Xbox Live Vision Cameras on eBay

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Are there any cags helping out any other cags? Or just people selling for as much profit as possible?[/quote]

These aren't even supposed to be out yet, why does it matter? Just wait a month if you really need one. He made the effort to go find them, why shouldn't he profit?

[quote name='xghostsniperx']These aren't even supposed to be out yet, why does it matter? Just wait a month if you really need one. He made the effort to go find them, why shouldn't he profit?[/QUOTE]

Because by buying them for resale he took the chance away from others who wanted to actually USE them to be able to make "the effort to go find them".

Hoarding and reselling is always ass.

[quote name='Koggit']Because by buying them for resale he took the chance away from others who wanted to actually USE them to be able to make "the effort to go find them".

Hoarding and reselling is always ass.[/quote]

You're right, I didn't realize he had three up on eBay.

im not forcing anyone to buy them. im just saying i have them if you want one try to win it. what do i look like? Unicef?

[quote name='thatdude90']what do i look like? Unicef?[/QUOTE]

A dick that doesn't understand the backstory of the CAG community.

You'd be way better off over at FatWallet, where they applaud hoarding and reselling.

[quote name='thatdude90']im not forcing anyone to buy them. im just saying i have them if you want one try to win it. what do i look like? Unicef?[/quote]

No, but I do see "dipshit" in your direction...

And if it were up to me after that little smart ass remark you'd get at least a temp ban...

Awww, just temp?

I don't really understand why members like him AREN'T banned. The vast majority of the community despise those who hoard and resell, because it takes the chance away from others to get the deal. Isn't spreading word of deals the entire point of this community? So, in effect, people such as thatdude90 are counteractive to this community's goals and efforts.

Essentially, by allowing hoarders to roam free, other users are discouraged from actrively sharing good deals. I actually stopped posting deals on SlickDeas and FatWallet specifically because there were so many hoarders - why should I post a deal only to have one person buy them out and profit from it?

We should all petition Cheapy to take action. =)

Um... but there is no deal here. He's tracking these down himself, paying full price, and throwing them on Ebay where idiots are paying double and triple (!!!) the price for them. I'd do the same thing if I could find them, one camera's profits = a 360 game for doing almost nothing, that's the greatest deal of all.

Like he said, these things will be available EVERYWHERE in the next month, why the need to flame the OP? Is it just because other people want to be "leet" and have the cameras early too?

I can kind of see if he was using a deal he found on CAG and getting the camera's for like $10 and reselling them, but there is no deal he's exploiting, he dosen't owe the community anything for these, and maybe someone on CAG really wants a camera bad enough to go ahead and throw a bid down? Just because news broke first on CAG that the camera was leaked early, I'd hardly consider that a "deal", it wasn't even posted in the deal forums.

You people are acting like these are some kind of limited edition super awesome camera's, they are just regular 360 camera's that will be clogging the shelves come September 19th and he's taking advantage of the stupid market that is going to pay $100 - $120 per camera.

Some of you would be very surpirsed how much of this community "hoards and resells". I guarantee for every 1 person hooking someone up on CAG with a camera there are 10 more on CAG grabbing some to profit, and bravo for them, if people want to pay $120 for a $40 Xbox Live Vision Camera than more power to them.

[quote name='Roufuss']Um... but there is no deal here. He's tracking these down himself, paying full price, and throwing them on Ebay where idiots are paying double and triple (!!!) the price for them. I'd do the same thing if I could find them, one camera's profits = a 360 game for doing almost nothing, that's the greatest deal of all.

Like he said, these things will be available EVERYWHERE in the next month, why the need to flame the OP? Is it just because other people want to be "leet" and have the cameras early too?

I can kind of see if he was using a deal he found on CAG and getting the camera's for like $10 and reselling them, but there is no deal he's exploiting, he dosen't owe the community anything for these, and maybe someone on CAG really wants a camera bad enough to go ahead and throw a bid down? Just because news broke first on CAG that the camera was leaked early, I'd hardly consider that a "deal", it wasn't even posted in the deal forums.

You people are acting like these are some kind of limited edition super awesome camera's, they are just regular 360 camera's that will be clogging the shelves come September 19th and he's taking advantage of the stupid market that is going to pay $100 - $120 per camera.

