Xbox Live renewal - odd question

PlumeNoir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been going through the posts here and FAQs on MS, but I can't find any good answer.

I signed up for Live for the first time last Feburary, using my debit card, for a full year of Gold. I got my renewal email a couple weeks ago and, since I have had my debit card replaced since then, I just went to Best Buy and found a prepaid card (for the extra month of Live, plus RZ points).

Now, here is the weird thing, when I used the prepaid card, I checked my expiration, and instead of it running from Feb 07 to March 08, it is listed as Feb 07 to March 09 - meaning there is an extra year on there somehow. :whistle2:s

I checked my online statements for the past 60 days, and no MS transactions have been taken out. (As I said, I have a new card, so that should have "bounced" anyway if auto-pay was on my account.)

This is just a weird thing; I have no idea where that extra year came from (Not that I probably wouldn't renew it in 2008 anyway) - so I'm just going to wait and see if this gets corrected.

Anyone else see anything like this?

my guess is it probably did renew it with your old debit card, which added that extra year after you put in that prepaid card. i think i read some threads were it automatically renewed on cards that were expired, so i guess it's MS screw up.

[quote name='glockant']you got a new card, but is it the same account number?[/quote]

It is, but I have tested it with the old card info by trying to buy MS points (nice one MS - I can't seem to erase my old billing info from my account), and those didn't go through. And there has been nothing on my account showing any charges from them.

Mind you, I'm not complaing - it just seems, well, odd.

[quote name='triforcer']my guess is it probably did renew it with your old debit card, which added that extra year after you put in that prepaid card. i think i read some threads were it automatically renewed on cards that were expired, so i guess it's MS screw up.[/quote]

I must have missed those threads, or mis-searched on Google.

I'm sure it will correct itself eventually. Until then, I'll just wait and see...

Interesting side note: at one point last summer, I tried to buy MS points with my card (before I replaced it), and it was denied. I contacted my bank and mastercard, and they informed me that they had temporarily blocked purchases from Microsoft, due to reports of fraudulent billing.:lol:

bread's done
Back