Xbox Live Point Cards and Gold Subscriptions on Sale at Amazon

Gah, Now I need to stop myself from buying the points. Don't rationalize it, don't rationalize it....

Decent deal, points cards can appear for $15 from time to time but this isn't bad, especially with prime for 1600 or normal free shipping for 4000

This, their deal on the Elites, and the $40 off $200 purchases at Circuit City... I'm thinking now might be the time for me to jump and buy a 360.

w00t, Rockband buying spree incoming! Been waiting to buy The Cars album, now I have no excuse.

Thanks op.

1600 point cards are a slightly better deal - 159.70 for 16000 points - as opposed to 4000 points - 159.88 for 16000 points

[quote name='mitch079']1600 point cards are a slightly better deal - 159.70 for 16000 points - as opposed to 4000 points - 159.88 for 16000 points[/QUOTE]

4000 is more convenient for getting free shipping (i guess you could buy 2 1600s) and for entry... and i think i'll be fine paying 4 cents more.

Question for a new 360 owner.

I haven't activated the gold trial membership with my console yet, but I really don't plan on playing online much (I have a Silver account). How do these memberships work? For example, if I get a 12 month membership, as soon as I activate it via LIVE, each day that passes does that count against the membership? Or does MS monitor hour-periods of when you are actually on LIVE?

[quote name='mitch079']1600 point cards are a slightly better deal - 159.70 for 16000 points - as opposed to 4000 points - 159.88 for 16000 points[/QUOTE]

Saw the same thing. Also they are running the Bill me later promo for $5off/$25 so you can buy 2 1600 points cards to met that threshold and you pay like $.008 a point which would be equal to a $33.75 4000 point card

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Question for a new 360 owner.

I haven't activated the gold trial membership with my console yet, but I really don't plan on playing online much (I have a Silver account). How do these memberships work? For example, if I get a 12 month membership, as soon as I activate it via LIVE, each day that passes does that count against the membership? Or does MS monitor hour-periods of when you are actually on LIVE?[/QUOTE]
Each day counts against you regardless of usage.

[quote name='zenintrude']4000 is more convenient for getting free shipping (i guess you could buy 2 1600s) and for entry... and i think i'll be fine paying 4 cents more.[/quote]

That's true, great observation though. There should be a better incentive then just easier to input on the more expensive cards.

Anyways, thanks for posting op. I think I'll be in for a 1600 pts card. It's too hard to pass up :hot:

[quote name='kklems']Each day counts against you regardless of usage.[/quote]

I figured as much...one thing that makes me wish I would get a PS3.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I figured as much...one thing that makes me wish I would get a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Wow... no... just wow. Once you play on XBL and understand the difference between what you get on live v. what you get on PSN, there is no comparison.

[quote name='ddrpower']Gah, Now I need to stop myself from buying the points. Don't rationalize it, don't rationalize it....

Decent deal, points cards can appear for $15 from time to time but this isn't bad, especially with prime for 1600 or normal free shipping for 4000[/QUOTE]

Tax in my state makes the Amazon deal actually BETTER (by about .5/card, but still!)... even though I'm sitting on some cards, I'm cracking.

[quote name='Marat']Just wanted to let everyone know that 2 people who reviewed 3 Month Gold Card Bundle $23.96 on Amazon say that it comes with a 400 point card, not 100.
So that's a great deal there.
Anyone know which Xbox Live Arcade is included?[/quote]
Good find...I might pick that up just for the pts and sell the card separately (I only need ~400 pts for a name change)

EDIT: never mind, it's not that good of a deal actually.

Thanks for posting this deal, and thanks to CheapyD for putting it on the front page. Man, did that "Summer of Fun" or whatever August was called killed my massive spacebucks stash! And just in time for Rock Band 2 and the Moving Pictures DLC! (Any chance of "The Trees (CAGaoke remix)" DLC?)

Don't have any money, must not click... Huh? How'd that live sub get added to my shopping cart? An order has been placed?! Oh well, might as well keep it then...

Does anybody else have an estimated shipping date of September 24? I recently moved and now whenever I order from Amazon, it always takes a few extra days to even get out the door. Maybe it's because I'm really close to a distribution center? Because when it does ship, it usually gets here next day (w/ the free shipping).

[quote name='plucas']Does anybody else have an estimated shipping date of September 24? I recently moved and now whenever I order from Amazon, it always takes a few extra days to even get out the door. Maybe it's because I'm really close to a distribution center? Because when it does ship, it usually gets here next day (w/ the free shipping).[/quote]

I've got prime so that is my estimated delivery date.

Nice deal especially since I already had a bill me later account set up. Got two 1600 point cards for $26.94 without leaving my recliner and avoided the 10%+ sales tax here in the Chicago, IL area.

Awesome, I've been meaning to pick up Castle Crashers and now I can get it a little cheaper. Procrastination is helpful for once.

[quote name='lovemetal626']is it a better deal to get the 4000 card or three 1600 cards?[/QUOTE]

it's a matter of 6 cents, so you make the call.

I got three 1600 point cards instead of the 4000 because I feel like it is a better deal by virtue of the fact that they rarely go on sale. so if you are in that price range the extra 5 or 6 bucks is worth the 800 more points.

[quote name='souleman96']I got three 1600 point cards instead of the 4000 because I feel like it is a better deal by virtue of the fact that they rarely go on sale. so if you are in that price range the extra 5 or 6 bucks is worth the 800 more points.[/QUOTE]

it's actually an extra $8 over the price of the 4000 point card... the point to dollar ratio is so close, it does not matter.

all that matters is how many points you want.

I had a question about the points cards... Do they expire? I don't have a 360 yet (school/work crunch), but I was thinking about buying some points for later on.

[quote name='evyrew']I had a question about the points cards... Do they expire? I don't have a 360 yet (school/work crunch), but I was thinking about buying some points for later on.[/QUOTE]

in short: no

in long: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[edit] this will never get old... oh, there. it just got old.

bread's done
Back