Xbox Live Rewards has been updated. New ways to earn rewards credits.

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
They completely changed the look of Xbox Live Rewards and they now have different ways you can earn credits. I figured I'd mention it. You get 250 credits for doing the monthly survey.

http://rewards.xbox.com

It's free to sign-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know how many credits equal what in current? Like what would 1,000 credits equal? And by playing a new game does that mean just a game you havent played before or does it need to be a new release game? This could be interesting.....

does anyone know how many credits equal what in current? Like what would 1,000 credits equal? And by playing a new game does that mean just a game you havent played before or does it need to be a new release game? This could be interesting.....
http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/

— What is the monetary value of Rewards Credits?

A. 5,000 Rewards Credits are equal to $5 USD.

— When will I get my Rewards Credits?

A. Rewards Credits will automatically be converted into your local currency and deposited into your Microsoft account by the 15th and 30th of each month, once you hit 5,000 Credits. If you have less than 5,000 Credits, they will be held as Pending until a quantity of 5,000 is reached.

so you get $3 back for spending $10 if you are gold and have a gamerscore of 75,000 or more? That's pretty nice if that's true.

and anyone know about the new game thing? Does it mean just a game you never played before?

so you get $3 back for spending $10 if you are gold and have a gamerscore of 75,000 or more? That's pretty nice if that's true.

and anyone know about the new game thing? Does it mean just a game you never played before?
From my understanding it is a newly released game and you must play it within 30 days of its release to count.

I found this regarding the new game thing: *10 hours or more of gameplay must be completed within 30 days of disc-based game release. Full games on demand, Indie games, arcade games or other downloaded games do not qualify.

Also, you can do the September survey now. It's all about the redesign of the website. It's under the MyRewards tab.

there no way 1 credit is $1. You get 250 just for a survey.
I know. I have no idea why they have that "credit = $"

5000 credits is worth $5
I saw the question but for some reason the site wasn't loading javascript or whatever they use (maybe has something to do with that silverlight shit that occassionally directs me to blank pages whenever I login). had to reload the site and now all the faq questions show the answer when clicked.

The new design LOOKS and so far navigates better. The rewards system doesn't seem as good though - wasn't great to begin with. It seems like Microsoft is really pushing people to spend, spend, spend real money. I wonder if people will still get a fraction of a penny worth of credit on their birthday now.

I forgot how many msp surveys were. I think it was 20 so if it was that was $0.25 as per the 80msp=$1 rate.

Surveys are 250 credits and going by the 5000 = $5 rate, guess surveys are "worth" the same.

The biggest thing is that these credits will be accross all the xbox sites, so in theory Microsoft is establishing their own foreign exchange rates!

Grab a new game
Stack up your games, rack up the Credits! For every new Xbox 360 game* you play for at least 10 hours, you'll receive 1,000 Rewards Credits. It's just another reason to play a new game - or two, or three!

*10 hours or more of gameplay must be completed within 30 days of disc-based game release. Full games on demand, Indie games, arcade games or other downloaded games do not qualify.

Why not GoD since they release new games near the disc version now...?

it says i am not gold but i am and im signed in... Also was live 1 month sub raised $1? Sad it says im not gold and says to join gold now.

No, you get 30 cents back for spending $10.

Soooo....is the Survey they have on there for August or for Sept?

It is for Sept. Found it on the next page after doing the Survey.

Looks like imma try the New Game and New App things out. Just gotta find Apps that I have not DL yet and/or used.

Yay!! More stuff on the Hard that I will delete.

Argh. Just picked threw another 12 months on a few weeks ago. :(

Ah well, playing Payday 2 so I should have the 10 hours in no time. Damn is it addicting.

Argh. Just picked threw another 12 months on a few weeks ago. :(

Ah well, playing Payday 2 so I should have the 10 hours in no time. Damn is it addicting.
I added a 12 month card to my account some time in early July. But it didn't activate until august 14th. Maybe you haven't rolled over to the new code yet?

EDIT: i was credited is my main point, and hopefully you will be too..

For the new games thing, do you have to play online or can I get the 10 hours by playing the cod campaign and offline multiplayer?

Grab a new game

Stack up your games, rack up the Credits! For every new Xbox 360 game* you play for at least 10 hours, you'll receive 1,000 Rewards Credits. It's just another reason to play a new game - or two, or three!

*10 hours or more of gameplay must be completed within 30 days of disc-based game release. Full games on demand, Indie games, arcade games or other downloaded games do not qualify.

Why not GoD since they release new games near the disc version now...?
Is it Gold member only or also for Silver?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember what the email address was that sent us a code for however amount of points we had in our "old" rewards program? I received an email but I didn't redeem it right away, and now I can't seem to find it anymore.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember what the email address was that sent us a code for however amount of points we had in our "old" rewards program? I received an email but I didn't redeem it right away, and now I can't seem to find it anymore.
pop onto xbox.com and go to the rewards support forum they can help you with that.
I cannot recall the email that sent me my codes for my pending points.

It says I'm not Gold, maybe because I'm on a free month. The punchcards are still terrible. The new games thing is a joke, the same setup as Club Nintendo but instead of coins that actually add up worth a shit you just get 10 cents. But, if my Master VIP goes through it'll be slightly better because I'll get 3% back instead of 2.

Bravo Microsoft.

It says I'm not Gold, maybe because I'm on a free month. The punchcards are still terrible. The new games thing is a joke, the same setup as Club Nintendo but instead of coins that actually add up worth a shit you just get 10 cents. But, if my Master VIP goes through it'll be slightly better because I'll get 3% back instead of 2.

Bravo Microsoft.
You get $1, not ten cents.

1000 points = 1 USD.

It says I'm not Gold, maybe because I'm on a free month. The punchcards are still terrible. The new games thing is a joke, the same setup as Club Nintendo but instead of coins that actually add up worth a shit you just get 10 cents. But, if my Master VIP goes through it'll be slightly better because I'll get 3% back instead of 2.

Bravo Microsoft.
I have no vip i believe this month i paid for gold either way my status is gold so why ms why i want it unlocked. ms = scrooge 90% of the time. There trying to save face now why we get free meh games.

bread's done
Back