XBOX Live Deals 12/30 Castle Crashers 560 12/28-1/3 The Maw

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Friday 12/18 2010 Avatar Glasses and Present Prop
Saturday 12/19 Worms 2: Armageddon 400 (was 800)
Sunday 12/20 NYE Theme FREE (was 240)
Monday 12/21 White Christmas for Lips 80 (was 160)
Tuesday 12/22 Some Crappy Movie 80
Wednesday 12/23 Marvel vs Capcom 2 560 (was 1200)
Thursday 12/24 Uno Rush 400 (was 800)
Friday 12/25 Monkey Island Special Edition 400 (was 800)

Upcoming RUMOURED list (may be for euro region only)

:error: 22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
:applause:23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
:applause:24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
:applause:25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
:error: 26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
:applause:27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
:applause:28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
:error: 29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
:applause: 30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

From Major Nelson...

Week of December 14:
Lips: Coldplay Track Pack for 240 Microsoft Points

December 21 through December 27:
Shadow Complex for 800 points (awesome, been waiting for a drop)

Week of December 28:
The Maw for 400 Microsoft Points (double awesome, been waiting for this too!)

Finally, starting December 18th and continuing through the 31st we’ll be having a new Xbox LIVE Holiday Deal every single day. We’re not posting that schedule in advance so you’ll need to check back each day to see what the offer is. You can find out what each deal is by signing into Xbox LIVE and checking the dashboard. Plus each day, I’ll post the Holiday Daily deal to my Twitter account so you may want follow me so you can find out what the deal is even if you are not in front of your console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick updates on these deals guys. I've had only time to quickly check the deal here then use the website to buy them while travelling/visiting family.

[quote name='Eoyote']Looks like the rumor was spot on for Castle Crashers as I just purchased it for 560 points via xbox.com's Marketplace. Didn't even need a gold account which is weird since I thought they were required to gain access to Xbox Live discounts.[/QUOTE]

No, only the deals of the week require gold membership.

Hmm... I've already picked up all Fallout 3 DLC that I needed and MAW. This DLC is killing my bank account, lol. Fallout 3, Maw, new Trials HD pack, and some other stuff that I can't remember. I hate that they do it as points instead of $$... it's too hard to calculate what XX points is in $$ :)

Anyway, I'm a big fan of these types of deals. I am NOT a big fan of 80 ms point movie rentals. Maybe if it was 80ms points for a movie of your choice, but come on, Batman Returns?? I guess maybe the tie in with the xmas theme of the movie and the latest Batman game?

Has Splosion man ever gone on sale? I just played the demo and it's hilariously awesome!
800 pts is probably worth it, but 400 would be sweeter.

Also, anyone that has played Castle Crashers, what's it about? The graphics aren't the selling point obviously, they look like paper mario style graphics. And should I be jumping on this 640 pt drop?

Is castle crashers worth it as a single player game because I don't have xbox live? Should I just wait for the PS3 version?

It's basically a 2D sidescrolling brawler with RPG elements - you can level up and collect weapons/pets. I only played it single player because the online was broken when the game came out and I thought it was okay.

[quote name='snuter']Is castle crashers worth it as a single player game because I don't have xbox live? Should I just wait for the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

I played it at a friends house a while back when nobody wanted to play an FPS - it was a great party game. That said, the game is fully interchangeable from offline to online, the only difference is people controlling the players. You can do most of the levels with only 1 player, they'll just be harder.

i thought i recall seeing braid on sale before, could be wrong but if its true that could be the reasoning behind castle crashers and not braid.

[quote name='JnJosh']i thought i recall seeing braid on sale before, could be wrong but if its true that could be the reasoning behind castle crashers and not braid.[/QUOTE]

Braid was on sale for ~500 this summer.

Is there an easy way to get 20 MS points? I have the feeling Battlefield 1943 is going to be 560 tomorrow, and I'm sitting at 540 :whee:

Grabbed Castle Crashers despite not really being interested; it's so damn fun. My friend and I sat down to try one level and ended up wasting 3 hours, only stopping 'cause she and I both have work in the morning. Well worth the points.

Today's deal is Battlefield 1943 for 560 MS points (regularly 1200 MS points). It's a Gold member exclusive but since it's an online only game you need Gold membership anyway to play it.

For Battlefield 1943, can we play 2 player multiplayer OFFLINE? If not, that's pretty lame. Sometimes I hate waiting for an online game to materialize. Maybe that's not a big deal with an 'online only' game, but if I wanted to play with my girlfriend, she'd probably get pissed off if everyone online is 500 levels better than us and we just get annihilated without knowing why all too quickly ;)

Anyone know if EA's buy 3 get 800 points back offer works in Canada?
http://www.ea.com/news/xbox-live-holiday-discounts

basically if you buy 1943, then you can pick up the two mass effect dlc packs(which I heard aren't nearly as good as the rest of the game) for free. or get a pretty steep discount on big surf island and pick up a 3rd item from their list.

[quote name='Grease_Bits']Wow, I got pretty lucky just now on buying Castle Crashers. Totally forgot about buying it before I went out last night.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with Shadow Complex, picked it up on the Monday morning after The Maw was already discounted, luckily Shadow Complex had not gone back up.

A Kingdom for Keflings is the deal of the week 400 points, normally 800 points.
I bought the Maw this morning, luckily enough remembered before the price went up.

Going to grab KfK if I still can :)

Got it, only 160 pts left, I'll have to go grab another 2800 pts card when I remember from the Superstore. Hopefully they still have that 29.99 deal :X

bread's done
Back