Xbox Live Rewards - Now Available to Canadians!!

I subscribed on Monday and still did not receive confirmation even though it said it's going to take 36 hours. Anyone else succeeded?

I subscribed last Friday. Got a 'wait 36hrs' confirmation email on Friday, then Sunday got a 'welcome' email, telling me everything was setup.

Just a note. Even after receiving the second email, saying it was setup, it was still several hours more until I actually had access to the site.

Damnit, I noticed there's a 200 point bonus for renewing a 12-month gold subscription. I renewed my subscription 2 days ago, before they sent the email about the Live Rewards program. Think it's still possible to get that bonus?

edit: Nope, I'm SOL. I'm glad this is available in Canada, but the timing, it sucks! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email earlier this week. Signed up and got the welcome email a day or two ago. Unfortunately, nothing really applies to me right now, besides surveys for 20G

[quote name='unbreakable84']I got the email earlier this week. Signed up and got the welcome email a day or two ago. Unfortunately, nothing really applies to me right now, besides surveys for 20G[/QUOTE]
How do you get the surveys? By e-mail or do you have to go on the website?

[quote name='Hyunkel']How do you get the surveys? By e-mail or do you have to go on the website?[/QUOTE]

You get the surveys by going to the site for Xbox Rewards.

[quote name='lustyhitter']It took until just now for Canada to get these Xbox Live Rewards? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Hey, we're still overpaying for everything in this country. Gas, food, video games...hell, we still don't have Comedy Central HD for fuck sake. Be glad that we finally got this.

I received my confirmation email, but when I sign onto the site, it still says "wait 36 hours" etc.

[quote name='Korahn']I received my confirmation email, but when I sign onto the site, it still says "wait 36 hours" etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. :cry:

[quote name='dotCody']Hey, we're still overpaying for everything in this country. Gas, food, video games...hell, we still don't have Comedy Central HD for fuck sake. Be glad that we finally got this.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget vehicles. It's like Canada exists to subsidize the american economy.

This is crap in my opinion because it does nothing to "reward" the users that have already been loyal for a long ass time. It's sort of like Rogers Wireless, where you get bigger discounts if you're a new customer rather than been with them for 10 years.

[quote name='the_void']Wow signed up 5 days a go and still can't use the site 36 hours my ass -.-[/QUOTE]

Hmm... it did start working for me after several days... I can't view the stats yet, but it claims that they will be available eventually. I took the survey though... woo. (It took like 10 seconds.)

[quote name='Derfel']Hmm... it did start working for me after several days... I can't view the stats yet, but it claims that they will be available eventually. I took the survey though... woo. (It took like 10 seconds.)[/QUOTE]

It took about a week before my stats starting showing up. It's quite limited(they only show hours played in 5 games) but still interesting. Apparently I spent 41 hours playing Plants vs. Zombies... yikes. :)

I pretty much don't understand the scatter graph they have up. To begin with there's a typo of hours instead of minutes, and each month has about 14 dots... maybe because I played on 14 days?... maybe I do understand it :)

I took a stupidly short survey for 20 MS points several days ago and still haven't received them. Any one actually received points yet for something? How long does it take?

[quote name='Lukeweizer']I took a stupidly short survey for 20 MS points several days ago and still haven't received them. Any one actually received points yet for something? How long does it take?[/QUOTE]

I think it takes a week or two before you receive the points and still then it doesn't go to your actual point amount. Apparently you can only withdraw 100 points at a time.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I think it takes a week or two before you receive the points and still then it doesn't go to your actual point amount. Apparently you can only withdraw 100 points at a time.[/QUOTE]

Oh god. It's like a bank? The site is terrible for telling you anything. It's just "Hey! We're giving you free points! Aren't we great?!" But doesn't tell you how or when you'll get them.

[quote name='Hyunkel']What's the site to take the surveys? I can't find them on the rewards website.[/QUOTE]

It's in the slideshow banner on the homepage (I think it's the homepage). Banner number 3.

[quote name='Lukeweizer']Oh god. It's like a bank? The site is terrible for telling you anything. It's just "Hey! We're giving you free points! Aren't we great?!" But doesn't tell you how or when you'll get them.[/QUOTE]

Well, it does actually:

4. It will take up to 96 hours after Enrollees perform point-earning activities for their corresponding Microsoft Points to appear in the Enrollee’s Account as "pending". An Enrollee needs 100 or more "pending" Microsoft Points before the Microsoft Points will be converted to "awarded". Once an Enrollee has 100 or more "pending" Microsoft Points, it will take up to 45 days after the point-earning activity for such Microsoft Points to appear in the Enrollee's Account as "awarded". The Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to award Microsoft Points at a later date if additional time is needed for any reason. Microsoft Points in an Enrollee's Account as "pending" cannot be redeemed until they appear in the Account as "awarded".

Which, of course, translates to "you'll get your points when we damn well feel like it. Now stop bothering us."

bread's done
Back