Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

[quote name='crunchewy']So if I have 2 xboxes I can download my profile to the second one and it also stays on the first one? If that's true that's pretty cool. I will give it a shot tonight.

I also really wish cloud storage of saved would keep a copy in the HDD too. That seems like a huge oversight. But if it doesn't, then why do games say "Syncing with Cloud Storage" or something like that when I start them up? That makes it sound like it is downloading copy if it's newer.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the "family" another 360 for Christmas to use upstairs with a Kinect, so based on what everyone is saying then I would be able to use my same Live account on both with access to my saves on both? If so that's a fucking godsend.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm getting the "family" another 360 for Christmas to use upstairs with a Kinect, so based on what everyone is saying then I would be able to use my same Live account on both with access to my saves on both? If so that's a fucking godsend.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Just as long as you save on the cloud.

[quote name='praxus07']
This new dash is just a major step backwards, IMHO, and I really can't see myself buying a new xbox game in the near future just because I'm hating turning the box on anymore. I was getting back into playing ME2 right before the new dash went out, but haven't played it since. Haven't played anything in weeks because I hate the new dash so much.[/QUOTE]

As always, you blow it completely out of proportion and sound silly. The new dashboard will not bite your hands or erase your save games. You can still load it up and play games just fine.

I tried voice recognition at someone's house who has a Kinect and found it useless.
(EDIT: it was set up correctly and working, I just find it an impractical gimmick and would rather use a remote or controller.)
On the other hand, I don't see why it requires a $150 camera peripheral....

So when is this update supposed to hit anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Voice recognition usually works great if it's set up properly. In addition to the dashboard and Netflix, it's especially good in Kinect Disneyland Adventures, I've noticed. Dance Central 2's voice commands didn't work very well though.

[quote name='porieux']I tried voice recognition at someone's house who has a Kinect and found it useless.
(EDIT: it was set up correctly and working, I just find it an impractical gimmick and would rather use a remote or controller.)
On the other hand, I don't see why it requires a $150 camera peripheral....

So when is this update supposed to hit anyway?[/QUOTE]
just got an email saying tomorrow

[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']yeah the whole bing thing is like microsoft just reminding us they have a search engine but so far its useless imo[/QUOTE]

I agree, it feels like it should be in a web browser instead of its' own thing. If it were incorporated into each Marketplace and Game, then it'd be good.

Apparently the new Netflix app doesn't have party viewing, and IMO that sucks major. Screw dumb kinect features, bring back party viewing.

[quote name='eastx']As always, you blow it completely out of proportion and sound silly. The new dashboard will not bite your hands or erase your save games. You can still load it up and play games just fine.[/QUOTE]

I'm not blowing it out of porportion. I really can't stand this new dash so much that I just don't want to use my xbox anymore. It's completely ruined the simple functionality of it for me. At this point if I didn't already own a PS3 I'd be trading this in at GS towards getting one, I hate the new dash that much.

[quote name='praxus07']I'm not blowing it out of porportion. I really can't stand this new dash so much that I just don't want to use my xbox anymore. It's completely ruined the simple functionality of it for me. At this point if I didn't already own a PS3 I'd be trading this in at GS towards getting one, I hate the new dash that much.[/QUOTE]

If it bothers you just much why don't you just boot to disc and just use the blades which have remained the same. I do think people will get used to it, and I think it looks really cool. It matches the UI of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7 what I use everyday so I like it alot.

[quote name='xLIHC631x']shooting myself in the foot but i wont be able to download anything with out xbox live gold right?[/QUOTE]

It's available to all users with an internet connected Xbox.

[quote name='Mayday']It's available to all users with an internet connected Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Hmm maybe i'll invest in a adapter for the holidays so i don't have to same dashboard till i can get Gold :ziplip:

[quote name='xLIHC631x']Hmm maybe i'll invest in a adapter for the holidays so i don't have to same dashboard till i can get Gold :ziplip:[/QUOTE]

If I had a 48 hour code I'd give to it ya but I gave my last one to a CAG yesterday. I wouldn't recommend buying an expensive adapter just for this update, maybe just take your xbox to your router and update as it takes little time to do so.

