Xbox LIVE Refer Program for Free Members

Darklurkr23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Anyone else get the email from Xbox about free points/games/LIVE for referring people? I'm thinking we can just get a big forum together of people refering each other to get points and free games for the referers and referees.

Btw today's prize is 400 points. (yesterday's was THE MAW)

Any takers upgrading to GOLD?

https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/referafriend/

Best Way I could think to make this even would be to have someone post who is Gold-Ing and 1st person to PM gets the referral?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you receive a token to redeem the points, or are they added directly to your account? I'd definitely sign up under you if you started a conga. I needed to rephrase because I don't have a qualifying Gold subscription

I'd be intersted in a conga line as well. It depends if it is worth paying full price for Gold though and getting a bonus or just buying a gold card on sale for $35 somewhere.

Well anyone who is going gold can messege me on XBL (i'm online now) at thereefernander. We'll both get the 400PTS as the OP said, which is equivelant to $5.

Yea basically I can't think of how this would work. But it's not like they say there is a limit.

WHO"S UPGRADING? GIve me a PM cause I want us to both get THE MAW (Now it's the Maw for me? )

*Edit: Another thing, are you guys getting different rewards on each click of "refer a friend"? Cause I just did it for a buddy and I got the 400 page. NOw I have The Maw page with 4 slots remaining.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Btw today's prize is 400 points. (yesterday's was THE MAW)[/url][/QUOTE]
Hmm...when I visit page it still shows The Maw as the current incentive. :whistle2:?

EDIT: Read your edit and refreshed page. Now showing 400 MSP as the referral reward.

The reward changes daily, typically between the maw, 400 points and a month of live. I imagine the person subscribing has to buy at least a month, through xbox.com, which is $10. And the game they give you so that you can play with your friend who now has gold doesn't have multi-player. Theoretically the Maw is the best deal of the 3.

Anybody knows if the sign up page they get directed into also has a "redeem code" option? Or is paying by credit the only option here.
Considering you can usually get Gold for much cheaper in other places, I doubt any of my silver friends would jump on this if it's credit only.

I'd refer one of them to just check this myself, but I'm waiting for the 600 MSP offer to show up, only getting the 400 one.

Wasn't aware of a 600 point offer. Is that today's reward?

No, unfortunately the Silver account is required subscribe via credit card. Out of curiosity I send two referrals to myself yesterday. Here's an excerpt from the fine print:
Refer-A-Friend offer disclaimer: Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE subscription offer from Microsoft (non-Gold and trial Gold members only). Limit one (1) per account. To qualify for this offer, you must purchase a 2-month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription from one of the links in this e- within 30 days from the date marked in the timestamp which appears in the header of this email. Microsoft Points will be sent to the e-mail address tied to your Xbox LIVE account within 60 days of upgrading. Microsoft is not responsible for any late, misdirected or non-delivered e-mails, or for any technical malfunctions that may occur. Microsoft Points must be used by June 30, 2012. After the first 2 months, this membership auto-renews monthly at the then current price (subject to change) until you cancel. You may cancel at any time. For cancellation info, call 1-800-4MY-XBOX or see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. This offer expires within 30 days from the date marked in the timestamp which appears in the header of this email. Offer is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other offers. Discount cannot be applied to previously purchased subscriptions.
That's what I figured, but I'd kinda hoped to treat some Silver members to pre-paid Gold in return for the rewards. ;) Btw, these are the actual offers they sent:

Get 1 month of Xbox LIVE Gold for $9.99 and get 1 month for FREE + 400 points ($14.99 value)!

Get 3 months of Xbox LIVE Gold for $9.99 (67% savings) and get a free Multiplayer Arcade game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will upgrading using a 2 day code work??? meaning will i get reward for upgrading using 2 day as will my referrer?

[quote name='bfett9']Will upgrading using a 2 day code work??? meaning will i get reward for upgrading using 2 day as will my referrer?[/QUOTE]

Ya this will not work.

I can't load the website. I keeps directing me to join xbox live when I'm already signed in with my gold account. I want to refer my fiancee.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Wow, this has essentially turned into a garbage thread. Why is this in the other deals/requests section? Should be under referral section...[/QUOTE]

yuuuup. Just newbies whoring out their referrals

bread's done
Back