Xbox Live 12 Month Cards, 19.95 at toys r us

monkeymanx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at my local Toys R Us today to see what they had for those recent markdowns and saw that they had the 12 month live cards for 19.95 and also the 3 month starters for 9.95. I'm not sure if the Original XBL 12 Month cards work with 360, I assume they should, so this could be a great deal. I didn't see this posted in the forums so I thought I would bring it to light. May be a YMMV but I wouldn't think so since it would seem to be a product that they are trying to move out.

thank you monkeymanx, I never check any tru threads typically but your post got my attention and I was able to pick up two years of XBL tonight for about $43. This was an awsome deal.

[quote name='gamedog']I just picked up a couple from TRU. My brother has never had a live account. He has already used his free month of gold. We put the code in and it came up just fine. So you don't have to of had a paying subscription to get it working on the 360.[/QUOTE]

good because I only have a silver account. Going to try and pick two up tomorrow.

I Would like to have one if someone could help me get them. Ill pay you $25 if that is okay with you. I appreciate your time and help. Please PM me if you can. THank you!

i'm a happy camper. My toysrus had four of them and I bought one just for now. Went home and entered it in. INVALID! Damn cards are hard to read, so I fix my mistake and I get my gold for a year. I've been on a silver account so I was weary about it working. Glad it did, now I may go back and get another.

[quote name='indy2029']Went to ToysRus and picked up 2 12 month-Xbox Live/Crimson Skies bundles for $29.98 a piece. Does anybody know if these expired yet? Will they ever expire? And can I just add them on the Xbox Live service extender on the dashboard?[/QUOTE]
I know they haven't expired YET, as I used one last week...

[quote name='dan31655']Went home and entered it in. INVALID! Damn cards are hard to read, so I fix my mistake and I get my gold for a year.[/QUOTE]
haha, I had the same problem. Turned out a 6 was actually a G ;p

so wait... i know this has probably already been discussed but im in a hurry to type this so i can get to a meeting...does the 12 month card give you gold status for a year on the xbox 360?

If someone picks up an extra one, let me know and I'll gladly pay you cost + some money to make it worth your while. Have Ebay/Heatware refs too.

Thanks

ye...if anyone could pick one up for me 2 please!!! i just checked my TRU and their 12 month cards are priced at like $70...its ridiculous..ill gladly pay through paypal! pleaseeee!

i'm using a 12 mont subs for a regular xbox. if i get a 360 in the next several months, would the 12 month subs just transfer over to the 360?

[quote name='rly723']i'm using a 12 mont subs for a regular xbox. if i get a 360 in the next several months, would the 12 month subs just transfer over to the 360?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Just make sure you use them BEFORE you transfer your acount to be a 360 account, or else it won't work.

I picked up two cards at TRU for $20 two weeks ago, added a year to each my bf's and my account the same day we bought our 360. Used one of our Xboxes to add the cards on to our existing accounts, then did the whole process of moving them to the 360. Worked fine.

[quote name='animemaniac14']ye...if anyone could pick one up for me 2 please!!! i just checked my TRU and their 12 month cards are priced at like $70...its ridiculous..ill gladly pay through paypal! pleaseeee![/QUOTE]

Ring it up and it'll be $20.

[quote name='whitereflection']Ring it up and it'll be $20.[/quote]

I JUST went to TRU and told them to ring it up...$54.99...i told em to do it again cuz i heard it was supposed to be $19.99....Displayed: $54.99. So ya my TRU sucks balls. So could anyone pleeassee pick up one for me? greatly appreciate it!!!

I too want to reiterate that this does work for XBox 360. I also, was only using the free trial. Entered the card and they added another year to my subscription. Glad I waited to try out Gold before heading to Walmart the day I got my XBox 360 to pay $40+. :bouncy:

[quote name='animemaniac14']I JUST went to TRU and told them to ring it up...$54.99...i told em to do it again cuz i heard it was supposed to be $19.99....Displayed: $54.99. So ya my TRU sucks balls. So could anyone pleeassee pick up one for me? greatly appreciate it!!![/quote]

and you're sure this is the OLD XB Live card, and not the new 360-styled card? crusty old orange package w/free "communicator bag"?

Went to TRU today. The only had the 3 month starter and it rang up $39.99. I picked up FF I and II Dawn of Souls for the GBA for 9.99. The FF hard drive for the PS2 for $39.99 and and extra XBOX remote for .98.

Then went to Sears they had the XBOX 12 month with the pouch for $49.99. But had the girl price check the communicator and Crimson Skies 12 month package and it was 29.99. So I grabbed it.

YES!!

I called and they told me they only had the pack w/ Crimson Skies for 30.00 I figured eh what the hell, and went up to buy it. However, when I got there, they had one card left marked for 20.00!!

I also picked up Psychonauts for 15.00...with all the praise it gets I had to have it.