10 AM eastern, I think Major Nelson said (on twitter).

Never mind - was looking at the previous page, LOL. Answer in detail is above ^

Actually, MN just tweeted that the release has been delayed a bit, so it won't be 10 eastern.

majornelson: FYI: The timing for Xbox 360 dashboard update has been slightly delayed. I’ll have a status update later today

[quote name='xLIHC631x']Hmm maybe i'll invest in a adapter for the holidays so i don't have to same dashboard till i can get Gold :ziplip:[/QUOTE]

You could always download the update from the site; burn it to a cd, and install it like that. That's what I did way back in the day when I didn't have broadband. I'm positive you can still do it that way.

[quote name='Mayday']If I had a 48 hour code I'd give to it ya but I gave my last one to a CAG yesterday. I wouldn't recommend buying an expensive adapter just for this update, maybe just take your xbox to your router and update as it takes little time to do so.[/QUOTE]

That a better idea then the adapter! can't believe i didn't think about that

[quote name='xLIHC631x']That a better idea then the adapter! can't believe i didn't think about that[/QUOTE]

No problem!

[quote name='Techsticles']I really hope the new Netflix app has subtitle support.[/QUOTE]

You and me both, brother. I was watching a film with Jean Reno a couple days ago and couldn't figure out about half of what he was saying.

I'm so glad this update is coming later in the day for the east coast. I'd hate to download an update without all the kids home from school and most people home from work. I mean, what good is downloading an update if it doesn't take the rest of your day?

[quote name='Dezuria']Update was supposed to hit NY at 10:00, it's 12:30 and still nothing.[/QUOTE]

From Major Nelson's twitter.

FYI: The timing for Xbox 360 dashboard update has been slightly delayed. I’ll have a status update later today

We are still working to get the release out. Stay tuned, we’ll have an update this afternoon (PT) on when it will begin rolling out.

http://twitter.com/#!/majornelson

[quote name='goszzy']subtitle support is working now that the netflix app was updated.[/QUOTE]

Is it a new option in the Netflix app (do you have to manually choose the subtitles)? So curious about this...

They removed the party view option? I only used it once, but maybe others willl be more upset by it.

Netflix looks like a hot mess, but subtitles are nice. Damn Cox Cable in my area won't allow me to stream Epix. Still no official download yet though

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Well it seems to indicate unforseen problems with this update, with this delay.

You know MS. They are never on time.[/QUOTE]

Actually they normally are.

[quote name='shieryda']Thanks to the beta teststers for updating us.[/QUOTE]

Technically, we can't tell you how it is until it gets released. But by that time, you'll know what's good and bad about it.

I wonder if they will have Auto Standby working in this update?

They claimed to have added this feature in the Spring Update but I have never been able to find out how to activate it.

I have mixed feelings about the Netflix update to tie in with the new dashboard. While they finally added CC and 5.1, and the on screen menus look way better, the navigation has taken a hit. The Kinect implementation is far from being as smooth as the dashboard, and this affects using the controller too.

Does anyone know if this happens only when running the beta?

[quote name='joseraul']I have mixed feelings about the Netflix update to tie in with the new dashboard. While they finally added CC and 5.1, and the on screen menus look way better, the navigation has taken a hit. The Kinect implementation is far from being as smooth as the dashboard, and this affects using the controller too.

Does anyone know if this happens only when running the beta?[/QUOTE]

Are you just talking about performance or the way the interface works?

I will be happy not to have that damn Xbox logo in the lower right corner burning into my plasma any more. That was really stupid of M$.

[quote name='joseraul']I have mixed feelings about the Netflix update to tie in with the new dashboard. While they finally added CC and 5.1, and the on screen menus look way better, the navigation has taken a hit. The Kinect implementation is far from being as smooth as the dashboard, and this affects using the controller too.

Does anyone know if this happens only when running the beta?[/QUOTE]

did they add the ability to watch a foreign film without the shitty american dub?

bread's done
Back