Xbox Live Starter Kit = 50 bucks

If that is actually the one they show in the picture, the tetris worlds one, then it expired on 3/31/04. I bought it from TRU for $24.99, but Im going to return it now.

Those cards don't actually expire, I bought a 12 month one that expired long ago and it worked just fine. If it is expired, just call Microsoft and they'll give you a new code.

Old kits and cards have expiration dates, but they don't actually seem to expire: someone said they used a Version 1 kit subscription a few weeks ago with no problems, and those were supposed to expire over a year ago. Note that I'm speaking of the actual subscription cards, the trial cards do in fact expire.

[quote name='Edge']Old kits and cards have expiration dates, but they don't actually seem to expire: someone said they used a Version 1 kit subscription a few weeks ago with no problems, and those were supposed to expire over a year ago. Note that I'm speaking of the actual subscription cards, the trial cards do in fact expire.[/quote]

I can confirm (or at least corraberate) this. I bought a few 2.0 XBL kits on sale from radio shack a few months ago and I and the friends I gave them to all activated them no problem. The boxes themselves have no expiration date...inside the instruction manual says must be activated by blah blah but they all work fine. I guess Micrososft (wisely) decided it would be much more of a hassle dealing with sending old kits back to replace them with new ones and people geting PO'd about their kits/cards not working.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='Edge']Old kits and cards have expiration dates, but they don't actually seem to expire: someone said they used a Version 1 kit subscription a few weeks ago with no problems, and those were supposed to expire over a year ago. Note that I'm speaking of the actual subscription cards, the trial cards do in fact expire.[/quote]

I can confirm (or at least corraberate) this. I bought a few 2.0 XBL kits on sale from radio shack a few months ago and I and the friends I gave them to all activated them no problem. The boxes themselves have no expiration date...inside the instruction manual says must be activated by blah blah but they all work fine. I guess Micrososft (wisely) decided it would be much more of a hassle dealing with sending old kits back to replace them with new ones and people geting PO'd about their kits/cards not working.[/quote]

I was wondering, was that the one with the full version of mech assault or with the full version of tetris?

[quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='jshorr'][quote name='Edge']Old kits and cards have expiration dates, but they don't actually seem to expire: someone said they used a Version 1 kit subscription a few weeks ago with no problems, and those were supposed to expire over a year ago. Note that I'm speaking of the actual subscription cards, the trial cards do in fact expire.[/quote]

I can confirm (or at least corraberate) this. I bought a few 2.0 XBL kits on sale from radio shack a few months ago and I and the friends I gave them to all activated them no problem. The boxes themselves have no expiration date...inside the instruction manual says must be activated by blah blah but they all work fine. I guess Micrososft (wisely) decided it would be much more of a hassle dealing with sending old kits back to replace them with new ones and people geting PO'd about their kits/cards not working.[/quote]

I was wondering, was that the one with the full version of mech assault or with the full version of tetris?[/quote]

The ones I got from Radio Shack actually just had demo's of whacked and motogp. Nothing else.

[quote name='karmapolice620']Wait for the webcam package...only 60 bucks[/quote]id you say that it's coming out in November the other day?

I think it's like the Sony Eyetoy and you use it on XBL to see the other people? The kit comes with the camera, software for it, 12 month subscription card to XBL, headset, and maybe demos. It's a good deal and I'll probally pay retail and get it on release for this. I think my subscription ends in October, so I'll have to use a 2 month trial untill this releases.

Did they announce when they are releasing the webcam package in the US? The last I heard was that it was coming out in Japan by the end of this year. I'd be stoked if they came out with this this year.

Forget about gaming, I'm going to convince all my friends and family to get an xbox with this to use as a video phone.

bread's done
Back