XBOX LIVE Gold Family Pack is Gone!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
The Gold Family Pack has divorced from Xbox Live. Following a couple of tips indicating the pack had disappeared earlier this month, we reached out to Microsoft who confirmed the offer was removed from its service.

"The Family Gold offer is no longer available for purchase," a Microsoft representative told us. "The Family Center experience with settings management, allowance granting, child activity reports and family subscriptions management are still available for current Family Gold members at this time."
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/08/gold-family-pack-leaves-the-xbox-live-nest/

Wish they would have warned us ahead of time, mines do to expire soon :\

ATTENTION!

my family plan expired today, a couple hours early of when it was supposed to actually, and I contacted customer care through the website chat. after going nowhere with the first rep despite her wanting to help, I asked to be sent to a supervisor. he had the capacity to reactivate my Family pack since I had added 2 years to my account (using the trick most of us know for the family plan) and since my membership had literally just ended a few hours prior. he did mention that if you CURRENTLY have a Xbox Live Family pack, that you will still renew to it if you have autorenew set.
ALSO, if you want to continue to use the 24 month trick to get the family plan cheap you can, just kick a plan member (not the main account) add 2 years to them, and readd them. the 2 years bumps the family plan up to a full year from when you readded them. be careful NOT to let your membership expire or to cancel it.
he also alluded that this weekend would be the LAST TIME that supervisors could reactivate the family pack. so YMMV if you have to contact customer care.
I asked him a lot of question and if you have any post em and I will do my best to use what he told me to help. He was even the one who said the loophole with the two 1 year membership cards would work later on to extend the family plan, so I know hes a CAG like us.

I must say really shady move on Microsoft's part by not announcing this or at least emailing subscribers. Mine is due to auto-renew on Sunday, let's hope it does otherwise I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

I was able to do the "remove - add gold - add back to family" trick to extend my family gold to January 2014. I don't think I want to extend beyond that point though.

Well that sucks. :( Having to pay for 3x Gold accounts is ridiculous. Fortunately we are still Family Gold, but I wonder if they won't pull the rug out from under us later on.

I guess I need to turn autorenew back on, just to be safe. Maybe this is their scheme for getting our credit cards stored again. LOL.

bread's done
Back