xbox live 12 month gold card for $34.99 at Amazon

Actually, don't click your gamer tag, click on the green down arrow-ish thingy just to right of that, attached to a box that says "My Xbox", and select "My Account" from the menu. That will show your account status and end date.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Is there a way to check when your Gold time expires?[/QUOTE]Go to My Xbox > Click on your profile > Manage account > Memberships then this should show you your membership date.

Edit: Already been addressed

In for one. Mine expires next month and think I paid $35 last year... soooo....

For 3 bucks a month it's worth it just for 1 vs 100...

I really wish the movie rentals were cheaper though. I've done a couple and they look good but $5? Come on.. Redbox is a buck!

@ Apostle22.... there is something about your avatar I find appealing. I can't quite put my finger on it...

got one, but it only rang up at $24.99, there was another $10 discount applied that I got from buying a game for my brother at xmass.

I bought this but then decided to cancel my order based on people posting that it can be had for even lower. My subscription isn't up until next December so I figure I'll wait for a better deal.

From Amazon's website:
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

I've seen Amazon lower the price on it a few months ago and then again about a year ago. Its a common thing for them to lower it. I have about 2 1/2 months left on mine, will wait til mid next month probably. I wish games still came with the 2-month free cards like they did in the old days, I remember cracking open Rainbow six (forget the actual one) around 2004ish and it having a 12-month card. They had a promotion for it so people would buy it. Well I also ended up "taking without asking" some from blockbuster and gamestop because they would just leave them in the show case. Got about 3 free 12-months that way but gave them to friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WhiskyBR']In for one. Mine expires next month and think I paid $35 last year... soooo....

For 3 bucks a month it's worth it just for 1 vs 100...

I really wish the movie rentals were cheaper though. I've done a couple and they look good but $5? Come on.. Redbox is a buck!

@ Apostle22.... there is something about your avatar I find appealing. I can't quite put my finger on it...[/QUOTE]

Haha, my girlfriend always tells me I over pay for movies on xbox live. I don't have redbox in my area but she does and always brings it up.

Screw it, I'm in. It is better than paying $8 or so, so that I can stay on Xbox live before my subscription dies.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='azngtlman']If you're not at home you can always check at xboxlive.com. Log in, click on your gamer tag in the top right and manage your way to your account. Click on membership level and it'll show when your gold expires.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='llNorcalSharkll']Go to My Xbox > Click on your profile > Manage account > Memberships then this should show you your membership date.

Edit: Already been addressed[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Big Wang']i don't know why people are creaming all over this. You can routinely get 4000 points on ebay for lower than $40[/QUOTE]
The irritable phase of deal addiction.
I picked some up with Amazon credit.

[quote name='Big Wang']i don't know why people are creaming all over this. You can routinely get 4000 points on ebay for lower than $40[/QUOTE]
Wrong thread?

[quote name='tim44']The irritable phase of deal addiction.
I picked some up with Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

lol, I did a quick "completed listings" search of 4000 MS points on eBay and couldn't find a single auction on the first page that went for less than $40 shipped. There were several that sold on Buy It Now for b/w $40-$42, but the only problem is that they're snatched up very quickly.

Thanks, I had seen the 4000 point deal yesterday but wasn't aware of the $35 12-month deal. Got paid today so I bought both.

[quote name='SpaceboyKev']Mine is up March 1st. Should I jump on this or does someone think there'll be a $30 deal before then?[/QUOTE]

I know some people have said that the $30 is a regular occurrence, but according to camelcamelcamel.com, $35 is the lowest price the site has ever seen for this particular card. They've tracked this URL since last September (the $30 deals people have mentioned probably came from 12 month cards w/ diff product IDs), but if your subscription expires in less than 2 months I wouldn't risk missing out on this deal.

[quote name='csmason1']I know some people have said that the $30 is a regular occurrence, but according to camelcamelcamel.com, $35 is the lowest price the site has ever seen for this particular card. They've tracked this URL since last September (the $30 deals people have mentioned probably came from 12 month cards w/ diff product IDs), but if your subscription expires in less than 2 months I wouldn't risk missing out on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Same. I've never seen it cheaper than $35

$35 is a good deal, so I got one since my Live subscription just expired. But I'd rather be buying Persona 4 (down to $31) for the money.

