XBox Live Marketplace Black Friday discounts (must be Gold XBL member)

KaneRobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Courtesy of Major Nelson's site:

If you live in the US, you know that the day after Thanksgiving is (for better or worse) called Black Friday. Along with many of your favorite stores, the Xbox LIVE Marketplace is also having a Black Friday sales event…and we’re actually stretching it through the weekend. Starting this Friday Gold Members located in the US can save on select Marketplace Offers. Here is the complete list of items, including the discount and savings in MS Points:

Name / Original Price / Black Friday Price

Arcade titles:

Rez HD 800 | 500
Arkadian Warriors 800 | 500
Assault Heroes 400 | 250
Catan 800 | 500
Brain Challenge 800 | 500
Boogie Bunnies 800 | 500
Golf: Tee It Up! 800 | 500

DLC:

GH3 Metallica “Death Magnetic” Full Album 1440 | 1000
Forza – March Car Pack 400 | 250
Crackdown – Getting Busy Bonus Pack 800 | 500
Rock Band All That Remains Pack 01 440 | 290
Lips – The Remedy (Jason Mraz) 160 | 100

Themes:

Gears of War 2 – Last Day 250 | 180
Sonic Unleashed 250 | 180
Castle Crashers Premium Theme 250 | 180

The sale starts Friday morning and will run through Sunday evening. These special prices will be available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members in the US only. The new prices will be updated on Friday morning when the sale kicks in.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/11/26/xbox-live-marketplace-black-friday-sale.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the DC version of Rez. Is it worth it at 500 points? Yes, my DC is still hooked up, along with xbox 1, xbox 360, ps3, and wii.

I just ordered a 360, should be delivered Monday or Tuesday - just in time for me to miss out on these. I'm getting Catan stat regardless of price which sucks. I'd also be up for Rez seeing as how well it's talked about here and that its Wiki entry talks about a "sex toy add-on".

[quote name='retromufc']Those are both good points, I am going to try the 48 hour code and then I will make another account if it don't work. Thanks for the advice.[/quote]

Let us know if that works. I likely have some 48 hour card codes sitting around that I could post for others who might want to use them for this sale if you can get it to work.

IMO Sony>MS in the BF battle. Of course MS points can be purchased at a discount price which makes it a closer call IMO.

[quote name='mxyzplik']I just ordered a 360, should be delivered Monday or Tuesday - just in time for me to miss out on these. I'm getting Catan stat regardless of price which sucks. I'd also be up for Rez seeing as how well it's talked about here and that its Wiki entry talks about a "sex toy add-on".[/QUOTE]

You should be able to buy them online via the (new) marketplace you can access via your PC.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I have the DC version of Rez. Is it worth it at 500 points? Yes, my DC is still hooked up, along with xbox 1, xbox 360, ps3, and wii.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. I have the DC and PS2 versions.. Is the HD version that much better?

Wow, does no one else here play Rock Band? I'm excited as hell for the All That Remains DLC. I'll probably pick up rez if i can.

[quote name='Zaggart']I'm in the same boat. I have the DC and PS2 versions.. Is the HD version that much better?[/QUOTE]

In short: absolutely, especially for $5. It's an amazing experience even compared to the original game, the ability to use 360 controllers as secondary rumble sources and 5.1 surround sound alone made the experience far more engrossing. If you ever have some casual friends that don't play many videogames over at your place, stick 3 extra Xbox 360 controllers into the cushions of your couch and have them watch or play Rez. It's a surprisingly fun activity :D

The fact that it runs in HD at 60FPS (DC version was 30FPS while PS2 was 60 but at a lower resolution) is just icing on the cake.

Is the Crackdown DLC the pack that added the 350 achievement points to boost it to 1250? I am going to play this game someday (If I can quit playing the new releases) and I'll bite now if its worth it.

I wish there were more sales (and PA Episode 1 drops to $15) since I have a bunch of points but I feel the prices are too high on a lot of items.

PSN, on the other hands, has the right idea - Eden/echochrome/Last guy for $5 each!

[quote name='Justin42']No kidding. I guess if MS doesn't want my money, that's fine. My attitude towards MS isn't helped by my 360 being in for repair now (I know I could buy online but I'd have to go Gold first anyway).

I'd be tempted to pick up Rez for that price but everything else is pretty blah. It's like they saw Sony's fall PSN sale and quickly threw something together.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. I was going to buy a few things, but now I can't/won't. Some of these companies could have used the sales from us Silver members. Unfortunately they won't get them.

I just reverted back to Silver this week and am not going to resub. I hate having to pay another fee to unlock online multiplayer features in my $60 games. Basically, no 360 game that you purchase has online multiplayer standard in it. You have to actually pay extra to unlock that feature by purchasing Live Gold. It's reminiscent of DLC where the material is actually in the games already but you need to buy the key for it on the marketplace to access it. Lame.

Live became free on the PC because PC gamers laughed at Microsoft and refused to pay for it. Xbox gamers have to pay. Meanwhile, PS3 guys don't have to worry about this sort of stuff, everyone is equal and multiplayer in games is free to all. And game demos are immediately available to everyone, as are sales, etc. There is no segregation or caste system.

