Xbox Live Summer of Arcade

spree4567

CAGiversary!
A chance to win 100,000 points and a system for free. Also other prizes including 4000 points each week. All you have to do is download the trial or full version of the arcade release for the next 5 weeks to enter and have a chance to win. Good games for these 5 weeks too.

July 30th - Geometry Wars 2
August 6th - Braid
August 13th - Bionic Commando Rearmed
August 20th - Galaga Legions
August 27th - Castle Crashers

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/summerofarcade/

I am all over this. Glad to see a few dates listed on XBL games that I have been looking forward to for a long time.

Time to go find some cheap points cards ASAP

I have a question to one of the rules:

Earn Entries

During each Prize Period, registered players will automatically receive one (1) entry when they log into the Xbox LIVE service and play the free trial version or full game version of the designated Xbox LIVE Arcade game.

Does that mean I can just play it multiple times in one period to get entries or will it just be one entry per game per period. Since it says during each prize period makes me think one entry for that whole time, but then they mention that it is one entry when you play it on Live...so makes me wonder if you can get multiple entries.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I have a question to one of the rules:

Earn Entries

During each Prize Period, registered players will automatically receive one (1) entry when they log into the Xbox LIVE service and play the free trial version or full game version of the designated Xbox LIVE Arcade game.

Does that mean I can just play it multiple times in one period to get entries or will it just be one entry per game per period. Since it says during each prize period makes me think one entry for that whole time, but then they mention that it is one entry when you play it on Live...so makes me wonder if you can get multiple entries.[/quote]
I think it's basically saying that you'll get your entry once you play the game. Like, you can't just download the game and call it good, you have to download it AND play it before it will count.

Cool, thanks op. I actually won 400 points from the PGR4 play and win, so it's worth the time to try. Would have downloaded them, but probably wouldn't have played yet, so thanks for the heads up.

Thanks OP, since it's now after 12:01am EST, I guess I can go play and get my 1st entry! Convenient since I'll be out of town during the rest of this week.

For all of us who are currently Boxless for one reason (RROD) or another (Disc-Read Errors), here is the alternate method of entry so we don't miss out:

"You can enter by mail by hand printing your first and last name, address, city, state / province, ZIP/postal code, country, phone number, e-mail address (if any) and the Prize Period that you are entering (i.e., 1,2,3,4 or 5) on a 3x5 piece of paper and mail it to:

For residents of U.S. and Canada:
Xbox LIVE Summer of Arcade Sweepstakes Prize Draw
PO Box 4079
Grand Rapids MN 55730-4079

Limit one (1) entry per outer mailing envelope. Mail-in entry(ies) must be received by the dates described in Section 1 above.

We will only accept one (1) entry per person per Prize Period, regardless of entry method. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive, but are not decipherable for any reason.

We will automatically disqualify:

1. Any incomplete or illegible entry; OR
  2. Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.

Just in case!

bread's done
Back