Xbox Live Weekly Deals - Fable 800 MSP (33% off)

Grease_Bits

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[quote name='Major Nelson']After the successful run the deal of the week had last December, we’re bringing it back on a regular basis. Starting Monday, February 23rd Xbox LIVE Gold members will receive a discount on a different piece of content each week (Arcade games, Game Add-Ons, Xbox Originals.)...

Here are some details around the program:
The special deal pricing is available for Gold Members only
I’ll post the new deal each Monday morning when it becomes available at the special price
The Marketplace team is doing their best to make a Deal of the Week available in Xbox LIVE regions
*You must be signed in as a Gold Member on the web marketplace to see the lower prices

Coming later this month, Xbox LIVE Gold members will also have exclusive access to steep discounts on Game Add-ons for Ninja Gaiden II and Project Gotham Racing 4, as well as the original Xbox classic, Fable.[/QUOTE]

Deal 1: Feb 23 - Mar 1: Braid 800 MSP
Deal 2: Mar 2 - Mar 8: Ninja Gaiden 2 Mission Mode 560 MSP
Deal 3: Mar 9 - Mar 15: PGR4 Premium Challenge Pack 240 MSP
Deal 4: Mar 16 - Mar 22: Fable 800 MSP
Deal 5: Mar 23 - 29: Battlestations Midway: Iowa Mission Pack
Deal 6: Mar 30 - Apr 5: Alien Hominid HD 400 MSP

Want to buy MSP online?
Prices via Xbox.com
Xbox LIVE 500 Microsoft Points bundle - $7.25
Xbox LIVE 1000 Microsoft Points bundle - $14.50
Xbox LIVE 2000 Microsoft Points bundle - $29.00
Xbox LIVE 5000 Microsoft Points bundle - $72.00

Want to buy a MSP card?
Prices via Futureshop
1400 Points Card - $19.99
2800 Points Card - $39.99

I'll be updating this every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... do the 48 hour free live cards allow people access to the gold benefits or just gaming online. I want this game but I'm not a gold member.

[quote name='snuter']Hmmm... do the 48 hour free live cards allow people access to the gold benefits or just gaming online. I want this game but I'm not a gold member.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they don't. The 1 month trials do, though.

[quote name='rkenshin']I hope Castle Crashers doesn't go on sale because I just bought it three days ago[/quote]
But that's the only arcade title I wanted

Either that or the Burnout Legendary Cars, but I doubt those will go on sale

Awesome, I've been putting off getting this because I've been too lazy to buy a MS points card... hooray for procrastination!

1400 points for around $15, if you wait for the right sale. The normal going rate is $19.99 for 1400 points, Amazon.ca has them for $18.99, occasional sales put them at $15.99-$17.99

[quote name='bi-gE']I guess I need to pay more attention but I've never seen 1400 points for $15.[/quote]

BestBuy sale $16.99 for 1400 points right now.

It's about time they started doing this. I've bought so much because of Steam's weekend sales, and MS is smart to do the same thing. There are a few XBLA games I won't pay full price for but will gladly buy if they go on sale.

[quote name='bs000']BestBuy sale $16.99 for 1400 points right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they add $1.99 per item for shipping (at least to the East coast). Dell.ca has 1400 point cards on for a regular price of 18.99, and they always have free shipping:

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...tdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=A0959367

I know the Dell price is still $0.01 higher than the Best Buy after shipping is added, but at least the Dell price will still be the same after BB's sale is over. Who knows, you might even find a coupon from Dell to make it cheaper.

[quote name='bi-gE']I guess I need to pay more attention but I've never seen 1400 points for $15.[/quote]
TrU has had 25% gaming accessories, bringing them down to $14.99 from $19.99.

[quote name='elevature']... I won't pay full price for but will gladly buy if they go on sale.[/quote]

Isn't that the same feeling for everything though?

I ponied up 1200 for this game way back, lots of fun, I hope the penny pinchers can do the same now (unless 800 is way too much, c'mon guys it's like $4 extra dollars, I'm sure your moms'll give you some cash and it's pretty damn what you spend on burgers for your fat asses, just buy the damn game it's some good shit).

Is there some way to get 200 quick points? Can't go out and grab a points card, and only have 600 points lol.

[quote name='kathos']Isn't that the same feeling for everything though?