But I digress...

Damn, just bought Rez yesterday. Oh well. I remember when Rez was going for over $80 on the PS2. I went to TRU during their B2G1 sale and cleaned them out. They didn't even have any on their shelves (and didn't know what they had in their inventory until I asked them, "Do you have Rez?")

As a huge Catan fan, I think I will jump on that deal!

[quote name='kidrocklive']My only beef with Rez is that I heard it's ungodly short, like the demo is like 1/5th of the game or osmethint like that if i'm not mistaken[/QUOTE]

It's not a game you play to beat, it's a game you play to master.

will probably pick up Rez HD.

is the crackdown DLC worth it? had a blast playing through the game and it's fun to pick up every now and then. anybody even play online anymore?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']will probably pick up Rez HD.

is the crackdown DLC worth it? had a blast playing through the game and it's fun to pick up every now and then. anybody even play online anymore?[/QUOTE]

The DLC is worth it, if you are going to play the game alot. If you're not going to play it that often, you may just want to skip it. I personally can't go back to playing Crackdown without the pack now, but I don't play it that much anymore, so it's 50-50.

Anyway, I'll probably be in for Catan and Arkadian Warriors. I wish I waited on buying the CC theme, just bought it about 3 days ago.

For anyone that doesn't have A.H., it's well worth the 250 points once you get into it, and also Rez HD is more then worth the 500.

Woot, time to buy Rez HD again. Agree completely with everyone on Assault Heroes - that's such a fun game, and 400 was cheap enough - 250 is just rediculous. Catan looks like a solid grab at that price...does anyone know if there's much on an online community anymore for it?

I saw some reviews for Golf and thought it'd be a good 400 purchase...so I might snag it at 500. Does anyone own this and like it? I just really want a decent Hot Shots Golf clone.

Sweet, will be getting metallica! & Rez. man awesome, let the gamez being!!!! im going to be soo buzy this black friday. lol

In for REZ and Golf. Maybe even Brain games. or some cheap ass community games.

Is this the only XBLA sale during the christmas season or will there be others?

[quote name='Nelo Ice']u can buy off the online marketplace
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/[/quote]

Thanks, I didn't know you could do that. My 360 is out for repair so this greatly helps.

Wasn't familiar with some of these games and after checking them out I will be picking up Arkadian Warriors and Assault Heroes and maybe
Golf.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']If you don't have REZ, that's a must buy price.

I'm in for Arkadian Warriors (loved the demo but $10 was too much), the Death Magnetic album, and maybe Catan.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'll be picking up a bunch of the games I've held off on, including Arkadian Warriors. The funny part is that if a sequel was release at 800 pts, I'd probably grab it no questions asked. The wonder of making most of the DLC games 1200-1600 now. :whistle2:/

[quote name='integralsmatic']cant believe im going to miss out on Rez and Crackdown content. Why did my xbox have to kick the bucket now![/quote]

You could always but it through xbox.com tommorow.

[quote name='retromufc']Those are both good points, I am going to try the 48 hour code and then I will make another account if it don't work. Thanks for the advice.[/quote]

Well let us know if the 48 hour code works. My gold just expired at the beginning of the month. I really don't want to pay a month for gold just to get a discount on Assault Heroes. Granted I could use the 1 month I got with GTA IV but it's labeled as a trial as well so I have no idea if that would work or not.

I finally bought the Metallica album. Been waiting for it to drop. Never thought it would. I have it in my queue pending as I bought it from within World Tour for 1000 points. I am hoping it is only waiting as other people are in the queue before me. I have never bought any titles from within the World Tour game. If I try to exit the software it tells me that it will not be added to my set.

Anyone know if the software will update if I exit World Tour and come back in later?

Awesome, just picked up Rez HD after having the trial on my harddrive since...it was released, actually. Well spent 500 points, and I didn't even notice until now that you could actually buy points in incriments of 500.

[quote name='munch']With the new NXE update, can we buy these online and download them later?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can.

[quote name='integralsmatic']cant believe im going to miss out on Rez and Crackdown content. Why did my xbox have to kick the bucket now![/quote]
You can buy it online at Xbox.com's marketplace.

[quote name='wwfward']Worms was 400 points as well but its not listed.[/quote]

Worms has been 400 points for a few weeks now. It's an Arcade Hit now.

MS is so cheap. if i can get to the gamestop or some other store to buy some points then i might get rez or assault heroes but i feel like for $50 a year they should be giving us games

[quote name='solidus_00']Well let us know if the 48 hour code works. My gold just expired at the beginning of the month. I really don't want to pay a month for gold just to get a discount on Assault Heroes. Granted I could use the 1 month I got with GTA IV but it's labeled as a trial as well so I have no idea if that would work or not.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would like to know if trails work as well. I have a few around here, but I have heard that they won't work. Nothing concrete though.

If they do, I'd buy a few things for sure.

bread's done
Back