Xbox Live deals for retail employees only

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Microsoft has this promotion for retail employees only
ripped from www.fatwallet.com (thanks, JamManXC)

http://retail.microsoft.com/retail/xboxoffer/

Pick up the Starter Kit for only $29.99 (more than 50% off MSRP).
Starter Kit includes:
A 12-month subscription card
A Communicator headset
The full version of Crimson Skies®: High Road to Revenge™

Or

Get your hands on a 12-month subscription card for only $19.99 (more than 60% off MSRP).

I dont want it. its too much of a hassle to buy and resell. if someone wanted either one fo the deals. id consider doing it for them. aim me or pm me if ur interested

There's only 2 options, the 12 month renewal card which is $19.99 and the Starter Kit with the 12 month card, headset and Crimson Skys for $29.99.

You can only order 1 of each, it won't let you order multiples.

SO i ordered one of each under my own company name, so we'll see what happens.

Look what I got today after ordering a live kit and renewal card

"This is a shipping notification from eCompanyStore

This email is sent courtesy of our shipping department to assure you
that your order has been shipped promptly. Please note that this
email is sent to you upon completion of your order. It may take a few
hours before you can track this number online with UPS."

So it looks like they really don't look to closley at who's ordering what. So i say, order freely !

I emailed them and they said they dont care, pick ANY store. Some people tried this at xbox.net a few days ago and got the stuff

So if you wanted to get in on this deal it looks like they dont care, =)

At one time they were calling around I know. I haven't heard anything since then. My friend does work at GS and he signed up and they didn't ask for a pay stub or check at all. It's kinda strange but one day it will come crashing down.

Yeah, it's not worth it to me. My friend doesn't use his points really so he lets me get stuff and just pay shipping.

I emailed them and said I did not work at any store which sold games, I dont have a job and they said

"Steven
You may pick any store and purchase from this site. Thank you

If we may be of further assistance to you, please let us know. Have a
great day!"

;) its a great deal and they dont care

You see the difference between this and getting something for free from the points program is that you are actually paying. As long as they get money + subscribers they don't care. You even pay for shipping. No lose here for Microsoft, just gain.

-Morpheus

Where do they ship it to? It says to put you street address, but I get my mail at the post office.
Could so one tell me?

It says it won't ship to P.O boxes, Im guessing it ships ups or usps?

hmm anyone get this?

i ordered it yesterday and it showed on my online debit statement and then today it dissapoeared but i didnt get a cancelation email or anything

I've gotten mine from the site quite a while ago. Then again, I'm a retail employee and was actually authorized for the deal. Recently ordered and recieved Rallisport Challenge 2, Counter-Strike, and Blinx for a total of $17 shipped, yay. ^_^

[quote name='kapkorn']hmm anyone get this?[/quote]

Yep, I got it about 2 weeks ago. Less than $37 shipped and UPS showed up at my door about a week later with it. Worked flawlessly. They never even asked me for my retail store or whatever when I input my info - all they had was a line that said "company" and I put the real name of the company I work for.

I guess they didn't even care I wasn't a retail employee. :)

I actually work at one of the places on the list so I went ahead and ordered the Live starter kit and took the quizzes to earn Sudeki and Top Spin. Even though my situation is fine, it still almost feels wrong. :?

Oh, this is my first post so hello everyone! Thanks for all the information on great deals for a cheap ass gamer like me. This site is the best. :D

I just signed up for the retail training thing today. I had been looking for this link for awhile but could never find it. I work at Blockbuster, so I'm at least doing it honestly...but it sounds like shipping is 6 bucks per game? That's crazy. I guess it's cheaper than I'd be paying otherwise.

Heres the thing though i was wondering, if you already have xbox live subscription, can you use the 12 month card to renew it if its coming up in August....LIKE ME? I hope so because not paying $50 sounds much better than paying $50 dollars. Indeed

rockford smells

mn

what did u all use for store #, store zip, store phone, Mosaic/Microsoft Representative Number (if referred to site by a representative), Last two digits of Employee Number (numbers only)
just made stuff up? cant see how anyone successfully registered without this info

[quote name='cag1000']what did u all use for store #, store zip, store phone, Mosaic/Microsoft Representative Number (if referred to site by a representative), Last two digits of Employee Number (numbers only)
just made stuff up? cant see how anyone successfully registered without this info[/quote]

I actually followed the rules and used my REAL store number.

[quote name='Maynard']Heres the thing though i was wondering, if you already have xbox live subscription, can you use the 12 month card to renew it if its coming up in August....LIKE ME? I hope so because not paying $50 sounds much better than paying $50 dollars. Indeed

rockford smells

mn[/quote]

Yes, you can use it to extend Live.

