XBox Live 12 Month Subscription

gbraide

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this was a special one of per customer deal or a regular deal they do, but my subscription to live lapsed at the start of the year and I didn't have the money at the time to renew it. I had some kind of grace period where I still had access to Gold features etc but my renewal date had passed. I then after a short period went to a silver subscription where a deal on the Spotlight section of live showed I could get a 12 month renewal at a saving of 20%, costing me £31.99. Cheaper than pretty much all the places I'd seen online, plus the code was instant

Has anyone else had this deal offered to them?

I know there are plenty of sites that advertise 12 months for probably £5 cheaper than this, I'm just a little cautious about them. I had a look on CAG and couldn't really find a recommended site. Who do you suggest?

As for 100% guaranteed, totally official, much cheaper than usual retailers and far more cheaper than what microsoft expects us to pay. It pays to hold out

[quote name='gbraide']Thanks! I'll try these in the future. How about a mspoints service?[/QUOTE]

Oop! My mistake. I just tried to buy from them as my sub is coming to an end, but seems that they've stopped service :(

Cheapxboxlivecodes.com however seem to be reputable [good things said on their facebook page] and I've just bought from them and assume it will all go smoothly. If not, then I shall share.

[quote name='munkymatt']I'd also recommend instantlivecode.com I've used them twice before and the service has always been great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as previously mentioned, it seems like they've stopped service now. As for my transaction with cheapxboxlivecodes.com - It didn't arrive immediately, but I think this was due to a hiccup with my email. Sent them an email, and managed to have it within an hour of first ordering. Testimonials suggest that people only have to wait 3/4 minutes. Happy with this :)

I've never bought these through stores, just automatically over LIVE. Might have to change that after seeing these great prices!

I hate how seemingly dodgy all these different company's websites are. I'm not saying they're not legitimate, but they make me feel like I'd be taking a risk. They need some classy web designers on their side, if they had some drop down flash menus they could be total frauds but do better business!

I really need to get around to picking one of these up, I'm currently paying though the £4.99 a month subscription system.

[quote name='Eugene Goat']Cheapxboxlivecodes.com however seem to be reputable [good things said on their facebook page] and I've just bought from them and assume it will all go smoothly. If not, then I shall share.[/QUOTE]

I second cheapxboxlivecodes.com, used them just after Christmas when my Gold ran out, very quick service and possibly the cheapest about to boot.

[quote name='Abaddon']I second cheapxboxlivecodes.com, used them just after Christmas when my Gold ran out, very quick service and possibly the cheapest about to boot.[/QUOTE]

I third. Good service when I've used them.

Does anyone actually still subscribe via credit card through Dashboard?!

Mine ended about a month ago, dunno whether to renew or not as I'll be playing a lot of FF13 offline

Guess i'll pick one of these up soon, my sub runs out on my birthday lol, good to see them cheaper than the £40 i payed last year :D

I think this thread has obviously shown that we all love a bargain and while it's good getting the games at great prices, these sites do seem too good to be true for first time buyers to put us off.

Thanks to everyone that has experience of these instant online codes to share their experience. I'd say your help has swayed me to look again next year. For too long I've been using my credit card to instant renew, I could have saved myself a fortune over the last 5 years or so on Live

bread's done
Back