Xbox Live Gold deals?

You missed the sale, today at 8 pt ebay had a sale for $30 for 12 months. There were only 3,000 out there so alot of people missed out. I would suggest that you wait a week for those people to get theirs because i heard many ordered multiple ones and just pay the increase they charge most likely what you said $35

Or you could always purchase off of newegg.com for $39.99 with free shipping. Not a terrible deal if you can wait for shipping. I've never had a problem with newegg and they've got good customer service.

Edit: It's usually is about 3-5 days on free shipping from what I remember.

My friend went to Walmart earlier and bought a 3 month card for the both of us. He paid the standard $20 each. After we entered the codes, both cards came up as 12 month codes instead of 3 month codes. I've even got the confirmation email saying I now have 12 months of Gold. He got 2 years of Xbox Live for $40. This would obviously be very YMMV.

Best that I can figure, a batch of 12 month codes got printed onto 3 month cards.

Was just on Amazon,warehouse deals section guaranteed by Amazon seller has 12 month card for $26.99 free ship.Listed as "used" but I've gotten stuff that was actually new,but didn't meet Amazons "new" criteria(anti virus sub codes w/out retail box for example)Says shrink wrapped but wrinkled,thought someone might be interested since its amazon guaranteed.Just got one at buy.com or I'd try it.

Yeah, that's the only one I've found as well. Forty bucks is better than $50, but I'd like to find it cheaper.

(SOLD)

i have a 12 month card that im willing to sell for $30 (will PM code). paypal only. i dont have any active trades here but 100% feedback on 14 sales on ebay. my ID there is the same: dc_fortythree. PM me if youre interested.

(SOLD)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I did the $1 renewal deal they have going. $12 for a year is pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]
That $1 only pays for 1 month. It will auto-renew at $8, so you better stop the auto-renew before it charges you big-time. Either go to Account Management at live.xbox.com (easy way) or call Xbox's hotline (difficult way) to turn off auto-renew.

Gah...Not sure how I missed this, but my Gold subscription expires July 1 (I assume this means Wed. night at midnight). I know there were several deals in the $30 - $35 range recently, but the best deal I can find currently is Amazon for $37. But even with two-day PRIME, won't get here in time.

Are there any one-month deals running right now that I could take advantage of while I hold out for a cheap 12-month deal? Also need to re-up my wife, whose subscription lapsed recently, I believe (she doesn't play very often).

[quote name='Tybee']Gah...Not sure how I missed this, but my Gold subscription expires July 1 (I assume this means Wed. night at midnight). I know there were several deals in the $30 - $35 range recently, but the best deal I can find currently is Amazon for $37. But even with two-day PRIME, won't get here in time.

Are there any one-month deals running right now that I could take advantage of while I hold out for a cheap 12-month deal? Also need to re-up my wife, whose subscription lapsed recently, I believe (she doesn't play very often).[/QUOTE]

What do you think is going to happen if your account reverts to Silver . . . even for just 48 - 72 hours? :whistle2:?

[quote name='TXboxGuY']What do you think is going to happen if your account reverts to Silver . . . even for just 48 - 72 hours? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Well, I'd rather not lose my uninterrupted years subscribed number. But yeah, it's not that big a deal when you get down to it.

I do have a $5 Best Buy GC, so I think I'll just use that toward a 1-month card tomorrow and then jump on the next 12-month deal to come down the pipe.

[quote name='Tybee']Well, I'd rather not lose my uninterrupted years subscribed number. But yeah, it's not that big a deal when you get down to it.

I do have a $5 Best Buy GC, so I think I'll just use that toward a 1-month card tomorrow and then jump on the next 12-month deal to come down the pipe.[/QUOTE]

I don't think your years subscribe number would reset. My number just went up to 3 recently and I started my LIVE Gold account in Dec. 2006. In 2008 I reverted to Silver and used some 1 month codes and about 50+ 48-hour codes. I was Silver off and on for months.

I think your # would just go on hold. It just wouldn't be displayed on your Silver gamercard, of course.

So the number really isn't uninterrupted years Gold but rather total number of years Gold for that account/Gamertag. :)

Uhhhh . . . and another thing, I thought MS stopped producing 1-month cards some time ago. :whistle2:?

Edit: Since I've yet to revert to SILVER since they started the "tenure" displayed on the gamercard. I found this link. http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=972162&lcid=1033&category=xboxlive

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tybee']Gah...Not sure how I missed this, but my Gold subscription expires July 1 (I assume this means Wed. night at midnight). I know there were several deals in the $30 - $35 range recently, but the best deal I can find currently is Amazon for $37.[/QUOTE]I had a weird experience buying a 12 month card from Amazon yesterday- I went on and saw it listed at $37. I knew my wife was planning on ordering a few things later in the day, so I figured I'd just have her add the card to her order. When she went on about an hour later, the 12 month card was showing as $42.99, so I told her to forget it. Ten minutes later, I guess she checked it again, and it came up as $34.54. When she added it to the cart, it showed as $42.99 again, so she emptied the cart, went back to the card's page, re-added it to the cart, and finally got it for $34.54. Bizarre.

BTW, that's what it's currently listed at now: $34.54, for anyone interested.

I'm selling a 1 year code (it goes for MSRP $60) for $40 shipped. I will send you the code via PM, and the physical card via snail mail as well.

bread's done
Back