XBOX LIVE expired ? Post here and tell why you haven't renewed .

Richlough

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I've been noticing alot of Gamercards in people's signatures have turned to Silver Memberships .

Just wondering ...

Why they would let them expire ?
If they'll renew ?
Why they won't renew ?

I thought it would be interesting to here some answers .

I've been a member since Dec '02 , and have no plans of never not renewing .

Haven't found a good deal on one yet. Mine expired on the 8th so I haven't missed much time, anyways I'm trying to get my score up to 10,000 but it isn't going very well...

I actually have another 1 year card that I haven't redeemed yet. I haven't redeemed it yet cause there's just not any multiplayer games I'm interested in playing right now. Crackdown will probably be a reason to redeem it though.

I'd probably play a lot more xbox live but none of my friends have it so the only people on my friend's list are people from CAG.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I actually have another 1 year card that I haven't redeemed yet. I haven't redeemed it yet cause there's just not any multiplayer games I'm interested in playing right now. Crackdown will probably be a reason to redeem it though.

I'd probably play a lot more xbox live but none of my friends have it so the only people on my friend's list are people from CAG.[/QUOTE]

Yours being expired is what made me start noticing others .

I think alot of people started their account when they got their 360's around a year ago .

waiting for a deal and i have school taking up a lot of time. so i rather sign up during a time where i have more time to play online.

[quote name='Richlough']Yours being expired is what made me start noticing others .

I think alot of people started their account when they got their 360's around a year ago .[/QUOTE]

What's wierd is that my account expired in January but my gamercard on the forum just now switched to having a silver header I noticed.

My free trial just expired today and it'll be sometime until I renew. Part of this is due to the fact that I'm going to be moving in a couple weeks and moving is a pain in the ass and I want to wait until I can get DSL set up in my new pad before signing up for gold.

But the other half of why I won't renew for awhile is that I haven't even touched my copies of Oblivion or Viva Pinata yet because they're long single player games and I would've felt like I was wasting my money by not taking advantage of my Xbox Live gold account. In fact, I'm far more into single-player gaming in general. But once I beat all my single-player games (no telling when that'll be) I'll sign up for live again, but I could easily see myself going a year or so without it.

I'm a pretty new gamer I suppose, I would usually do GT only or FPS as stress relief. With that said I know I would suck online and be a "nOOb", which is a great reason why I wouldn't intentionally go into a multiplayer online environment with a bunch of assholes with egos bigger than their dicks.

FEAR on a pc was probably the first time I ever went online. It was fun at first but then the assholes started coming out of the woodwork. I didn't mind going online because it's free. So, why in gods name would I pay to do the same thing?? I'd have more fun getting a gun and shooting myself in the foot.

Anyway, the only reason I have gold is so I could play some games with my friend which has been a blast. After the month is over I probably won't get it for awhile.

Furthermore, subscriptions are gay... I am not here to fun their lives, especially when I know they are making money hand over fist because they don't have any overhead and can set prices however they like as well as add tax on for the hell of it.
1rolleyes3ho.gif

[quote name='javeryh']I'm never canceling.[/QUOTE]

Same. Even when I don't use it that often, the service is very cheap for a year and it is less of a hassle to just have it available at all times.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']But the other half of why I won't renew for awhile is that I haven't even touched my copies of Oblivion or Viva Pinata yet because they're long single player games and I would've felt like I was wasting my money by not taking advantage of my Xbox Live gold account. In fact, I'm far more into single-player gaming in general. But once I beat all my single-player games (no telling when that'll be) I'll sign up for live again, but I could easily see myself going a year or so without it.[/QUOTE]

That's about where I'm at. I'm not really into the FPS genre or games like Gears. I also don't feel compelled to pay $60 for any of the stuff that's out. I'd rather wait for price drops. FIFA 07 and/or Winning Eleven are tempting me to sign up for Gold, but I don't think any of my friends are into that as much as I would be.

