Xbox Live Subscription Deals Compilation

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of Xbox Live deals floating around, so I just compiled them for easy access.

Xbox Vision Kit
Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
2 Arcade games (worth $20)
XBOX headset (worth $15)
Gold for 12 months

$66 shipped at Amazon (thaks Magyk)
Kmart - $36 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
Compusa - $49.99 (as of 1/21)
CDUniverse.com - $41.94 after $10 off Google Checkout

12+1 Month Live Subscription Card
Amazon.com - $39.99

3 Month Live Subscription Kit
card + Headset

- Toys R' Us - $5 or $10 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']This isn't the greatest deal. I just got four 3month cards for $10 each at TRU. These are the ones that are packaged for the original XBOX but also work with the 360. I know what you are thinking- it comes out to $40- WRONG!!! Each 3 month pack comes with a headset and adapter. A headset and adapter combo trades in for a little more than $4 at EB/GS. So you end up spending $40 but you also get $12 credit at EB/GS.[/quote]
Updated 3/20

I hate to ask, but if anyone can pick me up a card for a clearanced price (under or around $30) I would really appreciate it. There'd be no shipping involved since you can just send me the code and I can paypal or whatever.

I've been on the lookout for one for a long time but I always miss online deals and B&M places are never on clearance around here. Been out of a subscription for about 6 months now.

[quote name='traslin']Xbox Live Vision bundle for $46 at Sam's on SW freeway in Houston. YMMV of course.[/QUOTE]

is this the sams on west airport?

[quote name='guitarguy']my 1 year subscription runs out in a week...any deals or am i gonna have to drop another $50?[/quote]

Buy.com raised the Halo card to $37 shipped after GCO. Still not too bad assuming you cant the original 12 month card for $15 (or possibly less) @ Target.

[quote name='crashnburn69']is this the sams on west airport?[/quote]

That's the one. After I bought mine, there were 2 left, but one of them had been tampered with. Hopefully, the other sealed up box is still there.

[quote name='Tsukento']Just dropped by Kmart. Their old 12-Month Gold kits with the rebate that expired last year were ringing up for $12 each.[/quote]
Stopped by kmart in peters township PA and they only had a couple of 3 month live cards locked up - looked new, regular price. I did snag a silver faceplate for $2.50. Honestly the highest price I'd pay for a faceplate :)

They did still have a 20gb PS3 though, and even though it begs for a "discontinued clearance" it's still clearly marked as $499. I'd be tempted to bite in the mid-3's.

[quote name='ajh2298']http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-Live-12-Month-Keycode-both-new-or-existing-acc_W0QQitemZ230124877470QQihZ013QQcategoryZ122517QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do these look legit?

And what does it mean when it says "register via the xbox website", does that mean you cant use these through the 360 dashboard?[/quote]Seems alright to me. I would maybe just email him and make sure that it works with us accounts , but his feedback is all for this item which I would think seems like it's a good deal.

So I found the old Xbox Live 12 month card at a Compusa clearance for $30. I was planning on using it with my old Xbox still to play Halo2 but I can transfer it to an Xbox Live Gold subscription when I finally buy a 360 correct?

[quote name='MadFlava']So I found the old Xbox Live 12 month card at a Compusa clearance for $30. I was planning on using it with my old Xbox still to play Halo2 but I can transfer it to an Xbox Live Gold subscription when I finally buy a 360 correct?[/quote]
Correct. I did this with my old Xbox and it migrated to my 360 without any issues.

So my 1 month ran out on my 360, if I buy a 12 month XBOX 360 card for 50 bucks I just put in the code and I can continue with my existing XBL gamertag? Do the old XBOX 12 month card codes work on the 360?

The most important thing to me is keeping my gamertag, I don't want to bother with any options that require me to make another profile, suggestions and any where I can find cards for cheap?

[quote name='iguss']I need a one month card for the halo beta....any good deals?[/quote]

CompUSA. I believe they close this weekend. They'll be dirt cheap.

[quote name='iguss']I need a one month card for the halo beta....any good deals?[/QUOTE]

How many new Live accounts have you made on your 360, Because each 360 (except for Core owners) gets a free 1-month Gold trial for the 1st 3 live accounts made on it.

As you make the new Live account at the end you'll get to that screen asking some stuff like how you want your account (Silver, 1,3 or 12 month gold) just go with silver and on the next screen it should say that your eligible for a free 1-month gold.

