Xbox Live Deal of the Week - PGR4 Premium Challenge Pack - 240 MSP

Exu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
217 (100%)
Via Major Nelson

Normally retailing for 400 Microsoft Points, the Premium Challenge Pack is now 240 for this week only. This deal is only available to gold subscribers.
Not bad considering PGR4 is dirt cheap now.

:360: Project Gotham Racing 4 Premium Challenge Pack 240 Microsoft Points

twitter_mini.gif
Click here for CAG UK Twitter Updates
twitter_mini.gif
Click here for CAG US Twitter Updates

(At the time of writing it's still showing up as 400 for me on the Web Marketplace, give it time to refresh or check the dashboard.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irc_email']I can understand why these deals are too little, but how the fuck are they too late???[/QUOTE]

I believe he's saying that if they did this every week since launch it would look like a big deal but considering we have had things like Steams Weekend Deals this just seems like MS trying to hop on a bandwagon.

Just my guess.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Too little too late for what? There is effectively zero overhead in any of this downloadable content being available. This creates interest and drives sales. What is there to be "too little too late" over?

Why are you even trying to compare what they are doing here to what is happening each weekend on Steam? The two are mutually exclusive. If you aren't a PC gamer, you don't even know what Steam is. If you are a PC gamer and don't own a 360, then why do you care what price Microsoft sets DLC content at?[/QUOTE]

Ding. Thank you sir.

[quote name='irc_email']I can understand why these deals are too little, but how the fuck are they too late???[/quote]

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I believe he's saying that if they did this every week since launch it would look like a big deal but considering we have had things like Steams Weekend Deals this just seems like MS trying to hop on a bandwagon.

Just my guess.[/quote]

The only other thought I can add is that back when they did this around the holidays it gathered a lot of interest towards those live arcade games as well as the various dlc that were on sale. Everyone hoped that due to increased interest and sales that they would continue running weekly specials. Instead they basically said no , we don't need to run sales for people to buy our stuff. The only reason we ran these sales now is because it's the holidays and everyone is running sales.

I will say this, my wife got an iphone and now I laugh at most of the xbla and community content when there's sweet apps for a couple bucks there AND ITS PORTABLE!

[quote name='mtxbass1']You're acting here like Microsoft has any direct competition on live. There is none. No one else controls the pricing on Live except Microsoft. Who says they want to compete with a PC based platform (Steam)? What exactly would they be competing over? Steam doesn't offer content on Xbox Live, so again, why would Microsoft care?
[/quote]

While this was originally true, this is changing. Steam does actually offer content on LIVE, such as Portal: Still Alive (severely overpriced, should have been offered as cheap DLC for The Orange Box, instead of a stand alone game).

I went for Portal on PC as it was cheaper, and offered more gameplay through free 3rd party map packs (more 3rd party gameplay than the original game! The 3rd party content was more challenging and creative as well).

Also, more and more companies are offering their XBLA content through steam. The Maw for example. This trend will continue and will impact XBLM sales.

The overpriced XBLM has me seriously considering PC gaming. There is a stigma that it is "expensive" and that you have to upgrade your graphics card every 6 months or year, but that's not true.

Most PS3 games are rendered at 540P, then upscaled to 1080 at output. Same goes for 360, although a lot of games are doing 720P at least. The Dreamcast was able to do 480P. It's pretty rediculous that two console generations later resolutions haven't really advanced all that much.

It's not hard to beat the "HD" console graphics. A good graphics card can last for several years, and still give better looking graphics with more detail/features, at or above console resolutions. As time goes on, resolutions for newer games can be lowered to keep framerates up.

bread's done
Back