To top it off, I'm buried under a vicious backlog of PS2, 'Cube, and DS games, plus some old BC Xbox games that I really, really wanna play all the way through (Fable, Jade Empire, KOTOR, Stubbs the Zombie). Maybe when I get through those I'll consider signing up.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Same. Even when I don't use it that often, the service is very cheap for a year and it is less of a hassle to just have it available at all times.[/quote]

Exactly. $50 per year is like $4.17 per month which most people can wipe their ass with. It's next to nothing to pay for such an amazing service.

Why are your gamer pics silver? I have one gold and one silver membership and they both appear gold.

[quote name='Esperado']Waiting until XBL is free.[/quote]good luck with that. the only way i see MS making LIVE free is if sony makes a similar service and makes that free.

im good till september :)
i was on silver for a while, $50 for 13 months aint bad.
just buy a year one and u wont have to deal with buying another subscription in awhile.

My membership expired while my 360 was at the MS repair center. Not exactly the best way to inspire me to renew. My one friend that I actually care about playing the 360 online with (the only person I know with a 360 and gold), hasn't been online in over a month, so I'm not really dying without it. I do have a 12 month card lying around; it's just a matter of using when I want.

The problem: MS made silver way too good.

I would never pay retail for the XBL service, though it is worth it...but being that I can get great deals on the 1 year cards....that alone is enough to justify the cost and the ease of XBL gold...even though I find myself seldom playing on Live.

There is a thread in the video game deals forum saying that many walmarts have the live gold packs (with expired bankshot biliards coupons) for $35. That includes 12 months, and a headset, and 200 ms points.

Is that not a good deal or are you guys all waiting for like $5 for 12 months?

[quote name='thrustbucket']There is a thread in the video game deals forum saying that many walmarts have the live gold packs (with expired bankshot biliards coupons) for $35. That includes 12 months, and a headset, and 200 ms points.

Is that not a good deal or are you guys all waiting for like $5 for 12 months?[/quote]

walmart is ymmv and the deal is not here because they don't even have those packs anymore :dunce::dunce::imwithst::boxing::censored::speaktothehand::roll:

I'm paid up through the next 14 months thanks to past deals...when the next deal comes along I'll grab another year or two. Pretty easy to keep your service going for cheap if you stock up when the deals are oon.

Mine is about to expire. I had a full year of XBL, and used it maybe ten times. Massively over-rated, IMO. No doubt it's still by far the best console online service, but it's not what everyone hypes it up to be.

I never had any OMG "experiences," I just kept thinking, "This is what everyone says is so awesome?" I'll stick to my computer for online comunicating with my friends, maybe when video games have more of a robust Myspace-like setup to find friends I'll come back. For now it just felt too hollow and impersonal to me. All you see is a gametag, I want a picture, info about where a fellow gamer is from, their favorite games, age, ect.

I realize most people say that's why you play with only your friends, but none of my friends have an Xbox 360, let alone XBL, and I don't want to have to come on the internet, and troll gaming message boards to meet people when there should be better profiles and matchmaking setups in the console itself for finding, and communicating with other gamers.

Long story short.... I feel that online console gaming still hasn't come quite far enough yet. It needs another few years of improvements, extra features, and streamlining to get me.

The only thing that really seems to get popular on Live is First-Person Shooters. And I hate them. I always thought it was a genre that took little skill and simply wasn't fun compared to other highly competitive games (fighters, shmups).

When a Street Fighter or Guilty Gear game is perfected online, sign me up.

I took advantage of some good deals and I am sold through the next 2 years

Thank you BB for the 20 dollar screw up last year, and thank you Sears for clearancing out the old sets for 10 bucks apiece last year got 4 years from doing this and sold the code from one of them to pay for the other 3 years

[quote name='VipFREAK']Ehh.. ? How so... ?[/QUOTE]
With Live Silver, all of my games are still connected, I still get demos and high score lists. If the system hadn't told me my subscription expired, I probably wouldn't have noticed until I popped Gears of War in to try out the new maps in multi. Now if I didn't have that stuff, I'd use my Gold card in a second.