I didn't know it but I had a 1mo. subscribe to gold that expired in june so I just activated it. Only problem is I got a yr subscribe to gold via ebay and the code was emailed to me. I want to use it now so I know it's the real deal. Will I lose my just activated 1mo. or will it be added to my year?? Thanks

[quote name='VipFREAK']I didn't know it but I had a 1mo. subscribe to gold that expired in june so I just activated it. Only problem is I got a yr subscribe to gold via ebay and the code was emailed to me. I want to use it now so I know it's the real deal. Will I lose my just activated 1mo. or will it be added to my year?? Thanks[/QUOTE]

don't worry it'll be added together, so you should have 13months when you do it. The max you can have is 36months

[quote name='DrunknDragun']How many new Live accounts have you made on your 360, Because each 360 (except for Core owners) gets a free 1-month Gold trial for the 1st 3 live accounts made on it.

As you make the new Live account at the end you'll get to that screen asking some stuff like how you want your account (Silver, 1,3 or 12 month gold) just go with silver and on the next screen it should say that your eligible for a free 1-month gold.[/QUOTE]
For the beta, the invitation is non transferable so I cannot create a new account.

Circuit City has the HALO 3 12 + 1 month XBL Gold card for $39.99 ($10 instant off)

does Buy.com still have that $28.88 deal for this or is that over?

[quote name='propeller_head']Circuit City has the HALO 3 12 + 1 month XBL Gold card for $39.99 ($10 instant off)

does Buy.com still have that $28.88 deal for this or is that over?[/quote]

Why not try it and see? It worked for me a couple days ago (I used the 5% off coupon in the other thread).

I found a 12 month kit with Bankshot Billiards and 200 points at the Dayton Mall CompUSA on Managers special for ~$40. All their blister pack sub and points cards were on special along with the older boxed live kits with the expired coupons on the front. The 12 month kit was the best deal and they were out of points cards, so YMMV.

[quote name='turls']Why not try it and see? It worked for me a couple days ago (I used the 5% off coupon in the other thread).[/QUOTE]

The $28 is after GCO, which no longer works for a lot of people. Still for $37 shipped it's a good deal :)

YMMV - myself and other people have found old xbox cards for $15-$20 at Sears on clearance. I didn't realize I could use it for Gold at the time (few days ago)

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']YMMV - myself and other people have found old xbox cards for $15-$20 at Sears on clearance. I didn't realize I could use it for Gold at the time (few days ago)[/quote]
Hmm. Just what could you use XBL cards for? An expensive way to fill up your wallet I guess.

[quote name='MadFlava']So I found the old Xbox Live 12 month card at a Compusa clearance for $30. I was planning on using it with my old Xbox still to play Halo2 but I can transfer it to an Xbox Live Gold subscription when I finally buy a 360 correct?[/quote]
[quote name='shrike4242']Correct. I did this with my old Xbox and it migrated to my 360 without any issues.[/quote]
I'm not entirely sure that putting it straight into a 360 works perfectly (although MS treats og Live and Live Gold as nearly the same animal now - so maybe it does), but if you are buying a new 360 and have an OG Xbox to put this code in first, you're saving a rather decent amount of money.

[quote name='Gorge']So my 1 month ran out on my 360, if I buy a 12 month XBOX 360 card for 50 bucks I just put in the code and I can continue with my existing XBL gamertag? Do the old XBOX 12 month card codes work on the 360?

The most important thing to me is keeping my gamertag, I don't want to bother with any options that require me to make another profile, suggestions and any where I can find cards for cheap?[/quote]

The card applies to whichever gamertag you're signed into when you redeem your card. So, assuming you auto-signin with the profile you want to extend, just enter the code in the Marketplace and it should update.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']I'm not entirely sure that putting it straight into a 360 works perfectly (although MS treats og Live and Live Gold as nearly the same animal now - so maybe it does), but if you are buying a new 360 and have an OG Xbox to put this code in first, you're saving a rather decent amount of money.[/QUOTE]
I just put in a code from a PGR2 gold kit into my 360 and it took.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']Hmm. Just what could you use XBL cards for? An expensive way to fill up your wallet I guess.[/QUOTE]
I had original Xbox but never signed up for Live as I was too cheap and sold the system after owning it for 2 months.

I found 11 of the original Xbox Live kits from Sears for $15 each. Since I've been meaning to get Xbox Live for the 360, Im too cheap to spend $40-60 on 1 year sub for Live. Here is proof that the original Xbox Live kits work on 360

xboxlivecard.jpg

xboxlive2.jpg

xboxlive7.jpg

xboxlive8.jpg

Goddammit. I searched every description I could find for "Xbox 360 Live Camera Bundle" and none of them said it came with 12-months of Xbox Live. Not. One. So I went a bought the "Xbox Live Vision Gold Pack" instead.

The description for the Gold Pack DOES say it includes 12 months of live, but not a headset or UNO. I went with 12 months of live as a better deal than a headset and UNO.

I may have just screwed myself.

bread's done
Back