Xbox Live Deals of the Week for April

spree4567

CAGiversary!
http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2009/04/03/Guards_of_Magog.aspx

4/6-4/12 - Penny Arcade: Episode 1 - 800 points (50% off)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-00005841090d?cid=SLink

4/13-4/19 - Tom Clancy’s GRAW 2 Co-op Collection 2 DLC - 320 points (20% off)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0003-0000-4000-8000-0000555307f0?cid=SLink

4/20-4/26 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 Spyglass Hill Golf Course DLC - 400 points (33% off)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0032-0000-4000-8000-000045410870?cid=SLink

4/27-5/3 - NBA Live 365 Subscription DLC - 560 points (30% off)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-00004541087a?cid=SLink

The NBA Live Subscription is a thing where you can get daily updates to rosters as the players are updated according to their performances in the real world. Although at the point it'll be on sale, it's going to be playoff time I believe so I don't see that one as really worth it.

I'd get Penny Arcade if I didn't already own it. I'd say it's well worth the 800 points. I also like how they announce everything at the start of the month. It's nice to have some advance notice. Now I only wish they'd start to do that with the arcade releases more often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, I've been wanting to get Penny Arcade but was afraid it would go on sell after I bought it. Glad I waited. Thanks.

I can't help but feel the Penny Arcade series will be collected on a disc for $30 when the entire series is finished. $10 is still too much for a only a slice of a game.

I wish they'd focus less on the DLC and more on the XBLA games. So far, since they've started doing "Deals of the Week", I have yet to see DLC deals for any games that I own (or even particularly want to play). Does anyone actually go out and buy a game just because the DLC is on sale?

Ideally, maybe they'd have both a "game deal" and a "DLC deal" each week.

[quote name='Thrinn']I can't help but feel there entire Penny Arcade series will be collected on a disc for $30 when the entire series is finished. $10 is still too much for a only a slice of a game.[/QUOTE]

A slice of this mythological game you've think might exist? PAA1 was worth it for $20, it's a decent deal at $10.

[quote name='arcane93']Ideally, maybe they'd have both a "game deal" and a "DLC deal" each week.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would argue with you there. Including DLC in this (And for such terrible discounts usually too) is just weird. They've got a huge library of XBLA games nowadays, they should use it.

I'd get the GRAW2 DLC, but 20% off is putrid and I'll vote with my dollars by keeping them on principle. Plus, with my CoD addiction I don't know when I'll get back to GRAW2 anyway so maybe the price will actually drop by then.

20% off the graw2 content is so weak. The rest are meh at best. That's a shame too because I'm sitting on about 30,000 points.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']A slice of this mythological game you've think might exist? [/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure the PAA series exists. :)

They need to separate the DLC from the Arcade game deals. 1 game deal in a month is lame. It's about time for Sony to have another big sale, they'll drop a half dozen games at once for their sales, which is better than what Microsoft is currently doing.

[quote name='Thrinn']I can't help but feel the Penny Arcade series will be collected on a disc for $30 when the entire series is finished. $10 is still too much for a only a slice of a game.[/quote]
I've thought the same thing. But at $10, I just might bite. I'm glad the people who paid $20 for it feel it's worth it. But I refuse to pay more 800 pts for anything. I just don't trust the content being available a gen or two down the road. I still play older games, so being able to have them available is important to me.

I don't mind the DLC deals, I just wish they would have them for better games.

I bought up all the Oblivion DLC. If they would keep dropping the price on DLC for the actual good games I would be all over it in a heartbeat.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'd get the GRAW2 DLC, but 20% off is putrid and I'll vote with my dollars by keeping them on principle.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY my thought. Came here to post this and saw someone already did.

Yah! Its about time for PA to go on sale. No way I am going to spend 1600 on a game, I'll just go buy a decent disc of something used at gamestop for that.

I think I will finally pick up Penny Arcade.

BTW I'm not sure which demo disc this is on but the GRAW2 co-op collection can be downloaded for free from one of the most recent OXM discs.

[quote name='tinman_licks']still no castle crashers huh? guess it's selling too well for that to happen[/QUOTE]

I would not hold my breath for this one. They only this week did their first game, Alien Hominid which was a republish. Also, AH is almost 2 years old.

Good luck waiting *THAT* out.

[quote name='Thrinn']I can't help but feel the Penny Arcade series will be collected on a disc for $30 when the entire series is finished. $10 is still too much for a only a slice of a game.[/quote]

I bought it the day it was released and felt that my $20 was well spent. Played through it a few times to get all the achievements and probably spent as much time on it as I did with the GTA DLC. That combined with the fact that it was hilarious made me overlook the high pricing. If you feel like waiting another year for the other 2 episodes to be released and a collection to be sold then go for it, but if you like the comics you're missing out on a pretty good time. Especially now that it's a reasonable price.

[quote name='arcane93']I wish they'd focus less on the DLC and more on the XBLA games. So far, since they've started doing "Deals of the Week", I have yet to see DLC deals for any games that I own (or even particularly want to play). Does anyone actually go out and buy a game just because the DLC is on sale?

Ideally, maybe they'd have both a "game deal" and a "DLC deal" each week.[/quote]

Definitely agree with you there. At the very least pick a more popular game to offer DLC for. Battlestations Midway? GRAW 2? Why not Burnout Paradise or COD4, COD:WAW, Gears 2, or even some older Rock Band tracks. You know, the kinda stuff that people actually still play.

They should start discounting Rock Band Packs and Albums again, that was the only redeeming aspect of this when it happened over the winter and it has yet to happen since they brought it back. What the heck?

I'd prefer permanent price drops to these sales, like they did with the "Arcade Greatest Hits" or whatever it was called.

As for these deals, nothing catches my eye but I think many people would love to see a Fallout 3 DLC three-pack at discount when "Broken Steel" releases. We know they're gonna do a GOTY version of the game with DLC in place of a price drop, so why not let the peeps who bought the game get a break?

Meh to the April deals. Couldn't be less interested in Penny Arcade.
Can't really complain, at least Braid was a good deal.

Penny Arcade will be interesting. All I heard when that came out was that it was great but too pricey at 20. So technically at 10 its should be amazing right?

[quote name='arcane93']I wish they'd focus less on the DLC and more on the XBLA games. So far, since they've started doing "Deals of the Week", I have yet to see DLC deals for any games that I own (or even particularly want to play). Does anyone actually go out and buy a game just because the DLC is on sale?

Ideally, maybe they'd have both a "game deal" and a "DLC deal" each week.[/quote]

I totally agree.

[quote name='oasisboy']How did you get so many points?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he did that MSN auto error promo a few months back. I'm ashamed to say I got about 2000 points off that before they pulled the plug ...

[quote name='mtxbass1']20% off the graw2 content is so weak. The rest are meh at best. That's a shame too because I'm sitting on about 30,000 points.[/quote]

how on earth did you accumulate that much... and I thought I had a lot lol

[quote name='msdmoney']I wouldn't be surprised to see Steam undercut them on Penny Arcade with a weekend deal.[/quote]

They already had one a while ago for the same price.

[quote name='oasisboy']How did you get so many points?[/quote]

Retail cards unused. I have a stockpile from various sales throughout the years.

Woot. Finally going to get PA1. I was surprised that they didn't lower the game to $15 after PA2 came out like it was on the PC.

I have about 22,000 points. For christmas and my past birthday anytime anyone asked what to get me that is what I responded with. Also gamestop ticked me off and I had about 180 in credit with them so I used it all so I could be done with them and spent it only on MS points.

bread's done
Back