Xbox Live Rewards - 5% MSP back in March

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
If you are an Xbox Live Rewards member you are getting 5% of your points spent in March back. Not bad - I already know I'm picking up the Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack and Full House Poker, plus whatever RB DLC comes out.

Xbox LIVE Rewards
http://rewards.xbox.com/

Purchase and Earn Stay Gold and earn 5% back on all your March Marketplace purchases!*

*March Marketplace rebate is based on staying Gold continuously through March 2011. Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase transactions can include any selection of paid content, including movies, TV shows, game add-ons, Arcade games, Games on Demand titles, Avatars and Themes. Excludes Microsoft Points purchases or subscriptions. Your total March spend will be calculated at the end of the month and 5% rebate applied. This reward will be credited to your MyRewards Summary in April.

no really much though, im probably only getting the halo map pack, so thats 40 points back, cant buy anything with that.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']Should've waited to grab Pac-Man DX! There will be other purchases for me I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

Same here. What a ripoff.

Glad I forgot to purchase PacMan....nice. What else can I buy....maybe the CoD map-pack and the Halo ones...still haven't bought the old one.

I still think that this Rewards system is just too flawed for existing Xbox Gold Members to really benefit out of. Only real consistent way for me to make points is to fill in a random survey per month... and that's 20 points.

It's a nice thought I guess, especially if you're going from Silver to Gold. Other than that...

Dang just got a new arcade game last weekend! Oh well, I still have the map pack and MvC 3 dlc characters to spend money on. Nice find OP!

5% buys nothing in return... I wouldnt even sweat this unless you really feel like going overboard with purchases.

omg BG&E and Torchlight

well there are a few other xbl arcade games on sale and some other stuff coming out as well. as others stated before, would of been nice to have known before purchasing pacman ce dx, that sucks but oh well. 5% isn't really much unless you plan on buying rock band dlc, halo map pack, arcade games then everything starts to add up. oh well, better than nothing.

[quote name='nnthomas']5% buys nothing in return... I wouldnt even sweat this unless you really feel like going overboard with purchases.

omg BG&E and Torchlight
[/QUOTE]

It ain't much but it would have been 20 MSP on Pac-Mac DX, the same amount of points you get from taking the monthly rewards survey. In this new rewards program I feel like every point counts since you only get points if you have over 100 built up.

I bought Pac-Man yesterday also, oh well.

Nice, I just picked up the new DLC for Fable III this morning, and will be buying Torchlight & Full House Poker when they drop. A little something back is better than nothing! Thanks for the heads up OP

Anyone know if this works on Rockband 3 DLC? Was thinking about picking up a bunch of stuff on there, figure I might as well get some of the larger packs if I can get some of the points back. Know it's not much, but it's better than nothing.

[quote name='INCyr']Anyone know if this works on Rockband 3 DLC? Was thinking about picking up a bunch of stuff on there, figure I might as well get some of the larger packs if I can get some of the points back. Know it's not much, but it's better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

Rock Band 3 DLC are considered "game add-ons", so it should work. :)

It looks like you will earn 5% back on basically anything except buying xbox points or live subscriptions.

This will be mostly useless unless you, 1, spend a lot of points (takes $20/1600 to even net enough points to do anything), and 2, buy small things like RBN songs (for every 1600 points, you will receive 80 points in return).

[quote name='mtxbass1']Same here. What a ripoff.[/QUOTE]

I bought it at like 12:30am March 1st. I doubt it counted though.

Sucks balls.:cry: I want my 25 cents worth of spacebucks.

With the way items are priced on Xbox, this is really so insignificant of a deal that I would not bother to time any purchases just because of the promotion. Let's see, for every 16,000 points you spend in march you'd get back 80 points sometime later. Enough for a cheap avatar upgrade if that's to your liking - not much else. Meanwhile you dropped $20 or more MS way.

[quote name='netscorer']With the way items are priced on Xbox, this is really so insignificant of a deal that I would not bother to time any purchases just because of the promotion. Let's see, for every 16,000 points you spend in march you'd get back 80 points sometime later. Enough for a cheap avatar upgrade if that's to your liking - not much else. Meanwhile you dropped $20 or more MS way.[/QUOTE]

Or you could be off by a decimal place. 1600 points will net you 80 later. 16000 would net you 800 points.

Sure, it's not much, but as others have said, it's better than nothing.

5% isn't enough to get me to buy stuff I wouldn't otherwise buy. Pac-Man, yeah, and maybe whatever other weekly deals come up, but I never buy on Zune or Avatar stuff so it's sort of wasted on me.

Not going to buy anything extra because of this deal, but hey, free is free! DLC for Dead Space 2 is out, so I'll pick that up anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
buy 20 RB songs...get one free? :)

yeah it's not much - but you are probably buying stuff anyways this month. free is still free. it would have been nice to have some advance notice - but then people would have held off on buying stuff the last week of Feb.

Why are ppl complaining so much...Its free points given to u for every purchase that u would of made anyway... U ppl are so hard to please...U complained about the rewards program when it started because they didn't offer enough stuff and then when they add this ur still bitching.! If u really don't care about this then just wait to buy everything april 1st so u don't have to get anything for free...wow

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']Why are ppl complaining so much...[/QUOTE]
Because...
[quote name='radioactivez0r']5% isn't enough to get me to buy stuff I wouldn't otherwise buy. [/QUOTE]

I'm not complaining, but 5% is not going to make me spend a lot of points, spend 4000 allards get 200 pts.

