Xbox Live Subscription Deals Compilation

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of Xbox Live deals floating around, so I just compiled them for easy access.

Xbox Vision Kit
Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
2 Arcade games (worth $20)
XBOX headset (worth $15)
Gold for 12 months

$66 shipped at Amazon (thaks Magyk)
Kmart - $36 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
Compusa - $49.99 (as of 1/21)
CDUniverse.com - $41.94 after $10 off Google Checkout

12+1 Month Live Subscription Card
Amazon.com - $39.99

3 Month Live Subscription Kit
card + Headset

- Toys R' Us - $5 or $10 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']This isn't the greatest deal. I just got four 3month cards for $10 each at TRU. These are the ones that are packaged for the original XBOX but also work with the 360. I know what you are thinking- it comes out to $40- WRONG!!! Each 3 month pack comes with a headset and adapter. A headset and adapter combo trades in for a little more than $4 at EB/GS. So you end up spending $40 but you also get $12 credit at EB/GS.[/quote]
Updated 3/20

I just got this deal yesterday in Union City, CA. I bought a 49.99 subscription a week ago, and then returned it for credit, then turned around and went to the cash register with a 12 month live card and the 1600 points. It rang up as free,and then I got the CC PM for 39.99. Yay!

I just got this deal yesterday in Union City, CA. I bought a 49.99 subscription a week ago, and then returned it for credit, then turned around and went to the cash register with a 12 month live card and the 1600 points. It rang up as free,and then I got the CC PM for 39.99. Yay!

Updated the OP.

Besides the YMMV deals at Kmart & TRU, the only deals still available seem to be $50 for the 12 month kit at CompUSA and $42 for the 12+1 Month Card at Outpost.

I believe the BB 12+1+1600 ended Saturday, but I couldn't resist reporting that in the Huntington, NY store Saturday morning, there were zero 12+1 or 1600 cards on the shelf. I went to the nearby East Northport store and capitalized on the deal (thanks,OP). Sunday morning--you guessed it--the Huntington store had a massive amount of the cards on the shelf.

I believe the BB 12+1+1600 ended Saturday, but I couldn't resist reporting that in the Huntington, NY store Saturday morning, there were zero 12+1 or 1600 cards on the shelf. I went to the nearby East Northport store and capitalized on the deal (thanks,OP). Sunday morning--you guessed it--the Huntington store had a massive amount of the cards on the shelf.

Is this package deal still going on at BB? I would like to get a free 1600 point card. They were sold out of them last week.

Is this deal still going on at BB? I would like a 1600 point card for free but they were sold out last week.

Looks like it ended saturday. My Best buy had no kind of signage up for it and the cashier had no clue what was going on, making it even easier to get my CC PM thrown in on the deal. She just hit 'yes' at whatever prompts popped up on the screen. Looks like I just found my new favorite BB cashier!

Got in a little late and missed most of the deals.
I did need a renewal on Xbox live though, and decided to try the Kmart deal.
I got a 12 month live card for $39 and change. You get the headset, 200 points, and free Bankshot Billiards. Price was $42, but there's a $5 off $35 Kmart coupon you can use (Exp. Jan/12).
Make sure the 12 month live kit has the expiry date of June 2007 (you have to use it by then.)... those are the discounted Live subscriptions.

[quote name='cdneng2']Got in a little late and missed most of the deals.
I did need a renewal on Xbox live though, and decided to try the Kmart deal.
I got a 12 month live card for $39 and change. You get the headset, 200 points, and free Bankshot Billiards. Price was $42, but there's a $5 off $35 Kmart coupon you can use (Exp. Jan/12).
Make sure the 12 month live kit has the expiry date of June 2007 (you have to use it by then.)... those are the discounted Live subscriptions.[/QUOTE]

I looked through the Kmart threads and can't find the coupon. Got a link? I really need to renew my LIVE before it expires.

Sorry, no link. The coupon was titled "customer appreciation" $5 off $35. I wasn't aware of it until the cashier ripped it off a booklet sitting on the counter. It was valid "Dec.26, 2006 to Jan. 13, 2007" (This Saturday). Good luck.

