Xbox Live Compensation - Undertow Was Free 1/23-1/27

Why does it always have to go to two girls one cup. That shit is the sickest fucking thing I have ever seen.

[quote name='joe2187']And now for something comepletely random

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXJhSgvbn_Q[/quote]

Wait, is that going to be the game we get?

Seriously, if we get Joust or Hexic or some other crappy 2d game that MS will probably throw at us, i'll be pretty pissed. I rather just have 400 points deposited to me account or something, Also, haven't they given out Joust for free on many occasions? How do they expect to compensate those who have the games already?

[quote name='vrs1650']That shit is the sickest fucking thing I have ever seen.[/quote]

Clearly you've never been to 4chan.

[quote name='Malik112099']ok...i'll let the cat out of the bag.....we are all getting MGS4 as a XBLA download. there will be a secret code to unlock GT5 too[/QUOTE]
man, you've got it all wrong. It's golden eye

[quote name='vrs1650']Why does it always have to go to two girls one cup. That shit is the sickest fucking thing I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]
Clearly you've never seen 2girls1finger.

[quote name='vrs1650']Why does it always have to go to two girls one cup. That shit is the sickest fucking thing I have ever seen.[/quote]

clearly you are a newb to the intartubes

[quote name='help1']Or kids in a sandbox.[/quote]

Oh god! Never saw that one before! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
(I need to realize that knowing every internet meme is a BAD thing...)

or 3girls1horse1cheetah1boxofpringles3vatsofhersheyssyrup4guysdressedinkoolaidmancosplayandbeaarthur

shit changed my life

[quote name='Apossum']or 3girls1horse1cheetah1boxofpringles3vatsofhersheyssyrup4guysdressedinkoolaidmancosplayandbeaarthur

shit changed my life[/quote]
You know things are fucked up when boxes of pringles are being made.

[quote name='joe2187']Im glad i still have my E-virginity, You Evil pedo Interweb racist nazi jews cant deflour me. I have the smarts.[/QUOTE]
Of course you realize, this means war!

*hides at the drawing board in secret lair to contrive extravagant URL bombing tactic without ending up banned*

[quote name='PyroGamer']
*hides at the drawing board in secret lair to contrive extravagant URL bombing tactic without ending up banned*[/quote]

**Mods prick up ears and eyes**

Good luck.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Of course you realize, this means war!

*hides at the drawing board in secret lair to contrive extravagant URL bombing tactic without ending up banned*[/quote]

Bring it on!!

(On another note....Man this thread derailed real fast)

[quote name='joe2187']
(On another note....Man this thread derailed real fast)[/quote]

I thought it started off pretty crappy to begin with. :drool:

So... back to the original topic.. (for the love of god!)

any idea if we'll see this free game (or what that will be) before the end of 2008?

[quote name='Drnick']So... back to the original topic.. (for the love of god!)

any idea if we'll see this free game (or what that will be) before the end of 2008?[/quote]

Microsoft just provided a new site for updates:

livestatus.xbox.com

[quote name='jkanownik']Microsoft just provided a new site for updates:

livestatus.xbox.com[/quote]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You bastard!

I wonder if the law suit will delay us getting our free game, if they give us something it might be interpreted that MS have admitted people should be compensated.

[quote name='benjamouth']I wonder if the law suit will delay us getting our free game, if they give us something it might be interpreted that MS have admitted people should be compensated.[/quote]

Good point, I think its just a waste of time to try and sue XBL.

[quote name='benjamouth']I wonder if the law suit will delay us getting our free game, if they give us something it might be interpreted that MS have admitted people should be compensated.[/QUOTE]

Putting out the letter saying they were giving a game would already be MS admitting people should be compensated.

The suit may lead to everyone getting a free month or something instead of a free game.

Seems like most gold members would prefer that anyway, going by the bitching on the xbox forums.

[quote name='Apossum']Safe to say they got hacked.

[/quote]

Not sure. A lot of people have credit card info saved on live. If those systems got hacked MS could get in a hell of a lot more trouble for not alerting people to the threat.

[quote name='kevlar51']Not sure. A lot of people have credit card info saved on live. If those systems got hacked MS could get in a hell of a lot more trouble for not alerting people to the threat.[/QUOTE]

Not if it was just a Denial of Service attack, uploading of virus, etc. rather than a hacking which gained access to any information.

[quote name='Apossum']or 3girls1horse1cheetah1boxofpringles3vatsofhersheyssyrup4guysdressedinkoolaidmancosplayandbeaarthur

shit changed my life[/quote]

broken link.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Jesus, they still haven't announced the free game?

Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm getting pretty pissed off about it because there are plenty of games I want to buy but I sure as hell am not going to pay money for something everyone else is going to get for free.

I really hope they just give us a choice of any 800 point game for free. Then I'd get Rez HD.

[quote name='Rozz']I really hope they just give us a choice of any 800 point game for free. Then I'd get Rez HD.[/quote]

Have they confirmed whether it will be a 400 or an 800 point game?

[quote name='shieryda']Have they confirmed an 800 point game, or will it be 400 points?[/QUOTE]

They ain't confirmed nothing but we'll be getting a game, and it will likely be one that's already out.

It will be a game published by Microsoft. We won't be getting 800 points. We won't be getting 400 points. We'll get what they want us to have and we'll take it or leave it.

[quote name='ZForce915']It will be a game published by Microsoft. We won't be getting 800 points. We won't be getting 400 points. We'll get what they want us to have and we'll take it or leave it.[/QUOTE]

I concur. I think the best we can hope for is a new meme to come out of this situation.

"Yeah, I know that totally sucks they treated you that way. But look at the bright side: you could have been Hexic'd!"

They will probably wait another month, so they can go over the sales figures from Christmas.

... Then they will select a game that marketing discovers was already bought by 360 owners with disposable income. One that has already reached 'market saturation.'

This will please a random albino female Mensa member supermodel police officer from Boise Idaho who is also a gamer. The rest of the gaming community will either shrug and go on with their lives, or will come here and complain.

[quote name='ZForce915']It will be a game published by Microsoft.[/QUOTE]
Small Arms, UNO, Eets: Chowdown, Hexic 2, Jetpac Refuelled, Marathon: Durandal, Spyglass Board Games, Tetris Splash, and Word Puzzle are the only XBLA games published by Microsoft that aren't free already.

I already have Hexic 2 and UNO... there's really not much else there I'm all that excited about.

I hope it's not UNO, as EVERYONE already has that game, and giving people a game they already have as "compensation" will just anger people even more.

[quote name='Gourd']The rest of the gaming community will either shrug and go on with their lives, or will come here and complain.[/quote]

Most likely the latter.

bread's done
Back