[quote name='murcielago77']can you do it with a fake store and employee number?[/quote]you dont need an employee number ,just put a retail store name in that you work at or "work" at

[quote name='suMMx'][quote name='murcielago77']can you do it with a fake store and employee number?[/quote]you dont need an employee number ,just put a retail store name in that you work at or "work" at[/quote]

Let the stupid, ignorant people of questionable ethics figure out these lameass scams on thier own. The last thing we need is for them to be tainting CAG with thier foul stench.

i ordered mine on friday night, got an acknologement email but no info on shipping yet. Im sure ill get some email or something on monday and it should be here by thursday or friday

I received my Live kit pretty quickly. I did the other offer & they said they shipped out my 5 games. I'm getting Halo, Amped 2, PGR 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, & Top Spin for $25.99. I did have to go through a lot of training though.

[quote name='DaVinci42']I received my Live kit pretty quickly. I did the other offer & they said they shipped out my 5 games. I'm getting Halo, Amped 2, PGR 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, & Top Spin for $25.99. I did have to go through a lot of training though.[/quote]

Oh boo hoo, you whiny fucking bitch.

Let's just hope MS doesn't catch on to you greedy asshats and kill the program so legit employees can't get any perks.

[quote name='redgopher']Let's just hope MS doesn't catch on to you greedy asshats and kill the program so legit employees can't get any perks.[/quote]

Word bro.

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='DaVinci42']I received my Live kit pretty quickly. I did the other offer & they said they shipped out my 5 games. I'm getting Halo, Amped 2, PGR 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, & Top Spin for $25.99. I did have to go through a lot of training though.[/quote]

Oh boo hoo, you whiny shaq-fuing bitch.

Let's just hope MS doesn't catch on to you greedy asshats and kill the program so legit employees can't get any perks.[/quote]

I don't know what your bitching about. I didn't post my store # on the boards or anything. And the last statement about trainging was informational, not complaining. Have a little more respect for your fellow boardmates.

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='DaVinci42']I received my Live kit pretty quickly. I did the other offer & they said they shipped out my 5 games. I'm getting Halo, Amped 2, PGR 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, & Top Spin for $25.99. I did have to go through a lot of training though.[/quote]

Let's just hope MS doesn't catch on to you greedy asshats and kill the program so legit employees can't get any perks.[/quote]

Woah there, I think he is a legit employee. No need to attack him.

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='redgopher'][quote name='DaVinci42']I received my Live kit pretty quickly. I did the other offer & they said they shipped out my 5 games. I'm getting Halo, Amped 2, PGR 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, & Top Spin for $25.99. I did have to go through a lot of training though.[/quote]

Woah there, I think he is a legit employee. No need to attack him.[/quote]

So lets hear him say it.

Once Fable comes out, I plan on htiting the X-Box training site. (Yes, I work retail). XBL for $30 instead of $70 ks good, and some decent games showing up now from what I'm reading...and I've got a scad of points stored :)

"We apologize for the confusion. A technical issue surfaced that incorrectly
displayed items as 'shipped' when in fact they were in 'process.' This led users
to a UPS link that had incorrect information or no information. After initiating
the resolution the order status changed. It now displays the correct status.

The technical support team rectified this issue and your order is indeed in
process. Due to the current high volume of orders we are in the process of
executing all orders as quickly as possible. Please check back later for updated
shipping information. Thanks in advance for your patience."

David
The Xbox Online Training Team

redgopher: I worked at Gamestop before I moved a couple of weeks ago (their is a grace period after leaving). I'm looking for a new part time job, & I wouldn't mind if it was in videogames retail.

- just lighten up. I don't care if a few people take advantage of these offers.

1) the XBOX live offer is a mistake of the person who writes the web page. It's not supposed to be as easy as it is.

2) for the games offer it isn't exactly easy to get the info you need to sign up. I don't see people posting their store #'s on boards & such. So I doubt many people are faking this with the exception of friends of people who work in retail (in which case they could just order an extra game anyway).

[quote name='DaVinci42']I don't care if a few people take advantage of these offers.[/quote]

Did I ask if you cared, you self righteous fuck?

"I don't care if people take advantage of the offers, because I'm obviously the only one who works at a game store... oh wait, that's *worked* at a game store. So that means the only person that matters is me, and I'm a nice guy because I'm going to *let* a few people fake employment at a retail store to get a few cheap games."

Is that what you meant? Dumbass.

dude calm down. There are tons of stores on that list and people could be working at any of them. We dont got to be working at a "game" store, just a store on that list

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='DaVinci42']I don't care if a few people take advantage of these offers.[/quote]

Did I ask if you cared, you self righteous shaq-fu?

"I don't care if people take advantage of the offers, because I'm obviously the only one who works at a game store... oh wait, that's *worked* at a game store. So that means the only person that matters is me, and I'm a nice guy because I'm going to *let* a few people fake employment at a retail store to get a few cheap games."

Is that what you meant? Dumbass.[/quote]

It's obvious you're just looking to pick a fight. Whatever. You win. We're all evil.

- Does your d**k feel any bigger now?

*** By the way. The only one being "self righteous" is you dude. Learn to use a dictionary.

bread's done
Back