Xbox Live 13 Month Subscription Card 42.99 or 32.99 with GCO.

hi, long time troller, first time posting. love the site. however, i had to add to this post.

i got my xbox live 13 month subscription card on ebay for 30 bucks. they range from 25-35 and there are a few sellers who constantly have them for sale. the card was delivered via key code via email within the day.

just an fyi and i hope it helps. thanks for the great site guys

[quote name='lvroolla99']hi, long time troller, first time posting. love the site. however, i had to add to this post.

i got my xbox live 13 month subscription card on ebay for 30 bucks. they range from 25-35 and there are a few sellers who constantly have them for sale. the card was delivered via key code via email within the day.

just an fyi and i hope it helps. thanks for the great site guys[/quote]
you gotta be careful about that if you are only getting a code. Ive heard of scams where fraudsters come in, sell a crapload of these things in a month, then disappear. Then it turns out the code was just for a free month and you have to pay for the year.
I saw one guy with 300 feedback after a month, all positive. Then you look back at people who left positives and see they replied saying they were scammed.

yea, i agree that scams can take place on ebay very easily.

however, when i registered the code, xblive specifically tells you if the code is good for the timeframe which was advertised. the seller i bought from does have a ton of positive feedbacks for a long period of time. seems she only sells 13 month codes. if anyone is interested, i will post her user name here.

i'm just reporting on my own positive experience and what i have seen. gl

be careful the 13 month cards are for new Live users. it will not work if your Gamertag has already signed up for live, gold or silver.

[quote name='Link127']be careful the 13 month cards are for new Live users. it will not work if your Gamertag has already signed up for live, gold or silver.[/quote]

No, sorry. These work. I've had my account since 2002 and the cards work fine. In fact, my subscription is good through 2009 because of them.

[quote name='Link127']be careful the 13 month cards are for new Live users. it will not work if your Gamertag has already signed up for live, gold or silver.[/quote]Not correct.

You don't get the +1 month for an existing account, otherwise they work as 12 month cards.

Some helpful information about the different types of XBL cards:
http://www.geocities.com/todd1623/goldcards.html

Yeah the Halo 3 Versions are only 39.99 and 29.99 after GCO. So since mine expires the end of next month i figured id bite, even though i have like 4 free 1 mo. card from various games. this way ill have like 17 mo. before i ahve to worry about it again.

I'm in the market for a Subscription card but am concerned about whether or not I can use the card to EXTEND my subscription (and not create a new one).

I've been hearing from both sides of the fence.

I don't see why you'd have to create a new account to use the card. The ony thing in limbo right now is the 1 extra month. That one month has always been a bit confusing, as I didn't get a 1 month card or anything with my Premium 360 and was told it's automatically attached to a new Xbox Live account.

Anyone else being offered a free mag subscription or rebate of $10? It would make an additional $10 off live deal but it rebate. You guys getting the mag or the rebate? im not sure if it works with GCO, if it does that'll be sweet deal $19.99 + tax

They ARE good for extending your account. The last time I used one of these, I'm pretty sure that it extended mine the full 13 months.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not correct.

You don't get the +1 month for an existing account, otherwise they work as 12 month cards.

Some helpful information about the different types of XBL cards:
http://www.geocities.com/todd1623/goldcards.html[/QUOTE]

I just entered in a 12+1 month card on about July 5th on my existing account I let lapse a few months ago. It now says I'm gold through August 08, so that is 13 months + the rest of July.

And FYI for everyone, according to one seller on ebay, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A YEAR LIVE CARD THAT IS ONLY GOOD FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS. That is supposedly how the scammers sell theirs to trick you.

[quote name='scottman']I just entered in a 12+1 month card on about July 5th on my existing account I let lapse a few months ago. It now says I'm gold through August 08, so that is 13 months + the rest of July.

And FYI for everyone, according to one seller on ebay, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A YEAR LIVE CARD THAT IS ONLY GOOD FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS. That is supposedly how the scammers sell theirs to trick you.[/quote]Good to hear it's giving the extra month for you. From what I was told from multiple sources, a 12+1 card wouldn't give the extra month on an existing account. As your account had lapsed, it may have not been considered to be an active account, and added in the extra month as a new account.

