XBOX live in Asia?

revivalizt

CAG Veteran
got a major question burning in my head all this time...

does xbox live work in asia (Bali)? say if I bring my xbox360 for summer vacation then connect it to local wi-fi?

can I play the XBLA fine?

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live/countries.htm

[quote name='Xbox.com']
Below is the list of countries/regions where the LIVE service is supported. Game features that require the LIVE service are only available in these countries/regions. If your country/region is not on the list, please check back with us soon—we expand our services frequently and may be coming to your country/region in the near future.

• Australia: International English
  • Austria: German
  • Belgium: Dutch, French
  • Canada: English, French
  • Denmark: Danish
  • Finland: Finnish
  • France: French
  • Germany: German
  • Hong Kong: Traditional Chinese, English
  • India: English
  • Ireland: International English
  • Italy: Italian
  • Japan: Japanese
  • Korea: Korean
  • Mexico: Spanish
  • Netherlands: Dutch
  • New Zealand: International English
  • Norway: Norwegian
  • Portugal: Portuguese
  • Singapore: International English
  • Spain: Spanish
  • Sweden: Swedish
  • Switzerland: German, French
  • Taiwan: Traditional Chinese
  • United Kingdom: International English
  • United States: English

[/QUOTE]

Never thought someone else would actually want to know this information let alone ask it on these boards.

I spent most of 2007 in Jakarta Indonesia and I can tell you from first hand experience, XBL sucks in Indonesia. The biggest problem is Indonesia's connection to the rest of the world. It is super small and heavily trafficked. If you can get a connection to XBL you'll be lucky if you can actually get into an online game. Bali would probably have a worse connection than Jakarta since Bali is more of a vacation spot and not a bristling technology hub. Bali is also further away from the international cables that come into the country.

I would recommend leaving your 360 at home. Bali is an amazing place and really needs to be appreciated without any technological distractions. I doubt you will be flying to Bali often enough to make it a trivial experience.

sorry, I'm still confused..

does that mean all the xbox live arcades I purchased wouldn't work? NOT that I need to play with people online.. but would I be able to play them? or are they going to be converted to "trial" ..since I need connection to validate my xbox live profile?

bread's done
Back