XBox Live Gold 12 Month Card $39.99 Shipped Amazon

Oxygen

CAGiversary!
Amazon has 12 month XBox Live Gold Cards (12 month) for $39.99 eligible for Prime and Super Saver Shipping. Unfortunately, the online code is $50. If this has already been posted, mods please delete.

Link to deal

Someone please explain to me why is Xbox Live better than the Free PSN?

i have both but never tried Live because of it not being free like PSN. and not to mention it seems too confusing to buy a card to play Live. What is Live? get free game DL?

[quote name='LegacyGamer']Someone please explain to me why is Xbox Live better than the Free PSN?

i have both but never tried Live because of it not being free like PSN. and not to mention it seems too confusing to buy a card to play Live. What is Live? get free game DL?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it is necessarily better than PSN, but since you are paying for the service, MS is able to keep their servers up and have better servers while PSN has to occasional maintenance checks and downtimes. Otherwise, it's still the same to me. Have both and I'd rather just have Live free lol. And you don't really get anything free either, if you have PSN+, then PSN+ is actually better because you get free stuff from there.

The main difference for me between live and psn is psn downloads are far slower than live. I buy games on psn and it can take up to an hour to download the game on the exact same connection that my xbox live is on which the longest download for me is about 10 minutes with most being far quicker than that.

[quote name='BinaryTB']Online code for $39.99? No brainer, why even get the card?[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone wants to give the card as a gift?

Never even realized the code was on sale too. Canceled the card, ordered the code, and realized I had a $10 promo towards it. Had to look back to a promo last year where I got RB3/RDR and had a $10 promo code towards the 12-month code only.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='DK745']Never even realized the code was on sale too. Canceled the card, ordered the code, and realized I had a $10 promo towards it. Had to look back to a promo last year where I got RB3/RDR and had a $10 promo code towards the 12-month code only.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Same with me. I got it with Mass Effect 2 on a lightning deal for $10 and it came with the $10 off XBL so $30 for a year is great especially on an online code.

[quote name='LegacyGamer']Someone please explain to me why is Xbox Live better than the Free PSN?

i have both but never tried Live because of it not being free like PSN. and not to mention it seems too confusing to buy a card to play Live. What is Live? get free game DL?[/QUOTE]

Several. Exclusive Gold deals (normally weekly arcade games at high discounts). Then you have the cross game party chat available, which is always fun. Multiple apps like Free FM, Netflix (also on PSN), Hulu, HBO Go, and Fios channels (or other cable providers) helping save money on a cable box if you had one for a side tv (like I do for my gaming TV so it saves me $12 a month on the cable bill)

Thanks for the heads up. I had a $10 promotional credit in my account all year long, and I could never figure out what it would apply to... turns out it was only for a 12-month online Xbox Live Gold code!

[quote name='addicted2games']The main difference for me between live and psn is psn downloads are far slower than live. I buy games on psn and it can take up to an hour to download the game on the exact same connection that my xbox live is on which the longest download for me is about 10 minutes with most being far quicker than that.[/QUOTE]

Im glad im not the only one...PSN is sooooooo slow for me compared to Xbox live. I dont even bother downloading anything off PSN during the day, i just leave it on at night to download while i sleep lol

OOS for the online code. Hope they get some more in stock before the end of the year since I have a $10 promo credit that needs to be used!

[quote name='Taros']OOS for the online code. Hope they get some more in stock before the end of the year since I have a $10 promo credit that needs to be used![/QUOTE]

Why not just get the card with FSSS?

Also, the code says in stock for me.

[quote name='Taros']OOS for the online code. Hope they get some more in stock before the end of the year since I have a $10 promo credit that needs to be used![/QUOTE]

Yep, in stock now. Also had the $10 code that's been sitting in my account forever so 29.99 sounded good to me.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']wow they raised the fucking price on the online code and i was gonna use the 10 dollar promo fuck why did i wait :([/QUOTE]

The online code is back to 39.99

[quote name='NineH']The online code is back to 39.99[/QUOTE]

nice!!!!!!! thanks for letting me know in for one. not sure if i should get two at this price..:lol:

for those of you who bought the code from amazon, was there a checkout screen to make sure that the credit applied? or once you click, you already bought it?

[quote name='wowimsocute']for those of you who bought the code from amazon, was there a checkout screen to make sure that the credit applied? or once you click, you already bought it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a checkout screen that shows the credit applied after you enter your credit card number.

Just so you guys know the physical card is still 39.99 it's just the default seller isnt currently Amazon. (Happens often) anyway if you need a physical card just select amazon from the available new sellers.

Bought the online code and used a $10 coupon I got for Christmas shopping there so I renewed next year for $29.99. Sweet!

bread's done
Back