XBOX Live Deals 12/30 Castle Crashers 560 12/28-1/3 The Maw

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Friday 12/18 2010 Avatar Glasses and Present Prop
Saturday 12/19 Worms 2: Armageddon 400 (was 800)
Sunday 12/20 NYE Theme FREE (was 240)
Monday 12/21 White Christmas for Lips 80 (was 160)
Tuesday 12/22 Some Crappy Movie 80
Wednesday 12/23 Marvel vs Capcom 2 560 (was 1200)
Thursday 12/24 Uno Rush 400 (was 800)
Friday 12/25 Monkey Island Special Edition 400 (was 800)

Upcoming RUMOURED list (may be for euro region only)

:error: 22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
:applause:23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
:applause:24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
:applause:25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
:error: 26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
:applause:27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
:applause:28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
:error: 29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
:applause: 30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

From Major Nelson...

Week of December 14:
Lips: Coldplay Track Pack for 240 Microsoft Points

December 21 through December 27:
Shadow Complex for 800 points (awesome, been waiting for a drop)

Week of December 28:
The Maw for 400 Microsoft Points (double awesome, been waiting for this too!)

Finally, starting December 18th and continuing through the 31st we’ll be having a new Xbox LIVE Holiday Deal every single day. We’re not posting that schedule in advance so you’ll need to check back each day to see what the offer is. You can find out what each deal is by signing into Xbox LIVE and checking the dashboard. Plus each day, I’ll post the Holiday Daily deal to my Twitter account so you may want follow me so you can find out what the deal is even if you are not in front of your console.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got fingers crossed for some good fallout 3 dlc that i dont have already :)
i will be grabbing monkey island and braid though :)
thanks op

[quote name='TripleQ']Wednesday 12/23 Marvel vs Capcom 2 560 (was 1200)

24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

definitely be grabbing MvsC2 today :D

and looking at the potential list it really makes me regret having bought both Castle Crashers and Braid at full price...well mainly Braid as it wasn't worth the cash IMO

i was really hoping to see some more DLC be on sale too...would have loved to pick up the new Forza 3 DLC for half-price as I'm getting it for X-Mas...oh well its still cheap anyway on its own

If these end up being the deals then I better stock up on some points. Some are amazing deals.

I'd be in for Marvel vs Capcom 2, Monkey Island, Castle Crashers and Battlefield 1943.

that'd be awesome if some of those were true. i'm passing on mvc2 today because i've already got it on ps3, but i'm definitely in for castle crashers...maybe braid too.

27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400

You forgot:
22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400

But hey, 1 out of 2 so far aint that bad.

well MvsC2 is now purchased (I had the trial game sitting forever on my HDD waiting for a sale). The demo was great when i was playing with the SFIV fightpad...now I'm really considering buying a fightstick as well but $160+ is so damn expensive :(

I wish i could have seen Splosion Man or Trials HD get cheaper but the upcoming ones are great for those who do not have them yet.

Really hope that listing for Castle Crashers is legit as I've also been waiting forever to get it. I even have both DLC characters ready and waiting from when Behemoth was handing them out for free :bouncy:

27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400

I've been wanting Monkey Island so I'd DEFINITELY pick that up! Might consider Uno Rush and Magic. Already have the Fallout 3 DLC, Braid, Castle Crashers, and BF1943. And I don't plan on ever buying DLC for anymore of the GH games since I've already amassed a RB catalogue.

played through shadow complex today (start to finish...gotta love the holidays) and it was awesome. definitely worth 800 points. if you're on the fence but liked games like metroid or contra, you'll enjoy this.

On the plus side, if anyone missed out on MvC2 yesterday, it is still set at 560 points as of 10:37 AM EST. Might want to grab if fast if you missed it before it reverts back.

Ah, glad it's on the dash - I thought this was a US only deal.

One thing I noticed though - on the Dash, tomorrow's the last "door" but if you use a US account, the doors go up until New Years... so I wonder if Canada gets screwed for the rest of the holiday.