Used the 5.00 off any purchase 25.00 or more and 31.76 later I'm home :D

EDIT...Annnnnnnd it worked! I'm now set 'till 01/01/2009 :D

Hi guys.

If anyone picks one up for me, I'll PayPal them cash (extra) for the code. PM me please.

I just need one.

My TRU was sold out of them :whistle2:(

Thanks.

[quote name='allyourblood']and you're sure this is the OLD XB Live card, and not the new 360-styled card? crusty old orange package w/free "communicator bag"?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking also when I read his post.

They have some in marion IL for 20$. I bought 2 and might buy more to mail to some friends on live come xmas lol. I however might be willing to trade somebody a one year xbox live card for Viewtiful Joe on the DS. They sold out of them for 15$ at Marion. If somebody wants to talk about this offer PM or email me at [email protected] .

I made it back to my local TRU today and guess what... All 40 of the cards that were there, are all gone. I wonder if one person bought they all up here in CT. I was unable to get even one.

[quote name='monkeymanx']I made it back to my local TRU today and guess what... All 40 of the cards that were there, are all gone. I wonder if one person bought they all up here in CT. I was unable to get even one.[/QUOTE]

Which stores in CT did you check?

[quote name='monkeymanx']Waterford is the local one to me. They had around 40 on Monday and none today.[/QUOTE]

Haha just my luck, i live in waterford! I already have live, but wanted to snag a 12 month card for my cousin.

So I have an XBOX 360 and a subscription that lasts until late 2007...

if I buy one of the old XBOX ones, I will be able to extend it until 2008?

Because...I already bought one from someone and am awaiting the code. This has me nervous now.

JOSH

[quote name='bearcatjosh']So I have an XBOX 360 and a subscription that lasts until late 2007...

if I buy one of the old XBOX ones, I will be able to extend it until 2008?

Because...I already bought one from someone and am awaiting the code. This has me nervous now.

JOSH[/QUOTE]

YES! There is no worries, it will work.

Just wanted to confirm that Sears has the 12 month live kits with the headset and full version of Crimson Skies for $29.99. I just got one and entered it into my 360 - now I'm good with live until March 2008 :D

The box was marked $39.99 so I asked if they could price match TRU - but when they rung it up it came up as $29.99 so no price match necessary.

Well, I'm still looking for 2 of these (or I'll take one if 2 isn't possible). I'm willing to Paypal $50 and I can send you either a sealed SNES game or the xbox 360 Tomb Raider Legend Skin.

Drove into the boonies to find a Toys R Us and got shut out. :bomb:

[quote name='zaarour917']If i go into sears and ask for a price check without a reciept how would it work?[/quote]

you mean price match? you'd probably have to try printing out a scan from another member (me, for instance), or just hope that they go for it on your word alone. that's actually worked for me a couple times.

Thanks alot man im going to print out your reciept...Has anyone bought the full package with a headset because id like to buy that... Andd for the reciept if i take it for price matching it dosent say if its the one year one or not so will that work for the one year one??

[quote name='zaarour917']Thanks alot man im going to print out your reciept...Has anyone bought the full package with a headset because id like to buy that... Andd for the reciept if i take it for price matching it dosent say if its the one year one or not so will that work for the one year one??[/quote]
better than that, both receipts show the full UPC for the 12 month sub card, so you're covered. the full package w/headset is apparently 29.99 already at Sears (YMMV), so if you wanted that anyway, you wouldn't have to bother with a price match.

[quote name='zaarour917']Thanks alot all your blood i appreciate your help.[/quote]

no problem, glad to do it. just keep in mind that depending on how friendly and/or intelligent your local Sears sales team is, you might come home w/ a 12 month kit, or empty-handed w/ a pissed off look on your face. if they hesitate, be firm but polite, and only lean on them if they give you no other choice. i had to be a little persistent; fifty-cent words help a bit too, if you've got a stubborn but slow-witted sales clerk to battle; run circles 'round 'em! ;)

I would be willling to pay someone $25 with paypal if they could pick one of these up for me. My subscription comes up in October and my Toys R' Us was out. Much thanks in advance if anyone could do this for me.

No 12 mo. cards or kits at my nearest TRU. But, I picked up the last two 3 mo. kits with the headset and demos for $9.99 each. At least that gets me through til Christmas and my bro needed a headset and to hook up his original Xbox anyway.

Thanks OP.

awesome, works directly on xbox 360, no hassles.
been playing PDZ online the whole night ...

gonna pick up more tomorrow, the one near me had a bunch left

Are the $19.99 cards in a clear plastic case with a black pouch at the bottom of it? Cause Ive never seen them at my TRU. The Sears by me had a few of these but they were $49.99. So I picked up the Crimson Skies package for $29.99 at Sears. I wanted to add another year with the $19.99 card .So if these are the rite cards what are the chances Sears would pricematch someones receipt from TRU that they posted on here?

bread's done
Back