Xbox Live Arcade explosion on eBay!

[quote name='tmly']Picked up Assault Heroes 2 from Akino for $6. Don't know how he does it but it's cheaper than a subway sandwich. Gonna get Metal Slug 3 next. Remember to use bing.com and get 8% back...yep I'm cheap.[/QUOTE]

That's why you gotta buy the special $5 dollar footlong. I'll probably start gathering some family game night titles since the wife only seems to want to play board games on the 360

So, some of you may remember eBay sellers
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='tmly']Picked up Assault Heroes 2 from Akino for $6. Don't know how he does it but it's cheaper than a subway sandwich. Gonna get Metal Slug 3 next. Remember to use bing.com and get 8% back...yep I'm cheap.[/QUOTE]

How is that done again? I forgot. I wanna get scrabble.

[quote name='funkydunkleman']Just sent in an order for two cards. Waiting for a response.

EDIT: Both worked perfectly! Took 29 minutes to get code.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'm going to purchase 2.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I'll probably start gathering some family game night titles since the wife only seems to want to play board games on the 360[/QUOTE]try out ticket to ride if you haven't already

[quote name='trent82']try out ticket to ride if you haven't already[/QUOTE]

I just got that the other day with my Amazon credit. Love it! I'm on a board game binge right now.

I ordered a game from him last night and am fairly disappointed I have not received it yet.

I would have thought 24 hours was more than enough time to get that to me :(

You realize the eBay "rule of thumb" is to give sellers up to 7 days to send things to you? Give it time. Don't be impatient. He'll get it to you.

Ordered two more 4000 point codes from kurhn_de (a.k.a. the German), since he dropped the price ($28.99) and since I had some money in my PayPal account already. He sent the codes in less than a minute. Dude is crazy.

And slugdub, I've waited almost 48 hours for a code from akino and others have had to wait several days. The dude's probably gotta take a break once in a while. :)

I hope he mixes up his inventory some time. There are several XBLA games that I'd buy if he had them.

[quote name='shafnitz']Ordered two more 4000 point codes from kurhn_de (a.k.a. the German), since he dropped the price ($28.99) and since I had some money in my PayPal account already. He sent the codes in less than a minute. Dude is crazy.

And slugdub, I've waited almost 48 hours for a code from akino and others have had to wait several days. The dude's probably gotta take a break once in a while. :)

I hope he mixes up his inventory some time. There are several XBLA games that I'd buy if he had them.[/QUOTE]

When did you buy the points? I find it weird that he's in Germany and that there's a paypal button in the listing itself. I see it's a classified ad so maybe that's why it looks different, never looked at one before. Also, it says there's no feedback for classified ad purchases. Seems iffy to me.

[quote name='dualedge2']You realize the eBay "rule of thumb" is to give sellers up to 7 days to send things to you? Give it time. Don't be impatient. He'll get it to you.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am an experienced ebayer. However, we aren't talking about the size of stick we are allowed to beat our wives with here. We are talking about an auction that clearly states:

"Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment."

That is part of the reason I bought the item. Also, others here have said they have gotten things quickly.

Pardon me for expecting to get what the auction states. Its not like the thing has to be boxed and mailed. Maybe he is on vacation.

Waiting on a code for Puzzle Fighter HD from akino. What's strange is that I received the codes for the other 4 games I bought that day within a few hours, but still nothing on that one.

Also just picked up 4000 points from the German. For reference, since someone mentioned it... the link in the auction does take you to PayPal. I was hesitant, but went through with it. Afterwards, I logged into PayPal the normal way and the transaction was there. So, it would certainly seem that, regardless of the source, the process is on the up and up.

EDIT - Hot damn, not a minute after the PayPal went through, I got an e-mail with the 4000 point code. Used it, worked perfectly. Awesome.

[quote name='SithFran']When did you buy the points? I find it weird that he's in Germany and that there's a paypal button in the listing itself. I see it's a classified ad so maybe that's why it looks different, never looked at one before. Also, it says there's no feedback for classified ad purchases. Seems iffy to me.[/QUOTE]
This is the fourth time I've purchased points from him. Classified ads on eBay are essentially like craigslist or something. eBay doesn't really have anything to do with the transaction. However, since you're paying with PayPal, you should be covered if something goes wrong. Either way, quite a few people on CAG have bought codes and live subs from him, and I haven't seen any complaints yet.

For those curious I read on ebay somewhere that it is now required to use a classified ad for "digital goods" and some people are considering the codes fall in this category.

I don't think there is supposed to be a direct paypal link in the ad though, you are supposed to contact them, technically.

I ordered 4000 ms points kurhn_de and got them within mins after I sent the order! Waiting on 2 games I ordered from Akino lastnight but I've ordered from him before and sometimes got them right aways and other times not as fast. But I always got what was ordered in the end.

Guys...I'm fairly certain these 4000 point codes are fraudulent...I know I bought one myself but I'm going to get any more.