[quote name='homerojay']I don't know if I can trust this site. Has anyone used it before?[/QUOTE]
If you check into it they also have an ebay store/account with a rediculous amount of feedback, I can't remember right now cause I checked last night but I believe it was in the thousands. Just google the name of the company and ebay

I was in TRU today and guess what? They had one three month for $5, the UPC is 882224020718 and they had the other three month (originally posted here) for $10, UPC 805529792609.
I hope you can get the $5 one. I grab the last two of the store! :eek:)

[quote name='redefendini']I was in TRU today and guess what? They had one three month for $5, the UPC is 882224020718 and they had the other three month (originally posted here) for $10, UPC 805529792609.
I hope you can get the $5 one. I grab the last two of the store! :eek:)[/QUOTE]

Mine has TONS of the cards, but I'm not sure which UPC is which. I came up with nothing looking for the headset+card sets, but sometimes end up with good stuff (RE for the Cube, not Player's Choice, Urbz for $3, Psychonauts for cheap, they matched the Enchanted Arms faux paux, etc.)

[debates making the trip]

They don't have cards. It's a small box that says 3 month subscription and includes a subscription card, headset, demo disc and a Arcade disc. The box normally is where the Original Xbox games are.

$5 Kit:
lg_32050228.jpg

$10 Kit:
22209422.JPG

Are these for new accounts only, or can I use it with my exsisting XBL account? I only ask because it says "Starter Set", and I know I can't use the free trial deals with my exsisting account so I thought maybe this was a similar type of thing.

[quote name='Jibbajaba']Are these for new accounts only, or can I use it with my exsisting XBL account? I only ask because it says "Starter Set", and I know I can't use the free trial deals with my exsisting account so I thought maybe this was a similar type of thing.[/QUOTE]
You can use it with an existing account. It says "Starter Kit" because you would generally only buy it if you were new to XBox live since it's more expensive than a card because of the headset and game.

[quote name='Jibbajaba']Are these for new accounts only, or can I use it with my exsisting XBL account? I only ask because it says "Starter Set", and I know I can't use the free trial deals with my exsisting account so I thought maybe this was a similar type of thing.[/quote]

With this deal, I already extended my subscription an extra year. You can extend your subscription a year for only $20!!!!!!:applause: What's better than that?:roll: If you buy it directly from XBL is $49.99:whistle2:# . Plus with this deal you get xtra headsets... you can use them as hands free for you cel, its great for that.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Is that price still correct for K-Mart?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you have to find the kits that have the $20 game coupon in it that expires in June. Bought my three days ago for $36. Helps to have a Kmart that gamers don't often shop at otherwise they were sold long ago and replaced with more current ones at regular price. I checked all the area Kmarts and only found one.

[quote name='valor19']Yeah, but you have to find the kits that have the $20 game coupon in it that expires in June. Bought my three days ago for $36. Helps to have a Kmart that gamers don't often shop at otherwise they were sold long ago and replaced with more current ones at regular price. I checked all the area Kmarts and only found one.[/quote]

Alright, cool. I have 2 KMarts within a half hour and neither are really well traveled by gamers. I should ask my friend that works at the local one to see if they have any of those specific Live kits. I've only got like a month left until I need to renew.

[quote name='redefendini']With this deal, I already extended my subscription an extra year. You can extend your subscription a year for only $20!!!!!!:applause: What's better than that?:roll: If you buy it directly from XBL is $49.99:whistle2:# . Plus with this deal you get xtra headsets... you can use them as hands free for you cel, its great for that.[/quote]

So there is no restrictions with these starter kits? I know the other "trial" kits did not offer a full gold account. And is this deal still going on at TRU or is it all the time?

[quote name='McAck']So there is no restrictions with these starter kits? I know the other "trial" kits did not offer a full gold account. And is this deal still going on at TRU or is it all the time?[/quote]

YES! This kit is full service, is not trial!!! You can get 4 Subscriptions and is the SAME as buying one of 12 month. You are going to be GOLD!

The first K-Mart I stopped at had an very old original 3 month kit marked at $26 and a 12 month kit at $56. So, I didn't anticipate any luck at the next, but hiding in the very bottom right of the case, with the ps2 games, there was two $36 new kits. I picked up one, so one is still left. This was at the Romeo, MI K-mart. It'll probably be there a while because it is practically impossible to see unless you are looking for it.

