Xbox Live 12 month Gold Card $38.99 Free Shipping

I saw this in an e-mail that I got today. I noticed that in the e-mail, it says that this offer is going to expire today.

Here's a question, that I doubt anyone has the answer for. If I convert my gold to a Family Gold membership, and then add another regular gold membership after the fact, would that add onto the Family Gold, and how many months would you get for it? Sort of a rhetorical question, but I'd sure like to know the answer.

I would think that they wouldn't allow you to combine a single subscription to a family subscription, since they are two separate subscriptions.

Is Buy.com a reputable site to purchase items from? I have never had any experience with them so wanted to see what your thoughts on them were.

[quote name='Ray072']Is Buy.com a reputable site to purchase items from? I have never had any experience with them so wanted to see what your guys thoughts on them were.[/QUOTE]

Yes they're fine.

Yeah, I've dealt with Buy.com for years and years and have yet to have a problem with them.

I read that if you have the Master Account on that Family GOLD pack you get $5 per each month of Gold you currently have. The other members you add to the account will only credit you half that, so $2.50 per month.

SO if you get this and add it to the master account then buy the Family Pack you'll be getting $60 off, so its a good idea. Essentially netting you $20 at the end.

[quote name='MaxPower2']I read that if you have the Master Account on that Family GOLD pack you get $5 per each month of Gold you currently have. The other members you add to the account will only credit you half that, so $2.50 per month.

SO if you get this and add it to the master account then buy the Family Pack you'll be getting $60 off, so its a good idea. Essentially netting you $20 at the end.[/QUOTE]

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLive/FamilyPackFAQ

Very confusing but from my understand:

1. The account that signs up for the Family pack will be refunded up to 20 months of Xbox Gold. The rest will be forfeited. (Basically 20 months = Free upgrade to the family gold membership)

2. All Family membership xbox membership will be extend by 1 month for every 2 months on the other 3 accounts (That's my understand in the FAQ) up to 72 months because you can only have a max of 3 years (Doesn't make sense because 36 + 12 equals 48). The rest will be forfeited.

I guess in the end it's still worth changing your account to a family but would be nice if they mentioned some of these details in the main email they sent out.

And it appears you need to recover or move via usb/memory card all LIVE gamertags to ONE console before converting to Family Gold so it can figure everything out when doing the upgrade. After the upgrade/conversion, you can recover or move back to your regular console of choice.

I personally don't know of any family that has three or four gold accounts that only has one Xbox in the house, so thought I'd remind everybody about this.

Hmm interesting. I have 3 xbox's in my household now, and while a Family Plan makes sense at first, what happens later on when your subscription runs out? You have to then purchase each additional year at $99, and all those good deals for subscription cards wouldn't matter because it doesnt seem like you can redeem them on your family account?

Once you are IN the family plan, you are all credit card payment, at the then current price at time of renewal. So it makes the most sense for families with at least 3 active gold users. I doubt they will offer a "physical/retail" msrp $100 family gold plan card, but you never know.

When I went to upgrade via the console just to see what it looked like, it basically said that I would receive $70 credit towards the 99.99 charge, but made no mention of the plan being extended past the standard 12 months due to my wife's 13 months remaining on her LIVE account.

I think I'll hold off on converting for now, just doesn't seem worth it at the moment to switch from two gold accounts.

I just checked the ad recently and looks like they raised the price up some and put a $2.99 shipping.

The conversion to Family Plan thing is way, way confusing. I don't even understand what half of you are saying. Also I was presuming there would be retail Family Plan gold subscription cards and thus deals. if there aren't going to be any I'm less sure about the whole idea. Yes it would make sense to go with the Family Plan versus 3 Gold accounts (one for me and one for each of my kids - my wife doesn't play video games), but right now I'm paying only for mine because buying gold for my kids was completely out of the question. I was going to pony up for this Family plan, but $100 is still way too much to pay per year, regardless of how many accounts it gets us. My kids will just have to stay SOL.

[quote name='Ray072']Is Buy.com a reputable site to purchase items from? I have never had any experience with them so wanted to see what your thoughts on them were.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you are good to go

bread's done
Back