Xbox Live 12 Month Cards, 19.95 at toys r us

monkeymanx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at my local Toys R Us today to see what they had for those recent markdowns and saw that they had the 12 month live cards for 19.95 and also the 3 month starters for 9.95. I'm not sure if the Original XBL 12 Month cards work with 360, I assume they should, so this could be a great deal. I didn't see this posted in the forums so I thought I would bring it to light. May be a YMMV but I wouldn't think so since it would seem to be a product that they are trying to move out.

[quote name='TimPV3']Alternatively, Target has the 12 month kit with headset + Tetris Worlds clearanced for $35[/QUOTE]

I was just wondering if Target had some kind of clearance associated with this.

[quote name='goldeneye64']Are the $19.99 cards in a clear plastic case with a black pouch at the bottom of it? Cause Ive never seen them at my TRU. The Sears by me had a few of these but they were $49.99. So I picked up the Crimson Skies package for $29.99 at Sears. I wanted to add another year with the $19.99 card .So if these are the rite cards what are the chances Sears would pricematch someones receipt from TRU that they posted on here?[/quote]

xbl12mo.jpg

hope that clears this up a little for some of you!

[quote name='allyourblood'] hope that clears this up a little for some of you![/quote]
What will clear it up is the SKN # from the receipt, just for S&G's, so we know what to look for if they have to check via SKN #.

[quote name='shrike4242']What will clear it up is the SKN # from the receipt, just for S&G's, so we know what to look for if they have to check via SKN #.[/quote]
well, really most people just wanted to know what it looked like, as it was obvious that many people were trying to buy the 360-styled card. also, TRU can look it up using the UPC from the receipt scan i posted back in post #23 (UPC is 805529511170, by the way). lastly, the SKN is 090339. now, let's put that hooker to sleep! ;)

[quote name='allyourblood']well, really most people just wanted to know what it looked like, as it was obvious that many people were trying to buy the 360-styled card. also, TRU can look it up using the UPC from the receipt scan i posted back in post #23 (UPC is 805529511170, by the way). lastly, the SKN is 090339. now, let's put that hooker to sleep! ;)[/quote] TRU never likes looking it up via UPC, though they'll do it as needed. They'll prefer to look it up via SKN #, which is why I was asking for it.

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.

And with that, it just saved me driving all over the area, since I was told that no one had any in stock. :bomb: Well, fuck, that's annoying. Guess no luck for me on that one. Oh well.

[quote name='shrike4242']TRU never likes looking it up via UPC, though they'll do it as needed. They'll prefer to look it up via SKN #, which is why I was asking for it.

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.

And with that, it just saved me driving all over the area, since I was told that no one had any in stock. :bomb: Well, fuck, that's annoying. Guess no luck for me on that one. Oh well.[/quote]

i had the 1st TRU i went to call the second. the second stated that they had no more cards. later the next day, i went in and they had a few sitting out in plain view. didn't mean much to me by then, since i'd spent some time getting Sears to price-match.

if your TRU guys are cool, they actually checked and gave you an honest answer. if not, there's probably a brand-fresh row of cards hanging up with no one to buy them. not that i recommend driving out to each one; just that, from my experience, someone might just be BS'ing to get off the phone.

[quote name='allyourblood']i had the 1st TRU i went to call the second. the second stated that they had no more cards. later the next day, i went in and they had a few sitting out in plain view. didn't mean much to me by then, since i'd spent some time getting Sears to price-match.

if your TRU guys are cool, they actually checked and gave you an honest answer. if not, there's probably a brand-fresh row of cards hanging up with no one to buy them. not that i recommend driving out to each one; just that, from my experience, someone might just be BS'ing to get off the phone.[/quote]
The rep I spoke with on the phone was at Customer Service instead of the RZone, since that would cut down on the knowledge of what they were and their perceived value. She read off the correct description, and went through the other stores one at a time, saying none were in stock. I also double-checked it at another TRU and it came up the same way there.

I'll swing by one on the way home and have them check in-person and see if I get the same result, since there's one on the way home that isn't out of the way at all.

Yay I finally found some. For those who live in the bay area, CA. The winchester branch in san jose does not have any nor does the redwood city one.

i am picking up 2 tomorrow for another guy on here. PM me by tonight if you need some, I will charge 25 each. add $1 each card for paypal.

btw, i am not shipping these out, i will aim/email you the code. so you dont get the pouch, unless you want to pick it up.

thanks.

HEY!

not sure if it has been mentioned, but I got a Starter Kit with Crimson Skies for $29.99 at my local TRU. It had no clearance marking or anything, it just rang up for that price.

The question is-- can I pricematch my receipt at other stores? If someone can please let me know quickly, I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

[quote name='diablofreak']
btw, i am not shipping these out, i will aim/email you the code. so you dont get the pouch, unless you want to pick it up.[/quote]
NOOOOOO!!!! the sweet POUCH!!! it's for your Communicator, which i took to mean mouth. i'm wearing it over my face right now. quite comfortable, actually.

[quote name='allyourblood']NOOOOOO!!!! the sweet POUCH!!! it's for your Communicator, which i took to mean mouth. i'm wearing it over my face right now. quite comfortable, actually.[/QUOTE]

a 360 controller fits in it too.

and so it begins....