Some of you would be very surpirsed how much of this community "hoards and resells". I guarantee for every 1 person hooking someone up on CAG with a camera there are 10 more on CAG grabbing some to profit, and bravo for them, if people want to pay $120 for a $40 Xbox Live Vision Camera than more power to them.[/QUOTE]

...and hopefully I will find 5 of these today for ebay! These got released 1 month early, there not rare, there not going to be hard to find, TRU simply made a mistake. Congrats to those who have these!

[quote name='Roufuss']Um... but there is no deal here. He's tracking these down himself, paying full price, and throwing them on Ebay where idiots are paying double and triple (!!!) the price for them. I'd do the same thing if I could find them, one camera's profits = a 360 game for doing almost nothing, that's the greatest deal of all.

Some of you would be very surpirsed how much of this community "hoards and resells". I guarantee for every 1 person hooking someone up on CAG with a camera there are 10 more on CAG grabbing some to profit, and bravo for them, if people want to pay $120 for a $40 Xbox Live Vision Camera than more power to them.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

people act like everybody hooks everyone else up with deals all the time. it's rare that someone actually does this and always has been. A couple people volunteer on some of the larger deals and that's it.

and just because a few squeaky wheels won't bid doesn't mean it's not worthy of posting in the auction forum. Lots of lurkers look here and they might want an early camera and are willing to pay the price.

and btw, I think Cheapy gets referral cash to keep the site going from these auctions.

[quote name='gizmogc']...and hopefully I will find 5 of these today for ebay! These got released 1 month early, there not rare, there not going to be hard to find, TRU simply made a mistake. Congrats to those who have these![/QUOTE]

Good luck with that... another CAG I know snagged some at a town about 2 hours away (congrats to him!) and all of my local stores have 0. I could use another couple $100 after the DoA 4 arcade stick craziness.

Xbox 360 fans are a crazy bunch with deep pockets.

I called my TRU but they said they didnt have it. However its TRU...they don't know what the hell they are doing. So far I have not found any CA members here that found them.

Are you missing my point, or ignoring it? I don't mean that in an offensive way in the least - I respect you as a member here, I just don't know how to word it more politely.

What I was trying to say, and perhaps was unclear on, is members who resell in auctions are detrimental to the goals of our community. The reason I started posting here, and I'm sure this is true of nearly all members, is to take place in the community of users who find and share deals. I want to be able to help others out by posting the deals I find, and I want to be able to take advantage of deals others post. Doesn't this hold true for all of us?

Now, since hoarders are taking items with high-demand (e.g. gamers want to buy) off of the shelves and making them available at a higher price, they're essentially taking money out of our collective pocket. That is the exact OPPOSITE of the reason I am a member of this community - the exact opposite of why this community has formed.

It doesn't matter whether it was posted here as a deal or not, if he found them on his own or not... the only point that needs to be understood is that buying and auctioning off for profit is counteractive to our goals.

If I come across a good deal, but know people like him browse here, why would I want to post it? Or, conversely, if somebody else posts a good deal, why should he be allowed to buy out the stock from other CAGs? Communities such as ours are supposed to look out for one another - it's a you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours situation. Why allow someone to stay if they're only looking for profit at the expense of other members?

This rant holds true for all deal communities, particularly FatWallet and SlickDeals. CAG is one of the better communities out there in terms of moralty, but lately it seems that's slowly changing, with more and more of these scavengers looking for a quick buck.

i agree with Roufuss that it's not really a deal per se, since it is MSRP and it will be readily available to everyone who wants one in a month...however, i still don't think he should post it so openly to CAG's...if he's gonna post it on ebay, post it and be hush-hush about it is what i suggest since many CAG's will get on his case about something like this

at least offer a CAG discount or something :lol:

its called economics. if the demand rises the price rises or something like that. i never said this was a deal. if i want to try and make some money which i need. just because you want one you dont have to flame and say i should get banned because im not helping the community. if this was a deal i would have put it in the deals section saying tht i would do first come first serve. im allowed to do this, its capitalism. go cry about it.

oh by the way, why should i get banned for saying what i want? dumbass

[quote name='thatdude90']its called economics. if the demand rises the price rises or something like that. i never said this was a deal. if i want to try and make some money which i need. just because you want one you dont have to flame and say i should get banned because im not helping the community. if this was a deal i would have put it in the deals section saying tht i would do first come first serve. im allowed to do this, its capitalism. go cry about it.

oh by the way, why should i get banned for saying what i want? dumbass[/QUOTE]

1. I don't want one.

2. I'm not complaining about your price, I could care less how high or low your asking price was.

3. Read my previous post.

if you are against what im doing then just quit caring, i got your whole yeah for the community thing but i went out and bought these to resell. no one told me about them CAG was late to the game about informing people about these they have been out at TRU since friday. i found out they had them at engadget.com so you cant say im stopping cagers if no one even knew about it.

