Xbox Live 12-Month Gold $39.99 + Free CoD:BO Zombie Hat

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Right now on the spotlight section of the dashboard they're offering 20% off 12-Month's of gold for $39.99 with a free Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombie Hat for your avatar. You can also get 25% off 24-Months for $74.99 with the free hat as well. Basically the same concept as the Halo: Reach dashboard deal but $39.99 instead of $29.99. A good deal if you missed the last one and want a zombie hat.

Don't you end up giving XBL permission to charge your CC for the following year at $59.99? There's a asterix next to promotions like this.*

I'll never let Microsoft have my CC info again. It took them 3 months just to remove it last time. My friend got his gamertag hacked and he got charged $150 from Microsoft. So yeah...

[quote name='100xp']Don't you end up giving XBL permission to charge your CC for the following year at $59.99? There's a asterix next to promotions like this.*[/QUOTE]

I've been told it's extremely easy to remove your CC info before being auto-renewed. I have to wait until they charge me for the 2 1 month's + Reach helmet I purchased though, it better not charge me extra.

Its easy removing extra cc's but it doesnt let you remove that last one.
Which is whats happening to me, my cc is expired and still unremovable.
Also paypal is accepted on the xbox site, so use the site to add point then buy stuff on your 360

[quote name='100xp']Don't you end up giving XBL permission to charge your CC for the following year at $59.99? There's a asterix next to promotions like this.*[/QUOTE]

No, and that has never been in the small print of a deal like this.

[quote name='Razen']Its easy removing extra cc's but it doesnt let you remove that last one.
Also paypal is accepted on the xbox site, so use the site to add point then buy stuff on your 360[/QUOTE]

I know plenty of people that were able to remove all of their credit card info.

Dig the percent discount but giving these avatar items for "free" is just dumb.

I dressed him up when the avatars first launched and havent touched it since. I could care less what it looks like.

[quote name='Ryan0991']I know plenty of people that were able to remove all of their credit card info.[/QUOTE]
It used to be a big problem that it was just about impossible to remove a credit card from the XBOX.

Now, all of that has changed and all you need to do is go to the XBOX site and remove it. It's really simple and takes two minutes, I've done it before.

But if you're locked into some contract with them like the two year deal or if it is an active Gold account then you won't be able to. Just turn off auto-renew and when it turns silver you need to remove the card.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=934510&lcid=1033&category=live

Hmmm I wonder if I should just do this deal... I'm pretty sure that Zombie hat came with Halo Reach if you ordered it. I'm pretty sure my friend has it and I have the code still for it. So, I wouldn't gain anything from that.

Wish I had jumped on that 2 year plus 1600 point deal but sadly I had no cash, I'll wait and see if something better comes along before I have to renew.

i keep getting error codes for every promotion that shows up. ive even tried different credit cards.
i think im gonna just have to buy a physical card and not get a zombie hat :(

Can someone please explain to me why Xbox Live cost money and Psn is free?

I used to own a Ps3 and to play online was free. My subscription for Xbox just ran out and I don;t feel it's worth the money to play multiplayer. So I think I may just sell this Xbox and get a Ps3 again.

[quote name='Retrospect Hero']I did the promotion during the halo reach avatar helmet thing ... anybody even get the code for it yet?[/QUOTE]

nope.

176480924.jpg
176481021.jpg

Stolen from: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2352

[quote name='tears2040']Can someone please explain to me why Xbox Live cost money and Psn is free?[/QUOTE]It's simply different marketing strategies.

There, another Live vs PSN debate prevented. :cool:

[quote name='Razen']Its easy removing extra cc's but it doesnt let you remove that last one.
Also paypal is accepted on the xbox site, so use the site to add point then buy stuff on your 360[/QUOTE]

It's not so much about removing the CCs on file but just shutting OFF the auto-renewal option.

I currently have NO auto-renew set although I do have a card on file that let's me purchase MS points. I've used it just only a few times for sub-1000 points usually. There was a previous card I had used that expired and I just added a different one.

Still my auto-renew is OFF. I've reverted to Silver a few times after using 1-month cards. I've used pre-paid points cards (Amazon purchase) and I've encountered no issues with the CCs I have on file.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's simply different marketing strategies.

There, another Live vs PSN debate prevented. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a lawyer from Microsoft. Point is I know the original Xbox was a paid subscription and no one can deny that it's a good service, but when PSN is free providing at least the same multiplayer content then that's the problem.

Personally multiplayer online should be free just like Playstation. When I owned a Ps3 and 360 , Call of duty was basically the same on both systems. All I want to know is if I only play online multiplayer what advantage does XBOX LIVE have over PSN?

I know PSN is free so that reason a lone might be the push to sell my Xbox 360 and go with Ps3 again.