Is there a list of games you can play multiplayer with silver or something? So, can you play gears without the new maps in silver? Sorry about the 20 questions.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Is there a list of games you can play multiplayer with silver or something? So, can you play gears without the new maps in silver? Sorry about the 20 questions.[/quote]

You can't play online multiplayer with Silver.

I use to play a lot with my friend down in FL and his son on Halo 2 matches, but lately I have been pushing him over to play PC games (DEFCON!!!) and that was a lot of fun hehe. Anyways I will probibly cancel my account at the end of the year subscription because it seems not worth it on the XBOX vs the 360 stuff you can do with it and since I don't have a 360 yet, might as well wait til I get a 360 before continuing as my friend has the 360 and is playing that to death :|

I've been a member since Jan 04 (seeing the commercials for PGR2 and being able to play online is what sold me on the xbox). I've only let it lapse by like a month one time. Even though I sometimes don't always get on (maybe like an hour a week, sad, I know), its nice to know that its there for whenever I decide to hop online. As of right now, my account is good till Xmas day of this year (kinda timed it right for that), so I plan on getting another 12 month card in the next few months.

Just sucks now because I had to send in my 360 today, so I probably won't be getting it back for at least 3 weeks or so. I still have my original xbox, but the fucker is fickle now. Sometimes it'll just freeze, other times it won't boot up, and still other times, I can't eject the tray to put a game in or out. So the pretty much leaves me with my PS2

i think if there were more dedicated servers out there, then playing on live would be so much better. thinking about it, playing on live when it's not co-op isn't as fun as playing bf2 on my pc and i don't think controls are that much of a factor. it's more about player numbers, dedicated servers, and not hearing people bitch and act like dicks.

[quote name='CokeCola']With Live Silver, all of my games are still connected, I still get demos and high score lists. If the system hadn't told me my subscription expired, I probably wouldn't have noticed until I popped Gears of War in to try out the new maps in multi. Now if I didn't have that stuff, I'd use my Gold card in a second.[/QUOTE]

I think Microsoft kind of regrets giving us so much with Silver. I think that's why they've started delaying some free content by a week for Silver members. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset about that at all, I still think we're getting a hell of a deal with Silver.

[quote name='Esperado']Waiting until XBL is free.[/quote]

Enjoy never having it!

I'm not going to cancel. Cheap enough and when I do want it it's just there. Beats the Sony model with 56k users on broadband games along with gamesharks. Socom is horrible now.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I think Microsoft kind of regrets giving us so much with Silver. I think that's why they've started delaying some free content by a week for Silver members. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset about that at all, I still think we're getting a hell of a deal with Silver.[/quote]if they didn't give us silver than they'd probably get less people on to gold then there is now. not to mention silver helps with selling stuff on the market place.

They only began delaying things because they wanted gold people to feel special...I love XBL. I have had it since dec of 2002 when it first came out. The first game i played was crimson skies...I wish they came out with a cs2

I'm getting back my Gold tomorrow when I buy either a 3 month or 12 month sub:bouncy: ....haven't had gold for 3 days and hate it:cry: because I was loving Revenge online:D , that is one reason for the upgrade among others:D

I believe you can play FFX1 online with silver but that's a special case as you have to pay a separate monthly subscription fee to play the game. I'm guessing you'll be able to play any other subscription MMORPGs that come out on the 360 with a silver membership for the same reason.

I've had my 360 for a couple months now and have been a gold subscriber the entire time. I really don't know if I'm going to resubscribe. I've tried playing Gears and found the experience to be either laggy or filled with annoying chatter. I tried Quake 4 and didn't really have that much fun. I don't know, I just might be more of a single player gamer so the benefits of gold don't mean a lot to me.

-Bob

bread's done
Back