At least is better than nothing

Well, though it's nearly nothing back, I'll still appreciate it if PHoF: Gottleib Collection finally shows up this month....

Jesus Christ people. Two months ago this program didn't exist and now they are throwing you a bone for being a member and spending money on the service. It's SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.

People really will bitch about anything.

5%? That's it? While it's "better than nothing", it's just about nothing.

Hardly a way to incentivize a rash of DLC purchases. At best, it's like finding a nickel in the middle of the street. Better than a penny, and "better than nothing", but not better than the time it took to write this or read about it (my bad).

[quote name='ZForce915']Jesus Christ people. Two months ago this program didn't exist and now they are throwing you a bone for being a member and spending money on the service. It's SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.

People really will bitch about anything.[/QUOTE]

Not true - just like you said, you gotta buy something to get something back, so it's not something for nothing.

As for the bitching, isn't that what the internet has become? It's one big bitch forum. Here, we bitch about overpriced games and deals that are or are not really deals.

[quote name='netscorer']With the way items are priced on Xbox, this is really so insignificant of a deal that I would not bother to time any purchases just because of the promotion. Let's see, for every 16,000 points you spend in march you'd get back 80 points sometime later. Enough for a cheap avatar upgrade if that's to your liking - not much else. Meanwhile you dropped $20 or more MS way.[/QUOTE]
16000 points would be 800 back and if you are going to buy something anyway, it's nice to know that you will be getting something you normally wouldn't be even if it is very small. I'd rather have an extra 30 msp than nothing.

ZForce is right. No reason to complain - frankly, I'm pretty shocked they are even giving us THIS. If you don't spend enough to get anything worthwhile back, then pretend the offer doesn't exist. For those that do buy any significant amount of content, this is a nice bonus.

It ain't much but I'll probably get at least enough to buy a dumb avatar hat or something. Already bought the $7 Nine Inch Nails RB pack this morning. Will probably buy Full House Poker, and assuming Devin Townsend gets his stuff out on RB Network this month, that'll be another 15-20 bucks.

I just bought RB3 DLC and Pacman (1200msp) yesterday. I was like "damn" but then realized it was 60msp and it's whatever. woudl've been nice.

This is good IF you happen to be buying something in March, but honestly its not going to make me want to buy anything.

If I Get Pac-Man, Halo maps, Poker, Torchlight, and Beyond Good and Evil.....I'll get a whole 200 points back! YES :D lol
Not complaining though, they'll go to a good use in the future :p

Guess I should sign up.

It may not be much, but I am interested in getting BG&E (even though I own it for the GameCube, I loved that game), and every little bit helps.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I have 80 points pending, all since December. F**k Xbox Rewards.[/QUOTE]

You can't "cash out" until you get 100 points. Read the rules. :roll:

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']Why are ppl complaining so much...Its free points given to u for every purchase that u would of made anyway... U ppl are so hard to please...U complained about the rewards program when it started because they didn't offer enough stuff and then when they add this ur still bitching.! If u really don't care about this then just wait to buy everything april 1st so u don't have to get anything for free...wow[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why, either. But like someone else mentioned, as a whole, the Rewards Program is flawed. None of the rewards are retroactive.. so their idea of "rewarding long-time members" is actually "rewarding new members." Most of us have already bought an XBLA game, DLC, used Netflix, subscribed to Live for multiple years, etc. Besides the fact that they started this 5% back deal without warning, screwing the same loyal members they're supposedly trying to reward. I think that helps point out the source of frustration of the users on here.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']You can't "cash out" until you get 100 points. Read the rules. :roll:[/QUOTE]

fuck the rules. What's the difference if you have 20 pending points or 100? This months survey even asked if you preferred points be added immediately to your account, so I'm sure ms knows people aren't too satisfied with the rewards program.

[quote name='thegreek']fuck the rules. What's the difference if you have 20 pending points or 100? This months survey even asked if you preferred points be added immediately to your account, so I'm sure ms knows people aren't too satisfied with the rewards program.[/QUOTE]

Okay? I agree, it should have been that way from the start. Point is, it's not, and you can't cash out until you reach 100 points.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']the Rewards Program is flawed. None of the rewards are retroactive.. so their idea of "rewarding long-time members" is actually "rewarding new members." Most of us have already bought an XBLA game, DLC, used Netflix, subscribed to Live for multiple years, etc. Besides the fact that they started this 5% back deal without warning, screwing the same loyal members they're supposedly trying to reward. I think that helps point out the source of frustration of the users on here.[/QUOTE]you described my frustrations with Xbox Rewards rather eloquently :applause:

I'm planning on buying the Dead Space 2 DLC. I wonder if they'll actually give me 28 points or round it off to 30. I can't remember a cost with anything other than a 0 as the last digit.

Does anyone know how long it takes for something to be credited to your account. I activated Netflix on Thursday and the T&C says that it should take 96 hours, but its already been more then 4 days.

bread's done
Back