Xbox Live "Deal" of the Week 8/17-8/23: Halo 3 Splatter Spree theme, 160 points

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Yes, seriously. I don't think anybody's posted this yet, but I can't say I blame them.

If I've ever said that the DOTW offer couldn't get any worse in the past (and I'm pretty sure I have), I take it back. Normally retailing for 250 points, it's dropped a whopping 90 points! Save $1.13 on a theme that was released with the debut of NXE!

:wall:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTEB32jAUi4[/media]

[quote name='kipz']Now I understand why I couldn't find this week's deal anywhere online.[/QUOTE]

Heh, also explains why they started plugging Lost and Damned and Penny Arcade which are the next two deals.

[quote name='RudyPants']Sounds very Boo-urns to me.[/QUOTE]:lol::lol::lol:

Great use of quotes in the title, OP. That is one sad excuse for a "Deal" of the Week.:applause::applause::applause:

Themes, avater crap, and less than 5 dollar dlc should have weekly deals alongside arcade games and substantial dlc.

This is almost a slap in the face compared to the other deals. I guess they assumed that Shadow Complex would take up all the weekly gamer space money.

I have exactly 160 points and I like Halo, but there is still no way in hell that I would buy this. Microsoft needs to stick to discounting games not themes.

I could never get into having a premium theme with 3-D items for the friends lists. I started out with the Castle Crashers ones, and every other one I've tried just seems out of place for the Avatars. Wish other things *cough*400 point Arcade games*cough* would drop down over 30%, then I would be a few more things from these deals of the weeks.

Wow, i feel like an idiot. I bought it last week at 250. Though I don't regret buying it, I'm pretty ticked that they made this Deal of the Week. Why not Marvel vs. Capcom 2? MS Marketing Group = DICKS

[quote name='KingBroly']A theme. A THEME. A fucking THEME!?[/QUOTE]Yeah, and they dropped it a whole 90 points. I remember being excited when I heard they were bringing back a "Deal of the Week" concept. As time has gone by, it's getting harder and harder to remember why I was excited. :whistle2:k

Well, I have 200 points sitting doing nothing after shadow complex gets bought..

I saw this in the morning and didn't want to make a thread as it was a waste but oh well someone else did the work lol. what a shame and waste at the same time. my xbl expires in 3 days and if this is what xbl has to offer along the online crap I have to put up with then bye bye renewal.

An extremly pathetic deal in a long line of pathetic "deals" of the week. Couldn't even knock your own theme to 50 or 75% off Microsoft? Sad.

Gold exclusive deals, baby. Silver members wish they could pay slightly less for premium themes people shouldn't be paying for in the first place.

Microsoft really outdid themselves this time, only they could come up with something as bad as this for the deal of the week, but atleast it is a premium theme.

I wish they would discount Burnout Paradise to $15, that would be awesome... but a theme, no thanks

[quote name='evyrew']I wish they would discount Burnout Paradise to $15, that would be awesome... but a theme, no thanks[/QUOTE]

Only in gaming could a company get people to pay to use their tv as a giant billboard advertisement for a gaming franchise. These themes should be free already.

So that's why major nelson's blog didn't have anything about the deal of the week. Oh well the way I see it is for every week they have a crappy deal is another week I don't have to buy MS points. Purchase all my games on amazon for the most part now and only thing I get with live points is deal of the week and DLC for games I have.

[quote name='evyrew']I wish they would discount Burnout Paradise to $15, that would be awesome... but a theme, no thanks[/QUOTE]
It's worth it at $20. I just got it a few weeks ago. Second favorite 360 game behind Halo Wars, 18+ hours of awesome for me so far, DLC that doesn't rip you off (if you're careful).

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']LOL, "deal" indeed.

Side question, those vehicles on your friends' list, do they do anything?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Just another illusion of money well spent.

It'd be a better idea if themes were discounted as a sort of "DOTD" thing, rather than a DOTW which is an absolute waste.

