Xbox Live 12-Month Starter Kit - $39.99 Shipped -Official Woot Deal of the Day Thread

btw1217

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I decided to make a thread to post the [sometimes] good deals that Woot.com has. If this thread proves to be useful, I'll try to update every night. Bumps are encouraged!

For those who aren't familiar with it, Woot.com is a website that sells one item every 24 hours, starting at midnight Central Time, at a usually excellent discount. Shipping is always $5. Good items usually sell out within an hour or two, before most people wake up, so dedicated "wooters" stay up every night to see what's going to be on sale. When they sell out, if you go to their website, all you see is a big yellow button with "Sold Out" written on it until the next woot item.

During a "woot-off", instead of one new item every 24-hours, there's a new item everytime the previous one is sold out. This continues until they decide to stop it - could be one day, could be the whole weekend.

Deal of the Day:

www.woot.com

Xbox Live 12-Month Starter Kit
$34.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: New
Product(s): 1 Xbox Live 12-month starter kit with headset and Crimson Skies game

Xbox Live Accepts You, One Of Us
Your lonely little Xbox is about to make some new friends. What we have here, gentlemen and gentlemen, is a subscription for twelve – count ‘em – twelve months of action in the boundless Xbox Live universe. (Yes, you lucky bastards with an Xbox 360 can redeem it for 12 months of Gold Service, too.) Not only will you be able to first-person-shoot strangers from around the globe without fear of prison time, but your monthly member service update will keep you, well, updated on scoreboards and tournaments and what-have-you. This deal will carry you straight through to the end of aught-six, at which point you’ll be so hooked on it you’ll put your extra kidney on eBay to pay for another year of membership.

And just so you don’t miss any racial slurs shouted by unsupervised pre-teens from Alabama, we’ve included the Xbox Communicator. This headset uses new technology to let you communicate the oldest-fashioned way, through the expressive power of the human voice. Just don’t run your mouth so much that you lose focus and get pwned – nobody ever talked a Covenant alien to death, dig?

(The Xbox Communicator doesn’t work with the Xbox 360, which is probably why we can get them so cheap. So no whining, hear?)

The final layer in this Xbox parfait is your very own copy of Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge. This sequel to the wildly popular Xbox original is set in the same Deco-fied ‘30s pulp world, complete with menacing airships, pirates of the sky, and a North America torn apart by warring factions. It also maintains the original game’s emphasis on shoot-’em-up action instead of painstaking flight simulation arcana, so you can put down the manual and start blowing stuff up. Unlike the original, though, High Road to Revenge is fully Xbox Live-enabled. This means that you and up to 16 friends and lovers can frolic in six different games on five different maps. And thanks to a wondrous graphics engine, it all looks as gorgeous as Jean Harlow or Dolores del Rio. (Ask your grandparents.)

Gratz, gimp! Now buff up and gank your way to glory!

We will be shipping this kit via FedEx Express Saver (2-3 day delivery) so that it will arrive in time for Christmas, barring unforeseen calamities.

Includes:

A 12-month subscription to Xbox Live gaming community
The Xbox Communicator headset (refurbished)

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge game for Xbox

Nice, my cousin was looking for one and this one looks good.

And thanks btw1217, I try to check woot everynight but I forget most of the time.

[quote name='DT778']Nice, my cousin was looking for one and this one looks good.

And thanks btw1217, I try to check woot everynight but I forget most of the time.[/QUOTE]

No problem!

I never knew about it until about two weeks ago. I found it to be pretty cool. It's interesting to see what the next deal will be every night. I just hope that some people find this thread to be useful, and I figured for those who already check it, it would be on CAG as well, in case they forget to check or just for the convenience of having it here with all the other deals on CAG.

Not a bad price at all. If I wouldn't have had to buy an IDE controller, I'd have probably bought it. That along with the 2MB cache was just barely enough to stop me.

I don't understand why this thread exists...Woot has its own forums and discussion threads, and it posts all relevent information. Unless you got some problem with the font or something wierd like that, you should just go there...

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']I don't understand why this thread exists...Woot has its own forums and discussion threads, and it posts all relevent information. Unless you got some problem with the font or something wierd like that, you should just go there...[/QUOTE]
I agree, because it's super convenient and fun to sign up for and check as many forums as possible.
Hell, why post stuff like news stories when you can get them directly from the AP? Why do we even have the internet? We should just use libraries, that has all the information we need, no need to recatalog all that info into one easy to use source.

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']I don't understand why this thread exists...Woot has its own forums and discussion threads, and it posts all relevent information. Unless you got some problem with the font or something wierd like that, you should just go there...[/QUOTE]

I was curious about that too... is it any somehow easier for one to find this thread instead of going to woot itself?

yeah, and woot's forums SUCK. it appears they are trying to crack down on thread crapping, but I trust absolutely no one there to give a reasoned discussion of the item and its value. Usually I hit up slickdeals if I want to learn more about an item, but the people around here are much more uniformly like me and more likely to provide useful commentary.

For example, just today, the discussion at slickdeals about woot’s Compaq offer was dominated by people who build their own systems…not what I’m interested in doing. I’m not a hardcore PC gamer, but am interested in good performance for the games I do play. Lots of people here are probably the same, unlike the wider web community. So, I value a CAGger’s opinion.

[quote name='geepgal']yeah, and woot's forums SUCK. it appears they are trying to crack down on thread crapping, but I trust absolutely no one there to give a reasoned discussion of the item and its value. Usually I hit up slickdeals if I want to learn more about an item, but the people around here are much more uniformly like me and more likely to provide useful commentary.

For example, just today, the discussion at slickdeals about woot’s Compaq offer was dominated by people who build their own systems…not what I’m interested in doing. I’m not a hardcore PC gamer, but am interested in good performance for the games I do play. Lots of people here are probably the same, unlike the wider web community. So, I value a CAGger’s opinion.[/QUOTE]
Dood, you dumb, look at all the quality posts about the product on Woot's forums.
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=361772
I mean, who wouldn't want to go there and read up instead of on CAG?

The woot forum goes hella slow when the new item shows up. Why? Cuz they all want to post "woot" "first page" "nothing for me" "i stayed up for this" and shit like that.

[quote name='Murcielago77']i cant even legally buy or use todays woot[/QUOTE]

Neither can I. Not only that, but they won't even ship it to my state. I don't even get a chance to lie about my age before I get refused!

The past three woots have sucked, but maybe it's just getting us ready for something good. I can only hope.

the only woot ive gotten, was that linksys 802.11b wireless card for my laptop, then like 3 weeks later it was back, but in a pack of 3, for like 5 bucks more :( but whatever. I tried to get in on the last bag of crap, i didnt get it, but it wasnt that good anyways, and then the last woot off was dissapointing.

I wasj ust about to post this, its a pretty damn good deal, but how can i get rid of the game and headset for money :? cus 40 for a 12 month card isnt THAT great

[quote name='Murcielago77']I wasj ust about to post this, its a pretty damn good deal, but how can i get rid of the game and headset for money :? cus 40 for a 12 month card isnt THAT great[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but its better than the $70 a kit usually costs or the $50 the 12 month card alone costs. Everyone can use an extra headset since they always break.

How do you make money off of refurbishing a headset?....Is there that much internal workings involved in one, or is this just a misprint?

bread's done
Back