I picked up one card for $20 from another TRU. Got a lucky price match at Sears--the receipt just said Xbox Live 12 months, so I matched it to some 360 gold cards. I now have Xbox Live till June 2009 (adding on to other years.)

Along with that, I now have a receipt from Sears for Xbox 360 Gold cards for $20 :shock: this could be useful....

[quote name='Apossum']and so it begins....

I picked up one card for $20 from another TRU. Got a lucky price match at Sears--the receipt just said Xbox Live 12 months, so I matched it to some 360 gold cards. I now have Xbox Live till June 2009 (adding on to other years.)

Along with that, I now have a receipt from Sears for Xbox 360 Gold cards for $20 :shock: this could be useful....[/QUOTE]

:shock: I wonder if I should try that...although I'm also already set 'till 2009 so I know I can't stack anymore, but I could grab one for my brother as an early christmas gift.

er, wait, they're for $16, because of 10% off the difference :lol:

they say "price match" on them, but I suppose I could try using it anyway at places like Wal-Mart...or other Sears stores.

Picked up a box w/ 12 month sub + Crimson Skies + headset for $29.99 today at a Pittsburgh TRU. Last box & they were already out of individual cards.

[quote name='Apossum']er, wait, they're for $16, because of 10% off the difference :lol:

they say "price match" on them, but I suppose I could try using it anyway at places like Wal-Mart...or other Sears stores.[/quote]

mine said $16 too. excuse my slowness and poor math skills but wouldn't a price match be (roughly): $20 - 10% = $18?. where's that magical dollar coming off from? i'm not complaining, as noted in my previous posts, but i just found it odd. is their regular price $30? 'cause i thought it was $50. hrm...

Damn it, I saw this deal before it was posted, but was too lazy to confirm. I also lacked sufficient funds at the time. Due to sloth, I lost out on two individual cards but Providence led to me nabbing the Crimson Skies Package so whatever.

[quote name='seanr1221']a 360 controller fits in it too.[/quote]
really? so now i have plenty bags for my controllers. which is more than enough since i have only 2 wireless xbox and 1 xbox360 wireless, i plan on getting one more... but i doubt i'll use it much

i bought the last bunch from my TRU for people who have PM'ed me, the lady thinks I'm crazy but had a shocked look when it scanned at $20. lol. sadly its not enough to fulfill requests, so I will sell them in the order in which people have PMed me. if you did PM me and I did get one for you, please respond by either saying you still want it or not. and sorry if you PM'ed me but i didn't get one for you.

[quote name='crazynater']I was just wondering if Target had some kind of clearance associated with this.[/QUOTE]I wasn't even aware we carried it, I was told all the original Xbox stuff was more or less cleared out and just the other day I noticed 3 of them stacked next to a dozen GBA THUG's in toys.

Most of the people I PMed about the cards backed out or got them from elsewhere, so I still have a couple of 12-Month Xbox Live Cards left for other CAGs. PM me if you still need one. $25 cash or money order or $26 PayPal (to cover PP fees). That will let me break even considering gas here is going for $3.40 a gallon.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Most of the people I PMed about the cards backed out or got them from elsewhere, so I still have a couple of 12-Month Xbox Live Cards left for other CAGs. PM me if you still need one. $25 cash or money order or $26 PayPal (to cover PP fees). That will let me break even considering gas here is going for $3.40 a gallon.[/quote]

PM'ed

I got a few left also. If anyone can't get them from other CAGer's let me know. $25 cash or money order or $26 Paypal (like GunstarRed). Just PM me.

Edit: Gone.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Most of the people I PMed about the cards backed out or got them from elsewhere, so I still have a couple of 12-Month Xbox Live Cards left for other CAGs. PM me if you still need one. $25 cash or money order or $26 PayPal (to cover PP fees). That will let me break even considering gas here is going for $3.40 a gallon.[/QUOTE]
PM'd GunstarRed

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm sure this gets asked all the time, but can you stack these... lets say 3 for 3 years?

I'll be checking my store tommorow.[/QUOTE]

Yep I'm good untill 2009.

[quote name='generalpatton71']Yep I'm good untill 2009.[/quote]

Ditto.
I used "only" 2 cards. So I don't know if you can stack 3 cards or more.

I'll be paying anyone via Paypal for whoever can get me one for the $26 price since I need it for my 360. as soon as anyone has one available, please PM me and I can pay immediatly.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Most of the people I PMed about the cards backed out or got them from elsewhere, so I still have a couple of 12-Month Xbox Live Cards left for other CAGs. PM me if you still need one. $25 cash or money order or $26 PayPal (to cover PP fees). That will let me break even considering gas here is going for $3.40 a gallon.[/quote]

PM'd Gunstar

[quote name='Daring']I'll part with $30 paypal bucks for a 12 month xbox live sub.
PM me if you can do it.[/QUOTE]

do you still need a 12 month xbox live ?

I do not need $30 for it. I am looking for $26 paypal for one. I can only take noncredit card paypal.

-gary

bread's done
Back