Xbox Live Snail Mailer (480 free MS points) - Be on the lookout!

Prophecize

CAG Veteran
Not exactly a deal, but XBLA has sent out some mailers as of late with "free gifts" included inside. Just a heads up so people don't toss them out; they all have codes for 480 free MS points inside. Happy gaming!

IMG_0076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, OP. I'll make sure to keep an eye on the mail. I know I almost threw out free points I won in one of their contests once.

[quote name='Enfuze']Through the mail? Sorry if it's a dumb question but what do you mean mailer? haha[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine came USPS. Had some XBLA Avatar sticker dress-up thing inside too, was a bit odd.

I got one also, for a silver account that use to be gold. Didn't see anything about points. Hopefully there wasn't anything in there cause I think I tossed it. =(

Lame, I been a been part of Xbox Live since the the original beta and I never seem to get any of these mailed or emailed goodies. I guess they know they already got my money the last 7 years so I am probably going to stick around for many more without needing to be enticed back.

Original Lifers get screwed big time. Wouldn't have been easier to email them. I mean I work for Usps so I love the extra revenue, but this doesn't make sense

Me to. Original Live user in the first month or so it was out didn't get into beta though. I got over 300+ original xbox games and 360 games most bought new. Where's my love ms? Bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan

[quote name='Owen']Lame, I been a been part of Xbox Live since the the original beta and I never seem to get any of these mailed or emailed goodies. I guess they know they already got my money the last 7 years so I am probably going to stick around for many more without needing to be enticed back.[/QUOTE]

No piont in marketing to the people already buying ;)

Im curious if a specific metric was used or did they just do a random method like throwing digital darts at usernames and sending them these gifts. it would be a trip if I got something like this to my XBL Japanese account to my place in Japan

[quote name='MrNEWZ']This is EVERY SINGLE COMPANY.[/QUOTE]

This.

There are customer life cycles; as long as you're buying, you're considered a non-detractor which means you'll get no offers (unless you're a REALLY good customer and they cannot afford to lose you -- usually top 1-2% of customers, then you might get some offers). Others will get offers as they start detracting their spend. It's pretty basic business.

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']This.

There are customer life cycles; as long as you're buying, you're considered a non-detractor which means you'll get no offers (unless you're a REALLY good customer and they cannot afford to lose you -- usually top 1-2% of customers, then you might get some offers). Others will get offers as they start detracting their spend. It's pretty basic business.[/QUOTE]

Very true. But it requires a blend of incentives for current/long-standing offers to keep loyalty and good will up. They count on those customers to virally sell services to their friends/family. Recommendations from someone you know is the gold standard for marketing. This is likely why they're currently offering these weekly and daily specials during the holidays (some deals, very impressive) on XBLA content.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']My wife and I each got one of these, but she doesn't know she got one; probably never will. MWAAHAHAHAHAHA.[/QUOTE]

Is that because you are giving one of them to me? :p

[quote name='blueweltall']Where did you find the points OP? I only got the sticker.[/QUOTE]

It was inside the sticker book; the sticker book was a 3-way C fold, with the points sheet stuffed inside.

hope i get ms points in the mail too .....not sure it will apply to me cause ive only been a live gold member for about 5 months now

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']My wife and I each got one of these, but she doesn't know she got one; probably never will. MWAAHAHAHAHAHA.[/QUOTE]
lol +1

[quote name='fatboyjam']Very true. But it requires a blend of incentives for current/long-standing offers to keep loyalty and good will up. They count on those customers to virally sell services to their friends/family. Recommendations from someone you know is the gold standard for marketing. This is likely why they're currently offering these weekly and daily specials during the holidays (some deals, very impressive) on XBLA content.[/QUOTE]

See, I don't get why I've never once seen one of these offers. I haven't been a Gold member for long- I was for a year or so, then wasn't for a few months, and now have been for around a year again. I buy XBLA games every now and then, but not that often (including the GTA IV episodes, I think I've downloaded eight-to-ten); I've never rented a movie or purchased Avatar clothing or done anything else requiring MS points, I'm not a Netflix subscriber, etc. I feel like I should be the ideal target for these free gifts- someone who has shown interest in Live, but refuses to fully dig into it, and has shown that he could waffle and stop paying for Gold. Shouldn't they convince me to stick around by giving me free points?! Maybe if I stop using Gold again after my current subscription expires...

Personally, I think it should be the other way around...I think it should be the loyal customers that get rewarded. I buy a lot of shite off the marketplace; probably my whole avatar outfit had to purchased, not to mention the games, points, shows, netflix, and DLC I buy...yet no mailer

maybe as a big FU to Microsoft, I might just stop buying Live when I run out in march...that should teach them

Joke of course, but you get what I'm saying

I got one of these in the mail, but no sheet with points or a redemption code....could tthis be a fluke or something?!?

It seems like only the OP got this....

bread's done
Back