XBOX Live-College Hookup-It works, just forces me to test connection every time

Chris Dillon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Hate to make a topic but my questions is pretty much my topic. In my dorm we have ethernet ports so its simply plugged in, nothing wireless or anythign so its pretty simple. Anyway to stop it from forcing me to test connection every time.

I hope I understand your question...

At chicago I had a Cisco router hooked up @ home & I was having the same problem where I could not connect to live until I did a test connect.

even w/
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.200 3074 External IP 3074
ip nat inside source static udp 192.168.1.200 3074 External IP 3074
ip nat inside source static udp 192.168.1.200 88 External IP 88

it still would not fix the problem. it could be CBAC(context based access control) which analyze traffic to allow it to pass(sorta of like a jankass firewall). The "test connect" must send certain packets where the routers then allows traffic to Live.

Pretty much you are SOL @ school, no admin is gonna change this minor inconvenience. It sucks but you are gonna have to live w/ it. :/

I had a similar problem at my college which used the CISCO Clean Access Agent. I found out that we could register a network device with the Admin, I just had to give them my console MAC address and then they granted internet access to my console. Maybe you have something similar.

bread's done
Back