[quote name='firehawk12']One thing I noticed though - on the Dash, tomorrow's the last "door" but if you use a US account, the doors go up until New Years... so I wonder if Canada gets screwed for the rest of the holiday.[/QUOTE]

I always assumed that they would just restart the countdown once the first week of deals was over.

Still selling for 560! Totally thought I missed Marvel on the ONLY day I don't use a comp to check...MTG is pretty fun too if you were even remotely a fan of the card game.

on the xbox.com marketplace its even worst.

the game shows up at 400 MS points (in both the US and Canadian versions of the marketplace) and then after clicking on it, you get a confirmation screen that says 800 ms points but it's really easy to get fooled...

hope they make it work soon

Grabbed MvsC yesterday as it's my brothers favorite game of all time. We'll have something to play when he comes over, hehe. I suck horribly at it though. I used to be good at Street Fighter 2 as a kid on the arcades, but at this game even as Ken/Ryu/Akuma(I think it's Akuma I saw) I get horribly thrashed even on Medium difficulty.

looks like some of the deals that were mentioned before will be coming. the hints on the dashboard match a bunch of those.

27th - get these map packs 50% off (fallout 3?)
28th - prices that will make you sing, 50% off (gh5 stones pack?)
29th - 80 ms points (another movie i'd guess)
30th - huge arcade hit more than 50% off (castle crashers or braid...i'm hoping for castle crashers)
31st - 21st century game, 1940s price, 50% off (bf43 probably)

also, if you've yet to pick up shadow complex, do it! it rules.

Just traded away my copy of Fallout 3 to FS last week before the value waent down, for 20$, so I could get the GOTY when it comes back in stock...

Still works out to about 10$ for the 2 DLCs Im missing I guess.

Too bad it didn't work for the PC version of Fallout 3. I just got back into Fallout 3 a month or so ago after not playing it for like a year and was excited to see this deal since I wanted to get into the DLC content as well. Major bummer it didn't include the deal for Games for Windows - Live clients as well :(

Hah, yeah. For MS, PC doesn't count after all. But you can get Where's Waldo for 50% off! ;)

Update for today, the Maw is up for 400 and the Rolling Stones pack is up for 360.

Today's deal is the Zune movie rental: Stargate: Continuum for 80 MS points (Standard Definition only).

Really disappointed that there is no Braid price drop today. Was really the only thing other than Secret of Monkey Island I was looking forward to.

[quote name='flames23']Pretty sure if there's a braid price drop it'd be Tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow is Castle Crashers, unless the hint "crasher" is supposed to throw us off.

[quote name='flames23']Pretty sure if there's a braid price drop it'd be Tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then we won't get Castle Crashers. A previous leaked list suggested Braid today and Castle Crashers tomorrow, which would've rocked. I need both.

[quote name='neksus']Tomorrow is Castle Crashers, unless the hint "crasher" is supposed to throw us off.[/QUOTE]

Yep! I also think it will be Castle Crashers because of that hint.

[quote name='ragnar14']Yeah, but then we won't get Castle Crashers. A previous leaked list suggested Braid today and Castle Crashers tomorrow, which would've rocked. I need both.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way - wish I'd jumped on Braid this summer when it was on sale. Definitely picking up whichever of these goes on sale tomorrow, though!

[quote name='CrushEm']Too bad it didn't work for the PC version of Fallout 3. I just got back into Fallout 3 a month or so ago after not playing it for like a year and was excited to see this deal since I wanted to get into the DLC content as well. Major bummer it didn't include the deal for Games for Windows - Live clients as well :([/QUOTE]I'm holding out for GOTY Edition on Steam for $17.50 :(

Looks like the rumor was spot on for Castle Crashers as I just purchased it for 560 points via xbox.com's Marketplace. Didn't even need a gold account which is weird since I thought they were required to gain access to Xbox Live discounts.

bread's done
Back