Great, I might go pick up a kit.
WOW, I didn't know that TRU was Toys R Us. I always though that "TRU" was the name of some store rofl.

I'm just thinking out loud here...

Considering the $40/$199 deal for CC, would anyone wanna go foursies on buying XBL Gold cards for $10 off retail price?

If anyone's interested, I'm game. I've got 60+ feedback on ebay.
PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='ajservo1']I'm just thinking out loud here...

Considering the $40/$199 deal for CC, would anyone wanna go foursies on buying XBL Gold cards for $10 off retail price?

If anyone's interested, I'm game. I've got 60+ feedback on ebay.
PM me if you're interested.[/quote]CC has had those on sale for $40 twice alrdy so if you can wait then wait til it comes on sale again to buy it (unless you need it now) . It'll be risky to sell online, see if some local people are interested so you can have cash in hand (look on craigslist)

Well I tried TRU last night for the starter kits, they had 1 left for $30. I asked the kid at the counter if they had been on sale or if they were ever cheaper and he said they ARE on sale... I then asked if they were ever as low as $10 and he looked at me like a was a moron... Is this deal just certain stores??

My target had these old kits with the coupon from last June. Any word if Target is going to clearance them?

[quote name='McAck']Well I tried TRU last night for the starter kits, they had 1 left for $30. I asked the kid at the counter if they had been on sale or if they were ever cheaper and he said they ARE on sale... I then asked if they were ever as low as $10 and he looked at me like a was a moron... Is this deal just certain stores??[/quote]
You have to go to the Original Xbox section of the store and look for it, yourself. They barely know whats going on in the store.

I ordered this from CDUniverse:

Qty Item Price 1
XBox 360 Live 12 Month Kit
$48.95
Shipping & Handling (Standard) : $2.99 Tax (NY) : $0.00
1 Google Checkout $10 Sign-up Bonus -
Bonus may not appear on this store's web site or emails. -$10.00 Total: $41.94

Not bad for the kit.

I had the same problem with my TRU. I went to the original Xbox seciton, but there were absolutely no XBL cards or kits. At my TRU, the PS2/Xbox/Xbox360/ and all of them are all bundled together, so that may be it.

Does places like EB Games or Walmart sell the same kits for the same prices? I don't know why TRU would be able to sell them at those low prices and EB or Walmart wouldn't.

[quote name='Tywon']Does places like EB Games or Walmart sell the same kits for the same prices?[/quote]
No.
I don't know why TRU would be able to sell them at those low prices and EB or Walmart wouldn't.
It's a clearance, when they're gone that's it.

I just got back from Kmart in Vancouver WA where they had two of the xbox live packages (one left now). They were marked at 70 but scanned for $36, thank you for posting this deal!

[quote name='psyanide82']I ordered this from CDUniverse:

Qty Item Price 1
$48.95

Not bad for the kit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered 1 as there are no Kmarts in my area and possibly the entire state.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']Thanks for the heads up. Ordered 1 as there are no Kmarts in my area and possibly the entire state.[/quote]
There is a Kmart in Redwood City.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']Thanks for the heads up. Ordered 1 as there are no Kmarts in my area and possibly the entire state.[/quote] There are many kmarts near me heh.

Qty Item Price 1
$48.95

Not bad for the kit.[/quote]

I got in on this deal. It's the best I've seen lately. Thanks for the heads up

Qty Item Price 1
$48.95

Not bad for the kit.[/quote]

Updated OP and added your deal.

When I opened two XBOX Live! accounts a year ago, they required a credit card number even though I used the 1 year (+1 month) card. Two days ago, I get two emails from Microsoft stating they were auto-renewing those accounts against my credit card at $50 a pop.

I did not authorize any auto-renewal when I enrolled a year ago!

I replied to the first email telling them not to charge my account and it bounced back undeliverable.

I called a number on the email to tell them not to auto-renew. After a ten minute wait on the phone, I got a lady in India who I could not understand. It sounded like she had the phone mic inside her mouth. She couldn't understand me either. I got mad and hung up. I then called my credit card company and cancelled my account number.

Those two accounts are on a regular XBOX. I also have one on a 360 that expires in June. I didn't know it would be this much trouble to maintain these accounts! I'm gonna let them just die and do without Live play.

Dooooooooooh!!!!

bread's done
Back