[quote name='msdmoney']Only in gaming could a company get people to pay to use their tv as a giant billboard advertisement for a gaming franchise. These themes should be free already.[/QUOTE]

When I showed this to her, my girlfriend pointed out that shoe companies, shirt designers, jeans designers, ect...they all have people paying to walk around and display their logo, so basically people pay to let clothing companies advertise on their bodies as well. :roll:

But I totally agree that these damn themes shouldn't cost a damn cent, and would go even further in saying they should come with whatever game they're based on. :bomb:

Deal of the Week promotions should be limited to XBLA Games and Game Add-Ons.

I thought some of the earlier promotions were crap but this one takes the cake.

[quote name='doodofdoods']gold exclusive deals, baby. Silver members wish they could pay slightly less for premium themes people shouldn't be paying for in the first place.[/quote]

+1

Dang, I've only had a 360 for a couple months and I've already picked up Ikaruga, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, and R-Type Dimensions from these deals. I was thinking the deals were always sweet. Are they usually crappy and I just got lucky with my timing?

I don't understand why anyone supports paid for themes or gamer pictures, not paying for a damn .png image. Why not give us the ability to make our own or god forbid include them for free with the game i just paid $60 for.

I'm disappointed it took this long to make a thread about it. I would have started one up yesterday myself, but I was just too excited at the coming wave of internet backlash that I was popping around all over the pace trying to see if ANYONE thought this was a "deal".

I'm seeing lightsabers on people's gamertg, so I know they're out there.

*insert obligatory 'Deal of the Weak' remark here*

Ok, I'm not going to respond to the lightsaber thing (as I'm a Star Wars whore), but I hope this isn't setting a precedent. While the idea and execution of premium themes are cool, I don't think I'm ever going to buy another one for pretty much every reason listed on this thread, let alone any listed as discount for a dollar less.

psn has deals, through Qore and the fact that you can share any item you buy on your account with 5 PS3's itself is already a deal. If you can honestly say that's not a deal then you've lost it.

[quote name='ohboy10451']at least MS has "deals" unlike PSN which has 1 deal every yr[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah what a bargain

Well I remember Major Nelson responded to user's comments saying that he's going to forward their comments to the departments that handles DOTWs...

Well I guess their response was: fuck You and here's a theme for the DOTW

[quote name='latin trident']Wow, i feel like an idiot. I bought it last week at 250. Though I don't regret buying it, I'm pretty ticked that they made this Deal of the Week. Why not Marvel vs. Capcom 2? MS Marketing Group = DICKS[/QUOTE]

Because MvC2 just came out and is still selling like hotcakes at $15.

[quote name='Kaijufan']An extremly pathetic deal in a long line of pathetic "deals" of the week. Couldn't even knock your own theme to 50 or 75% off Microsoft? Sad.[/QUOTE]

The thing that struck me as oddest about this was the percentage off: 36%. I figure they picked that to get it down to a nice, round $2 worth of points, but that's not a fraction I've ever seen in a sale before.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']N+, followed by Ikaruga was solid. Because of that, I am going to let to pass. Not ever y week needs to be a great deal[/QUOTE]

No...but the past few deals have been on the lame side as well. There's a limited market for DLC for an almost outdated soccer game, and having R-Type as a deal so soon after Ikaruga was an odd choice (especially at double the price). The DLC for Far Cry 2 or The Force Unleashed was okay if you owned the games, but I'd assume that at this point most people who were interested would've already bought the DLC.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']But I totally agree that these damn themes shouldn't cost a damn cent, and would go even further in saying they should come with whatever game they're based on. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

So far, I have two premium themes I've actually used. One was the Mass Effect Normandy theme (free on the bonus disc with the PH version of the game), and the other was Splosion Man (free after beating the game).

[quote name='Neorub']... "deals" of the week is dead to me[/QUOTE]

Give it some time. The upcoming deals on GTA4's DLC and Penny Arcade Episode 2 are better than what we've seen for the past month (although I'm too broke for either right now).

[quote name='vlv723']Well I remember Major Nelson responded to user's comments saying that he's going to forward their comments to the departments that handles DOTWs...

Well I guess their response was: fuck You and here's a theme for the DOTW[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I think you're right. :lol:

bread's done
Back