry about it I had my account go to Sliver once, and just put in a card I had to establish it back to Gold.

That's good, then. I remember that sometime around the time Halo 3 came out I fell victim to one of those eBay Live subscription scams (I got my money back, though) and so that kinda put me off on the mindset that it'd work. I guess I'll have to pick one of these up, cancel my Gold account in September, then use the card.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft announced a Live price drop at GDC though. You know, to help "Encourage developers" to have more DLC with more customers.

Thanks for the heads up! Gonna head to BB later on to scope out some guides, so I think I'm gonna have to put my $25 in RZ GC's toward this. I was hoping for a good deal on a game to put that towards, but after last week's fiasco, I guess those opportunities will be gone for awhile.

[quote name='safire']I guess Xbox Live is only worth $30 during a recession.[/quote]

:lol:Things are tough all over. Even at Microsoft.:lol:

Other than online play (which has little appeal for me) are there any other benefits to LIVE?

Honestly, the idea of paying money to play against others never made sense for me. But this has been good revenue stream for MS.

I have enjoyed the online aspects of Little Big Planet (but I'm not a fan boy).

[quote name='schultzed']Other than online play (which has little appeal for me) are there any other benefits to LIVE?

Honestly, the idea of paying money to play against others never made sense for me. But this has been good revenue stream for MS.

I have enjoyed the online aspects of Little Big Planet (but I'm not a fan boy).[/quote]

You can download demos a week before Silver users (Lame, we all know)
Netflix
Instant Messaging over Live (Maybe just voice chat)
You can't message people through xbox.com

That's all I can think of.

Makes you wonder if Microsoft isn't going to lower the price of the service to this permanently, or cut it to free all together in a few months. Maybe this is a way for retailers to clear out existing stock...

Finally broke down and bought one of these. Even though I don't do a lot of online play, the netflix streaming and download demos sealed it for me. Plus at this price it breaks down to like $2.50 a month. :p

FYI: Meijer can not price match.
I tried to PM this at Meijer in Midland, MI. I asked the lady at the electionics dept. She called the service desk and was told that they could PM. When the clerk tried to adjust the price she was unable to adjust or even void that item. She had to get a manager over there to cancel the transaction. Just a heads up.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Makes you wonder if Microsoft isn't going to lower the price of the service to this permanently, or cut it to free all together in a few months. Maybe this is a way for retailers to clear out existing stock...[/quote]

If MS made it free, they may just have a riot on their hands from people like me and other XBL members who renewed their gold membership. The only way for MS to make us feel better is if they either give us our $ back OR credit our XBL account with points equal to the remaining time we have on Live.

Already scored one at Amazon a few weeks ago, hopefully this will turn into a permanent price drop soon.

I got in on the similar Amazon deal last week. What I wish MS would do is to put more energy into their Arcade Greatest Hits program. Seems like they only add a few more every 4-6 months. They should at least add one per month. Thoughts?

[quote name='schultzed'] are there any other benefits to LIVE?
.[/quote]

Netflix, Netflix, Netflix, did I say Netflix?

[quote name='Lost Loser']So are these still full price in the store then if you don't do order it through in-store pick up?[/QUOTE]

No, they're in the ad at this price so if you find one it'll be $29.99.

[quote name='mtxbass1'], or cut it to free all together in a few months. [/quote]

Not going to happened this generation at all and maybe never. Why give up great revenue just because a few people don't want to pay for it. As long as there are people willing to pay, it will never be free. Cheaper yes, but not free. :bouncy:

[quote name='jdeluis']Not going to happened this generation at all and maybe never. Why give up great revenue just because a few people don't want to pay for it. As long as there are people willing to pay, it will never be free. Cheaper yes, but not free. :bouncy:[/quote]

Plus, it'd be a pretty dick move towards the customers to have retailers severely discount an item because you are planning to make it free in a month or two.

Do these cards have an expiration date? I know old ones do, but still redeem properly.

A few days before this sale became active, I went to BB to check out the cards. On the back of the packaging, I didn't see anything about an expiration date.

Maybe I just didn't see the date? Or will all new cards now never expire?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Do these cards have an expiration date? I know old ones do, but still redeem properly.

A few days before this sale became active, I went to BB to check out the cards. On the back of the packaging, I didn't see anything about an expiration date.

Maybe I just didn't see the date? Or will all new cards now never expire?[/quote]

They don't

bread's done
Back