Xbox Live Subscription Deals Compilation

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of Xbox Live deals floating around, so I just compiled them for easy access.

Xbox Vision Kit
Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
2 Arcade games (worth $20)
XBOX headset (worth $15)
Gold for 12 months

$66 shipped at Amazon (thaks Magyk)
Kmart - $36 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
Compusa - $49.99 (as of 1/21)
CDUniverse.com - $41.94 after $10 off Google Checkout

12+1 Month Live Subscription Card
Amazon.com - $39.99

3 Month Live Subscription Kit
card + Headset

- Toys R' Us - $5 or $10 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']This isn't the greatest deal. I just got four 3month cards for $10 each at TRU. These are the ones that are packaged for the original XBOX but also work with the 360. I know what you are thinking- it comes out to $40- WRONG!!! Each 3 month pack comes with a headset and adapter. A headset and adapter combo trades in for a little more than $4 at EB/GS. So you end up spending $40 but you also get $12 credit at EB/GS.[/quote]
Updated 3/20

For those that live in Puerto Rico, TRS still has like 10 3months for $10. I don't think that in this site are a lot of Puertoricans, but it worth a shot.

[quote name='Dijital']Unfortunately mine expires March 12th, so I need to get a quick fix and soon![/QUOTE]

Dijital, you PMd me but your inbox is full. Please clear out some messages so I can respond to you. Thanks. :)

[quote name='cybersphere01']Can someone explain why some xbox live 12 month cards cannot be used to renew your current gamertag subscription? My wife's is about to run out and I need one that I can renew her year subscription, but I find a lot of the ones sold on ebay say they can only be used if you create a new gamertag. I just want to know why that is, if someone can please explain...[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but I just got one for 34 bucks 13 months, and creating a new gamertag is a requisite. I didn't have a tag so it wasn't a problem

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']Circuit City has the Xbox Live 12+1 month card on sale for $39.99, 03/18/07 to 03/24/07.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Got one and renewed my account. :D

[quote name='Sn0brawler']Got one and renewed my account. :D[/quote]

Did they ask for a credit card or anything? I'm on a one-month trial of XBL and I'm going to need to renew it at some point, I just don't want to have to create a new Gamertag or use a CC.

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']Another question from an XBL newb, if you grab a 12 month starter kit does that require a new gamer tag?[/QUOTE]

If you're planning on using it on a 360, nope.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If you're planning on using it on a 360, nope.[/quote]

Yeah, I am. I just want to continue playing online once my gold trial runs out. Thanks.

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']Circuit City has the Xbox Live 12+1 month card on sale for $39.99, 03/18/07 to 03/24/07.:bouncy:[/quote]
In store or online only?

[quote name='crazyj']You can price match to bestbuy for $4 off[/quote]

110% of the difference would be $1 off or $38.99...and as always with BB, YMMV. I'd pay a dollar more and stay out of Best Buy.

Just caught 2 of the 12 month bundles at Kmart for $23.99, the ones with the headset, Bankshot Billiards, 200 Ms points, and a 12 month card. Score for me! Apparently these are still around to be had if anyone is looking.

Thank ya. I'm glad I didn't jump on the $66 Vision Cam bundle at Amazon and waited for this. Just ordered online and saved some gas!

Thanks much!

[quote name='cybersphere01']Can someone explain why some xbox live 12 month cards cannot be used to renew your current gamertag subscription? My wife's is about to run out and I need one that I can renew her year subscription, but I find a lot of the ones sold on ebay say they can only be used if you create a new gamertag. I just want to know why that is, if someone can please explain...[/quote]

I mentioned it a few pages back, you can read up on the insanity here...

http://forums.xbox.com/1/9857849/ShowPost.aspx

Long story short, the reason isn't clear. M$ says it's an activation problem with the retailer, but if that were true, why do they work on new accts? Hope this helps.

[quote name='cybersphere01']Can someone explain why some xbox live 12 month cards cannot be used to renew your current gamertag subscription? My wife's is about to run out and I need one that I can renew her year subscription, but I find a lot of the ones sold on ebay say they can only be used if you create a new gamertag. I just want to know why that is, if someone can please explain...[/quote]
Many cards on ebay are bogus. If you call xbox they will confirm that there is a problem with that card deal (1 800 4my xbox)

PS: make sure your seller has high feedback & an old account.

Just a quick question, are the 12 month cards really 13 month cards? Just wondering why they're always referred to as 12+1.

[quote name='daroga']Just a quick question, are the 12 month cards really 13 month cards? Just wondering why they're always referred to as 12+1.[/quote]Yep

[quote name='daroga']Just a quick question, are the 12 month cards really 13 month cards? Just wondering why they're always referred to as 12+1.[/QUOTE]

It's just a gee-whiz marketing thing to point out that MS is giving you one whole month of XBL Gold for "free" -- "13 months for the price of 12! Huzzah!"