I ponied up 1200 for this game way back, lots of fun, I hope the penny pinchers can do the same now (unless 800 is way too much, c'mon guys it's like $4 extra dollars, I'm sure your moms'll give you some cash and it's pretty damn what you spend on burgers for your fat asses, just buy the damn game it's some good shit).[/quote]

Good shit... I hear it's made for people who like to drink and smoke

Not sure, but if it doesn't work, what you could do is retrieve their account on your system, download the game, delete it, then tell them to go and download braid when you want them to see their gift :D.
(Although they could only play the game when connected to the internet)

[quote name='Mxylptlk']Isn't the COD4 map pack on sale now... normally 800pts, now 400. Sale ends today.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2009/0224-cod4.htm[/quote]

omg I was going to buy the cod4 maps, but when I bought my microsoft points from EB games the code spot was blank. I didn't have time to go back to EB games because I live 20 mins away. well that pisses me off, :censored:

[quote name='turgore2008']hmm...so now can you play missions separately ?[/quote]

No it's not the same missions. It's just time trials, survival and another mode I think.

[quote name='turgore2008']question ...what is the minimum $ a pack of Microsoft points cost ? Do they sell in 800 points ? 1200 ?[/quote]

from what I can remember, if you buy them with your credit card on xbl, the lowest amount is 100 points.

[quote name='dave17']from what I can remember, if you buy them with your credit card on xbl, the lowest amount is 100 points.[/quote]

Lowest with a credit card is 500 and it goes up in increments of that value. 500, 1000, 2000 I believe.

BUMP!
PGR4 Premium Challenge Pack 240 MSP.

Also added links and info for prices of MSP, both from xbox.com and instore(Futureshop).

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP
This weeks deal Fable 800 MSP.

Also they've revealed the deals for the rest of the month:
Deal 5: Mar 23 - 29: Battlestations Midway: Iowa Mission Pack (Unknown price)
Deal 6: Mar 30 - Apr 5: Alien Hominid HD 400 MS

Ya saw the Fable one yesterday...Man all these deals really suck...was hoping for at least something I'd want.

Next 4 weeks of deals:
April 6 - “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One,” for only 800 Microsoft Points – 50 percent off the regular price!

April 13 - “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® 2 Co-op Collection,” Game Add-on for a mere 320 Microsoft Points, a 20 percent discount.

April 20 - “Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 09,” “Spyglass Hill Golf Course” Game Add-on for only 400 Microsoft Points, a 33 percent discount.

April 27 - NBA LIVE 365 Subscription Game Add-on for 560 Microsoft Points, a 30 percent discount.

The Alien Hominid and Braid deals were amazing. Sadly I didn't get my gold subscription in time to get Braid though :(

Alien Hominid is crushing me but I love it.

Waiting for the return of some 200 point Arcade titles. I bought Dig Dug a couple years back for that.

Failing that, give me some 800 games for 400. I'd be more inclined to buy things if they were priced at 400.

They really need to add some more of the older titles to the Arcade's hit list. -.-

If you bought Braid, check your email.. I got this today.. pretty sure I only paid 800 points for it though, so we'll see if I get a "refund"

Dear Xbox LIVE Gold Member:

We launched Deal of the Week program on Feb 23rd, 2009 as an added benefit to your Gold membership and we are very excited to see the overwhelming response we have received from our loyal users such as you.

As a result of the increased transactions we know that you experienced an intermittent Xbox LIVE issue, which resulted in you being charged full price of 1200 points for the ‘Braid’ deal instead of the discounted price of 800 points. We sincerely wish to apologize for the technical glitch and would like to take this moment to thank you for your patience and understanding as our team worked around the clock to fix this problem.

We will not only be crediting back the 400 points that were overcharged, but also be crediting an extra 100 points as a token of our appreciation and as a thank you for your loyalty during this period. You will see a credit of 500 points in your account in the coming weeks.

With unlimited online gaming, instant streaming of Netflix movies*, early access to game demos and now the exclusive discounts of Deal of the Week, we hope you continue to enjoy your Gold membership!

Sincerely,

Xbox LIVE Team

*Netflix sold separately

[quote name='neksus']Not if you only paid 800 to begin with :razz:[/QUOTE]

But it was broken and charged 1200 points even though it said 800. And even if they did fix it, I'm sure Microsoft knows who and who didn't get overcharged.

bread's done
Back