The reason people don't hook others up is usually people want the crap at a price that doesn't even cover shipping which I have seen a few times in some the deals I have scored. Why should someone be entitled to a deal that they missed because of bad luck or more likely sitting on their ass? It's not liked he pulled ten of them off the shelves or anything. I say bravo to him for taking advantage of peoples stupidity on EBAY

[quote name='thatdude90']if you are against what im doing then just quit caring, i got your whole yeah for the community thing but i went out and bought these to resell. no one told me about them CAG was late to the game about informing people about these they have been out at TRU since friday. i found out they had them at engadget.com so you cant say im stopping cagers if no one even knew about it.[/QUOTE]

Still missing the point entirely...

I care about this community, this community is worth my time, but you are not.

[quote name='Koggit']Still missing the point entirely...

I care about this community, this community is worth my time, but you are not.[/QUOTE]

you're saying that someone can't sell some stuff for profit on ebay and be a contributing member on CAG? that's what it seems like. if so, I highly disagree. there's no wrong way to be a CAG within the walls of legality imo. everyone's got a different situation and flipping works better for some of us, especially the poor college students ;)

[quote name='Koggit']Still missing the point entirely...

I care about this community, this community is worth my time, but you are not.[/QUOTE]

apparently i am because you keep wasting your time saying that what im doing is wrong. i can let people know that i have some for sale but do you know how many people want to buy these that are in europe? look at all of my auctions and look at the questions. they dont even get this thing untill October. if someone on these boardswants it bad enough they will buy it i couldnt care less. i know im going to sell them all even if its not to someone on this site.

[quote name='Apossum']you're saying that someone can't sell some stuff for profit on ebay and be a contributing member on CAG? that's what it seems like. if so, I highly disagree. there's no wrong way to be a CAG within the walls of legality imo. everyone's got a different situation and flipping works better for some of us, especially the poor college students ;)[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm not saying that at all. There's a grey area, for sure. Some people will clean a shelf for their own personl gain but then post a thread letting others know to keep an eye out in their area. I'm okay with that, because it shows they're also here to contribute to the community they reap benefits from.

However, when a member has 15 posts over several years and every one of them is for their own gain, they shouldn't be here. The community suffers by their presence.

[quote name='thatdude90']apparently i am because you keep wasting your time saying that what im doing is wrong. i can let people know that i have some for sale but do you know how many people want to buy these that are in europe? look at all of my auctions and look at the questions. they dont even get this thing untill October. if someone on these boardswants it bad enough they will buy it i couldnt care less. i know im going to sell them all even if its not to someone on this site.[/QUOTE]

The only posts directed toward you at all have been these short one-setence replies. My original rants were on people like you, to the community. Not about you to you. Grow up, yeah?

I guess...i mean, if Cheapy gets referral money for auctions, that's contributing something.

you want to know why i go to this site, i dont have alot of money to spend on games. im selling these to make money to buy games when they come out. there are so many games i want this fall/ winter. this is my way to have money to buy those. look whos talkin about growing up you are bitching about my posts. i dont care if i post alot on this site, you think everyone that goes to this site is a registered user and posts 200 times a day? get real man.

Didn't see Shipwreck's post. Forget it, do what you want. I'm just saying it'd be great if instead of selling like 6 on Ebay just give at least one to a CAG for $10 extra including shipping or something, have like a conest...but yeah, whatever.

Hello fellow CAGers! I just wanted to let you guys know I scored some cameras myself. I have on on ebay now at a buy it now price of 90$ with 5$ shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-LIVE-VISIO...QQihZ008QQcategoryZ122517QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have another camera set tp go up on auction later tuesday night with a 1.00$ reserve, and a buy it now price of 100$.

If anybody wants to check out the quality of the camera just send me a friend request gamertag=Generalpatton71

bread's done
Back