[quote name='Scobie']It's just a gee-whiz marketing thing to point out that MS is giving you one whole month of XBL Gold for "free" -- "13 months for the price of 12! Huzzah!"[/quote]Awesome. That means that between the CC deal and getting 2 month cards for cheap after coupon at Best Buy last month that I've gotten 15 months of Live for a tad over $3 a month, and actually, consdiering I used gift cards for the Best Buy stuff, more like $2.80 a month. :)

[quote name='daroga']Awesome. That means that between the CC deal and getting 2 month cards for cheap after coupon at Best Buy last month that I've gotten 15 months of Live for a tad over $3 a month, and actually, consdiering I used gift cards for the Best Buy stuff, more like $2.80 a month. :)[/QUOTE]

Nicely done, comrade! Let's do some on-line gaming soon!!

[quote name='Scobie']Nicely done, comrade! Let's do some on-line gaming soon!![/quote]Indeed. However, it's likely going to have to wait till after Easter when my schedule calm down. ;)

I am so mad, i have been waiting for about 3 weeks for a deal on a subscription. I bought the vision pack at amazon last week thinking i was only paying about $10 more for all that stuff, then look what happens 4 days later! I can get the card for $40 at 2 places! Does amazon charge for shipping on a return?

[quote name='Danil ACE']$5 off at BB with the "$5 off any 360 accessory coupon".[/quote]

I heard that doesn't work (that Live and Points are not 'accessories' in the BB inventory system). Has it been done successfully without manager/cashier over-ride?

dude im so happy, i just got a month free from this gaminglagoon website. it only took me 1 night to get a month of xbox live. i feel like i cheated a system or something lol

[quote name='walletandgromice']I heard that doesn't work (that Live and Points are not 'accessories' in the BB inventory system). Has it been done successfully without manager/cashier over-ride?[/quote]
Points do work with the $5 off coupon, as they do have the points card listed in their system as accessories.

Has anyone had any trouble with using the code for the old xbox live bundle kits from kmart; the one with xbox live game, pgr 2 and headset? local kmart has a few in stock still; just hesitant to know if the codes would still work or expire.

[quote name='shrike4242']Points do work with the $5 off coupon, as they do have the points card listed in their system as accessories.[/quote]

Well, Castlevania (by way of BB) here I come.

Thanks!!

[quote name='walletandgromice']I heard that doesn't work (that Live and Points are not 'accessories' in the BB inventory system). Has it been done successfully without manager/cashier over-ride?[/quote]

Yes, it does work. I bought a 1600 point card for $15 instead of $20.
1600 points at $15 equals 107 points per dollar instead of 1600 at $20, which equals 80 points per dollar.

No override required.

If I get the bundle deal, how do I add the year to my existing account? Is it possible or is it only for new accounts?

I cannot find anything, I was going to buy it on Amazon for $40 since I am sick of waiting but it went up to $48.

I just found a $30 unused 12+1 month 360 card on ebay but it has this disclaimer in the listing:

Card only works to create a new account

How true is this because I have a trial gold account and want to extend it and would for this price, but is this true?

[quote name='cdietschrun']I just found a $30 unused 12+1 month 360 card on ebay but it has this disclaimer in the listing:

How true is this because I have a trial gold account and want to extend it and would for this price, but is this true?
[/QUOTE]
I thought it was just the "+1" that works for new accounts. Like, if you set up a new account you automatically get a free month at the beginning of your subscription period.

I could be wrong, though.

[quote name='cdietschrun']I just found a $30 unused 12+1 month 360 card on ebay but it has this disclaimer in the listing:

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure its a scam. I've seen lots of listings on ebay with that "works for new accounts only". I almost bought one too but thankfully i was outbid. Live and 1600 MP cards need to be activated if there not sealed in those containers and those sellers on ebay probably stole them, since its just the card only.

I went to the xbox.com site and sent them a email about this and they told me that ALL xbox 360 live prepaid cards will allow you to create OR extend an existing account.

basically stay away from sellers that tell you "works on new accounts only"

[quote name='ravenbear']ymmv
xbox live 12 month card $24 clearance at Target[/quote]

Mine had 2 for $35 last week. Ill have to check again on Tuesday after they slash the prices again and hope theyre still there.

[quote name='Bezerker']Mine had 2 for $35 last week. Ill have to check again on Tuesday after they slash the prices again and hope theyre still there.[/quote]
was surprised as I was there two weeks ago and they were full price. Happened to be back in that area so went to check wii clearance and found these instead.

a kmart in my area also has the xbox live kit with the pgr and other game for 42. Wished they would drop that price but they don't. Also not sure if those cards expired in that kit since is an older one.

I've seen the Vision Camera bundle for $62 in store at Sam's Club. They also have it listed on their site, but it's almost $68 shipped there.

bread's done
Back