In any case, I know about the "new subscriber card" fiasco on eBay. I posted the link above so some people would know the differences about the bubble-pack cards and the non-bubble-pack cards.

[quote name='Silencer']I'm in the market for a Subscription card but am concerned about whether or not I can use the card to EXTEND my subscription (and not create a new one).

I've been hearing from both sides of the fence.[/quote]

if you buy from 90% of the scammers on ebay, you'll have to start a new account (gamertag) because the codes they sell haven't been properly activated, but thanks to a flaw in the system, these codes can still be used when new accounts are created. using them to try to renew an account produces an error. these sellers usually warn you though that you have to create a new account.

any card bought through a retailer will be good for new accounts or renewals. there is no such thing as a new-account-only card.

Can i stack these on top of my current subscription? I'm good until May 2008, but if i find a good deal on a 1, 3, 6, month or 1 year card i'll gladly pick it up.

Hmm every time I click to checkout with Google Checkout, the page just times out. Anyone else having this problem? I can't get broadband where I'm at right now, but I would like to have this card just in case broadband becomes available soon or if I want to take it over to my friends house.

I'm having trouble getting the $10 discount to appear, and yes this is my first purchase through Google CO. The GCO FAQ I looked at said it was supposed to automatically appear in the checkout page, but I don't see it.

EDIT: Finally got it to work. You have to sign up for GCO during checkout at Buy.com. I had originally just gone to the GCO site and signed up through that, so I went to my account settings, cancelled the account, and remade it while checking out for the card, and it worked.

[quote name='Ledhed']I'm having trouble getting the $10 discount to appear, and yes this is my first purchase through Google CO. The GCO FAQ I looked at said it was supposed to automatically appear in the checkout page, but I don't see it.[/quote] Yea, that's odd. It doesn't show up as 29.99 when I click on the google checkout page. Does anyone know if it shows up with the 10 dollars off on the next page?

[quote name='peril']if you buy from 90% of the scammers on ebay, you'll have to start a new account (gamertag) because the codes they sell haven't been properly activated, but thanks to a flaw in the system, these codes can still be used when new accounts are created. using them to try to renew an account produces an error. these sellers usually warn you though that you have to create a new account.

any card bought through a retailer will be good for new accounts or renewals. there is no such thing as a new-account-only card.[/quote]

thanks for clearing that one up for me. i wondered why after i bought one from an ebay seller it kept giving me an error for some reason. called MS and they said it was fine on their end. code only worked when i created a new account.

Just ordered one using my wifes info. Hope they don't cancel it since I got the $10 off! $30 for a year of Live is a steal. Thanks OP.

[quote name='jeremiahpreston']Dumb question, I'm new to Live, do the cards expire? I was going to pick up 2 and use one now and one in a year, will that work?[/quote]You can stack at least two years' worth of Live. Some people have said 3. Currently, I'm taken care of up to Dec 2008.

As of January of last year, I had 3 and a half years stacked (Now down to a total of 2 years left).

The highest I've seen is a 4 year stack on one of my friends. He has his through February 2010. He did it when he bought his 360 back in November 2005 and just bought a ton of 13 month cards. For a good price of course, I wouldn't want to spend 200 dollars on Live in one go.

There probably is a limit on how many you can stack, but know that you could add 4 years and a few months and be okay.

[quote name='shrike4242']Good to hear it's giving the extra month for you. From what I was told from multiple sources, a 12+1 card wouldn't give the extra month on an existing account. As your account had lapsed, it may have not been considered to be an active account, and added in the extra month as a new account.[/QUOTE]
Worked fine for me yesterday. My account was set to expire today and I couldn't find a good deal in time so I bought a card off the (probably one) reliable ebay seller, the guy who has the page about the scams actually. Now I'm good through August 18th 2008 (not sure where the extra day came from).

[quote name='jeremiahpreston']Dumb question, I'm new to Live, do the cards expire? I was going to pick up 2 and use one now and one in a year, will that work?[/QUOTE]

You can stack them like people said, but the prepaid cards in plastic DO HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE if you plan to stash them away without entering them yet.

bread's done
Back