Xbox Next Question ??

deathcabforcutie

CAGiversary!
ok.. heres what ive been struggling with lately... i bought my xbox a few months ago (maybe.. 3-4 months at the most) and since then, my game library has grown to 34 games... all i near now is how micrsoft is pushing to release their new next gen system first, but i for one, am not ready for it. im actually very satisfied with the current gens and would be content with just the plain ole' xbox, gc, and ps2 for a few more years! so that gets me to my question.. when xbox next comes out, will microsoft end support of the xbox, or will they treat it like sony did ps1 and still release select games on it for a while??

Even when Xbox Next comes out, you can still play Xbox games. Don't feel the need to buy the newest system until you are ready to. It wouldn't be a bad idea to play all the Xbox games that you want first. By that time, maybe the Xbox Next will be out and at a discounted price!

im pretty sure sony will continue to support the ps2 when the ps3 is released and i know for sure that nintendo will continue to support the gamecube after their new system comes out. so im guessing that microsoft will continue to support the xbox, since everyone else would be doing it. and incase you didnt know, when the xbox2 comes out you wont be able to play original xbox games on it. i'm sorta guessing thats good news for you, since you cant say to yourself "omg i cant believe i got an xbox when i could have waited and bought a xbox2 which would have played all the original xb games"

[quote name='Explosion']and incase you didnt know, when the xbox2 comes out you wont be able to play original xbox games on it.[/quote]

So where's the official Microsoft specs that say this, chief? Or are you just pulling shit out of your ass or listening to those douchebags on GameFAQs?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Explosion']and incase you didnt know, when the xbox2 comes out you wont be able to play original xbox games on it.[/quote]

So where's the official Microsoft specs that say this, chief? Or are you just pulling shit out of your ass or listening to those douchebags on GameFAQs?[/quote]

if that ends up the case....i wont be buying the nextbox until its near its last pricedrop....i mean, microsoft would be stupid to not allow the original xbox games to play on the nextbox....whats the downside to allowing the original ones play?

Hey banky...dont be an ass...Xbox Next will use a ATI graphics card...xbox uses nvidia...it would be almost impossible to make it backwards compatible

i dont have an xbox so i never thoroughly check out all the news i hear about it.

i first heard that it wouldnt be backwards compatible with xbox on slashdot.org and the info seemed to be legit. i didnt know it was just a rumor.

i personally think that microsoft should be shot in the face if they dont include backward compatibilty, because who the hell would want to keep their 10 ton xbox along with their xbox2 just to play old xbox games?

From a business standpoint, wouldn't it be suicide to not be backwards compatible? Just my 2 cents.. I'm not really going to worry about it. Just for the hell of it, I'll play Snoopy and the Red Baron on my Atari 2600 on console launch date.

Since XBOX games use DirectX8.1 the GPU won’t be the problem. The only problem I can see is getting the game to run on a non-x86 architecture, the IBM chips said to be in the next xbox are much different than Intel or AMD chips.

Personally, it wouldn't be that big of a deal for me if it weren't backwards compatible.

I would just keep my xbox and play my xbox games. I wouldn't get xbox next until a considerable price drop - NO WAY getting a system for $300+.

It is no big deal for me to keep several systems laying around, why is it for you? I even have a thing allows up to 5 systems to be hooked up to your tv.

All your saved information is on your xbox hd - the xbox next won't have your saved info. So why not just continue to play your xbox games on your original xbox and the xbox next games on the xbox next?

bread's done
Back