[quote name='csmason1']I know some people have said that the $30 is a regular occurrence, but according to camelcamelcamel.com, $35 is the lowest price the site has ever seen for this particular card. They've tracked this URL since last September (the $30 deals people have mentioned probably came from 12 month cards w/ diff product IDs), but if your subscription expires in less than 2 months I wouldn't risk missing out on this deal.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it tracked the 12+1 month live gold card?

It looks like they ran out. I hope this doesn't end up like the 360 controllers with the PC adaptor where they promised they'd get more in, and then just randomly changed it to "who the hell knows?" Granted, I'd expect these things are easier to come by than the controllers w/ PC adaptor are.

In any case, I've now got two items in order limbo waiting on Amazon to hurry the hell up and stock them -_-

[quote name='Warlock82']It looks like they ran out. I hope this doesn't end up like the 360 controllers with the PC adaptor where they promised they'd get more in, and then just randomly changed it to "who the hell knows?" Granted, I'd expect these things are easier to come by than the controllers w/ PC adaptor are.

In any case, I've now got two items in order limbo waiting on Amazon to hurry the hell up and stock them -_-[/QUOTE]

It shows in stock for me. I just ordered one.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']It shows in stock for me. I just ordered one.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's showing that it'll be in stock on the 8th of this month. I'm in for one as my subscription expires at the end of next month. Thanks!

[quote name='LetsGoPens63']Yeah, it's showing that it'll be in stock on the 8th of this month. I'm in for one as my subscription expires at the end of next month. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Right, but the controller showed "In stock on January 4th" and then when that rolled around, they switched to "Out of Stock" and my existing order went from "Expected delivery of January 6th" to "we don't have a clue" :p

But actually I just got an update on both orders last night and Amazon expects a delivery date of the 13th for both now (this is with Prime free 2-day shipping).

Correction! I just got my cashback statement and I rec'd $5.25 off! As such, I paid $29.75 with free site-to-store s&h. Best deal I'm going to find in the next month!

Thanks just bought one from amazon. Says in stock on 1/10/10. Hopefully i'll get it fast since my sub ends on 1/15/10. haha might have to scrounge up some 24 hour codes if not.

Thanks OP. Mine's expiring in the next few months; this is prolly as cheap as we'll see these cards for awhile.

Amazon sure is taking their sweet time to ship this stuff. At least they arent Best Buy; when I ordered from BB last year during a crazy deal, they ran out. I waited a month, and decided to cancel my order... a day later they email me telling me they wont be selling the product any longer or something. They dont refund my money, something about it being "over 30 days". Who knows. I tried to fight them on it, but it was an annoying process I didn't care for.

I know Amazon wont betray me

[quote name='McNutsack']Amazon sure is taking their sweet time to ship this stuff. At least they arent Best Buy; when I ordered from BB last year during a crazy deal, they ran out. I waited a month, and decided to cancel my order... a day later they email me telling me they wont be selling the product any longer or something. They dont refund my money, something about it being "over 30 days". Who knows. I tried to fight them on it, but it was an annoying process I didn't care for.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']So...you just let them steal like $30-$40 from you??? lol...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a little crazy.

In any case, mine is shipping right now, but I ordered on the first day. I blame the fact that this thing reached sites like Kotaku for the shortage.

[quote name='McNutsack']Amazon sure is taking their sweet time to ship this stuff. At least they arent Best Buy; when I ordered from BB last year during a crazy deal, they ran out. I waited a month, and decided to cancel my order... a day later they email me telling me they wont be selling the product any longer or something. They dont refund my money, something about it being "over 30 days". Who knows. I tried to fight them on it, but it was an annoying process I didn't care for.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']got an email saying that it has shipped... why couldn't this be an instant download code like their points...[/QUOTE]
You bought the physical card. They offer physical cards for points and Xbox Live cards that are often discounted. The instant purchase codes usually aren't discounted.

bread's done
Back