[quote name='tears2040']Spoken like a lawyer from Microsoft. Point is I know the original Xbox was a paid subscription and no one can deny that it's a good service, but when PSN is free providing at least the same multiplayer content then that's the problem.

Personally multiplayer online should be free just like Playstation. When I owned a Ps3 and 360 , Call of duty was basically the same on both systems. All I want to know is if I only play online multiplayer what advantage does XBOX LIVE have over PSN?

I know PSN is free so that reason a lone might be the push to sell my Xbox 360 and go with Ps3 again.[/QUOTE]

PSN is not equal, more people on live have headsets which they can also use with a 8 way party system, the store updates every day, Netflix is far superior (as of now), updates and downloads don't take forever, so on.

I agree that PSN is a functional substitute to XBL but in no way is it equal.

I saw this on CAG today and I've been checking my dash...I'm still not being offered anything. I wasn't offered the last deal either. I suspect this is because I've been a member since the beta testing days and it's starting to feel like a DirectTv type of thing (longer you've been a member, the less stuff you get when you re-up). I think I'm going to try calling the customer support on this one tomorrow and see where that leads. If push comes to shove, I'll just buy a year from buy.com or any other retailer that is selling for 39.99.

[quote name='Ratfoot']PSN is not equal, more people on live have headsets which they can also use with a 8 way party system, the store updates every day, Netflix is far superior (as of now), updates and downloads don't take forever, so on.

I agree that PSN is a functional substitute to XBL but in no way is it equal.[/QUOTE]

Yes I will agree that Xbox Live is faster on Downloads and updates faster. + I really did hate having to wait to install a demo or a game on Ps3....

Now the headsets is something I don't care about as I must people anyways....

So Xbox live downloads faster, updates more frequent but overall multiplayer wise is the same thing..... I don't know man I don't feel like paying those guys $49.99 when I can use that to buy a new game....

Question, I just redeemed a code today that I got from Amazon for 39.54. I turn on my xbox, and I see this offer on my dash. If I accept it, when will I be charged? Since my current membership is over on the 27th, the prepaid card hasn't kicked in yet. Will they charge me for this coming year, or keep the payment details for next time I have to renew (2011)

[quote name='Biggquis']Question, I just redeemed a code today that I got from Amazon for 39.54. I turn on my xbox, and I see this offer on my dash. If I accept it, when will I be charged? Since my current membership is over on the 27th, the prepaid card hasn't kicked in yet. Will they charge me for this coming year, or keep the payment details for next time I have to renew (2011)[/QUOTE]

I do believe you will be charged now, and the Xbox deal will be put to the end of your current membership (so you will be good for 2012 and get charged now).

[quote name='Biggquis']Question, I just redeemed a code today that I got from Amazon for 39.54. I turn on my xbox, and I see this offer on my dash. If I accept it, when will I be charged? Since my current membership is over on the 27th, the prepaid card hasn't kicked in yet. Will they charge me for this coming year, or keep the payment details for next time I have to renew (2011)[/QUOTE]

Take a look at your 'Account Management' through the dashboard.

You say that the redeemed card hasn't "kicked in" but you should note that the END DATE of your current Gold should now reflect the added 12(?) months.

As for this current offer, I see it on my dashboard as well.

The very fine print states that Your card will be charged only after your current subscription expires.

Since you have already redeemed the pre-paid card from Amazon, that along with your partial month (thru the 27th) constitutes your current subscription.

I would assume that you'll be charged $39.99 NEXT year -- after the pre-paid card expires.

[quote name='Mastastic']I saw this on CAG today and I've been checking my dash...I'm still not being offered anything. I wasn't offered the last deal either. I suspect this is because I've been a member since the beta testing days and it's starting to feel like a DirectTv type of thing (longer you've been a member, the less stuff you get when you re-up). I think I'm going to try calling the customer support on this one tomorrow and see where that leads. If push comes to shove, I'll just buy a year from buy.com or any other retailer that is selling for 39.99.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I haven't seen any of these offers either.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Take a look at your 'Account Management' through the dashboard.

You say that the redeemed card hasn't "kicked in" but you should note that the END DATE of your current Gold should now reflect the added 12(?) months.

The very fine print states that Your card will be charged only after your current subscription expires.

Since you have already redeemed the pre-paid card from Amazon, that along with your partial month (thru the 27th) constitutes your current subscription.

I would assume that you'll be charged $39.99 NEXT year -- after the pre-paid card expires.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot... it is as you say!! The account now shows that it will renew in 10/2011 for 39.99

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Take a look at your 'Account Management' through the dashboard.

I would assume that you'll be charged $39.99 NEXT year -- after the pre-paid card expires.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Thanks for clearing it up.

when i first saw this, i got excited thinking it would be a hat like the pre-order bonus from scribblenauts.

now i am le sad.

bread's done
Back