Found a place where you can generate codes online and it's about 80% accurate. A thread going on at GTZ about it and sure enough it looks like these guys are generating codes and turning 100% profit. What it is funding I have no idea...

Before you are quick to flame me google it yourself and you will find the same things I found.

[quote name='djblue']^^
i checked and they are mostly all fake. Find one, and post it if it works[/QUOTE]

Dig deeper...I'm not about to post where I found em...not a very smart idea. The few I found both generated valid codes.

Those "German" classifieds are actually Chinese dudes and ebay/paypal has shut both of them down more than once which is why there are quite a few different sellers with the same deal etc.

Akino is probably away for the holiday weekend so everyone who buys a code this weekend shouldn't expect it soon.

[quote name='Outinthedark']A thread going on at GTZ[/QUOTE]

What/Where is GTZ?

**EDIT**

GTZ = Game Trading Zone? If so, the only thing I found there was speculation in a thread of some guy selling 12-Month Gold Subscriptions for $25 a piece. And the site owner said he was legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Outinthedark']Dig deeper...I'm not about to post where I found em...not a very smart idea. The few I found both generated valid codes.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, you must have some 1337 searching skills because the only results I've ever come up with are either programs containing viruses or where people think you are stupid and are going to enter your gamertag e-mail and password.

[quote name='iPhone']Akino is probably away for the holiday weekend so everyone who buys a code this weekend shouldn't expect it soon.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine last month :(

I can't remember which page on eBay I read this on but I saw a message that said "akino91783 is away until July 4th shipments may be delayed" or something of that nature. I'm right now waiting on codes for two games (R-Type and Lode Runner).

Bought Banjo Kazooie from akino last week, and he just issued me a refund last night, saying

"Sorry for the inconvenience and to keep you waiting but i can't get in contact with my supplier now so a refund will be sent within the next hour thanks again for your business ..... "

If the points were fake and what not wouldn't you think MS would have caught on by now? Tho a website specifically selling $30 codes now without much issues has to make me wonder.

BTW he has Worms 2 up now for $6

GO GO GO!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If the points were fake and what not wouldn't you think MS would have caught on by now? Tho a website specifically selling $30 codes now without much issues has to make me wonder.

GO GO GO![/QUOTE]

Jumped on the Worms 2 thanks for the heads up! First purchase from Akino hopefully I will be playing Worms 2 later today! :D

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If the points were fake and what not wouldn't you think MS would have caught on by now? Tho a website specifically selling $30 codes now without much issues has to make me wonder.

GO GO GO![/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks for the heads up on Worms 2, I was just going to end up getting a 4,000 MSP card soon and getting this and a couple other things, but since he had it I got it now.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']

GO GO GO![/QUOTE]

Damnit, I'm waiting for my bank to release the rest of my $

But he has 83 codes left so I should be fine if I waited for 2-3 more days...

[quote name='vlv723']Damnit, I'm waiting for my bank to release the rest of my $

But he has 83 codes left so I should be fine if I waited for 2-3 more days...[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to buy you one if you want to pay me the $6 later?

Would anyone like my Peggle code?

I bought it because it was cheap, thinking I would use it, but I'm trying to sell my 360 and figure I'd be better off getting rid of it.

PM me. thanks!

:edit: gone

Last edited by a moderator:
I jumped on Worms 2... hope it shows up. I bought Peggle from him a while ago and it came within an hour so I figured he was worth another go.

[quote name='tyrok3k']I can't remember which page on eBay I read this on but I saw a message that said "akino91783 is away until July 4th shipments may be delayed" or something of that nature. I'm right now waiting on codes for two games (R-Type and Lode Runner).[/QUOTE]

that would make sense because he sent me the game on the 4th.

Worms 2 now huh? I was dreaming and hoping he would get it.. but hopes were low since its so new.

Happy Day!

Oh and nobody buy N+ from him this week because its cheaper in the Marketplace right now (400 points... so leaves you 100 to play with)

haha people on gamefaqs don't even believe this is on there. they said it wouldn't happen because "worms doesn't have codes" but lo and behold nerds don't know everything.

i love this! now please show up :(

Just saw that I had my Worms 2 code and redeemed it. That wasn't a long wait at all compared to the last time, especially considering the holiday.

I asked him (akino) if he would put up Phantasy Star, worms 2 a few days ago... Probably he got a few requests and started to put worms up... wish PS II was up tho.

I doubt he will put up Phantasy Star II. That game is $5 and I don't see anything on his store thats less then $10 on the marketplace.

[quote name='tyrok3k']I doubt he will put up Phantasy Star II. That game is $5 and I don't see anything on his store thats less then $10 on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, probably.... I'd bite even if he/she would've taken $1 off... Well... Guess it's almost time to bug those 2 for battlefield.. and Magic the Gathering.

I should ask if they would also do DLC... I doubt their are places that sell DLC (and I've been up too long [4am atm] to check). 'Cept for XBOX Live webpage....

bread's done
Back