Xbox MS Points Card Verification

Retom7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I found a good deal, if it's true. Someone is claiming to have a bunch of 1600 point Ballad of Gay Tony MS Points cards for sale. They are looking for a low price claiming that they don't have an xbox and they just want to get rid of them.

Anyway, I was considering picking them up. I am not a fan of trusting craigslist people, so him coming to my house is not an option (just don't want someone in my home who I don't know). He's willing to meet locally, so I could also always meet him, buy one of the cards, run home, try it, and if it works, buy the rest. OR, I was wondering if anyone has a card or knows the details, but can you verify that a card is good by calling an 800 number on the back or something? I realize you have to rip the tab open to get the number, but if they are legitimate, he should be willing to do that.

So, can anyone give me a hand out there? I have never used one of those cards or taken the time to read the back. I couldn't find anything through google or xbox, but I'll admit to not trying very hard either. Work computer is too slow for research.

[quote name='Retom7']They are looking for a low price claiming that they don't have an xbox and they just want to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

If this isn't a flat-out scam it's flat-out trying to unload stolen goods. I would advise strongly against meeting this guy. No deal is worth getting in trouble with the law for.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']You can redeem points via Xbox.com so try bringing a cell-phone that can use the Internet.[/QUOTE]

Or meet him at starbucks/chic-fil-a/other business with free wifi during business hours and activate it over the internet (laptop) on xbox.com prior to payment to them. If it is legit and not just stolen from the shelf (i.e. no codes active), they will be ok with the terms.

[quote name='Temidien']If this isn't a flat-out scam it's flat-out trying to unload stolen goods. I would advise strongly against meeting this guy. No deal is worth getting in trouble with the law for.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warning Tem. I realize it sounds shady, but I take every deal on CL as shady. I suppose it could be an issue of stolen property, but I'm convinced that dealing with such a small amount of merchandise, that nobody would follow up or bother looking for it if it was, and that if it DID come back to me, I don't really care about the $ that much. The price is low enough, it's really not an issue, I just want to make sure I don't hand them my $.

That's a good idea about Xbox.com. I didn't even think about that. I can just bring my laptop (I have the LG EnV Touch, but I don't know if I can get xbox.com to work on it.). There is a Starbucks, so I will just meet him there, I believe they have free WiFi! Thanks!

[quote name='lordopus99']Or meet him at starbucks/chic-fil-a/other business with free wifi during business hours and activate it over the internet (laptop) on xbox.com prior to payment to them. If it is legit and not just stolen from the shelf (i.e. no codes active), they will be ok with the terms.[/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike. Thanks for the help guys. CAG coming through.

Forgot about activating online, good call guys. Personally I wouldn't purchase anything I can't get a receipt for unless it's from a friend or someone I know, but if you can verify it's legit on the spot, more power to ya.

[quote name='lordopus99']Or meet him at starbucks/chic-fil-a/other business with free wifi during business hours and activate it over the internet (laptop) on xbox.com prior to payment to them. If it is legit and not just stolen from the shelf (i.e. no codes active), they will be ok with the terms.[/QUOTE]

Wow, awesome idea. I would have never thought of that.

The Gay Tony point 1600 pt card. Are the kind that have to be activated by the stores registers. Good luck getting any that are activated. If you do, congrats.

bread's done
Back