XBox One Console - $399 (Available 6/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the internet sometimes.

People bitch about the kinect and say the xbox is doomed because of it, so they give you the option to use it if you want, and then they are doomed.

People on here thinking that everyone is obsessed with games like they are. The general public doesn't know the difference between pixel densities or whatever the fuck people go on about, let alone care. 

As people have mentioned here, 399 base means 399 plus pack in/gift card/sale/etc to entice you more. Maybe someone will throw in the handjob some people act like they need to buy something. 

Microsoft (nor Nintendo or Sony for that matter) are not desperate because they react to the markets. All three players have cash cows that let them invest in unknowns and potential stars, which leads to moves like the one today. 

The fact is, I have never heard as many people change their mind on Xbox as much as I have today. Call Microsoft dumb, but they don't care about you. They care about the kid who just moved out to college with a new credit card and stops by wal mart to get shower curtain rings and leaves with a game console and Madden.

This isn't new. This has been around for like 8 years. They keep announcing plans to look at cheap digital distribution like this but they already do it every week with their deal of the week. I'm pretty sure Thief and Tomb Raider have already been 50% off on the Xbox One marketplace.
You're right, both of those titles have indeed been that price before. You're also right that the model itself isn't new, but it seems like they are pushing for better sales, especially on retail games. I think Ryse at one point was only $40, but that's only a 33% discount. If a retail game was sold for $15 - $30 bucks, I'd definitely jump on it. But that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

People say it's weaker than the PS4 and that's all it needs to fail.

Personally I think Xbox Live is still vastly superior to the PSN in appearance and use. I also prefer everything it offers in the form of friends, and messaging over PSN.

Xbox also has more media abilities over the PS4, Xbox Music is great for getting music through the house or listening while you play games. Xbox Video also has a massive catalog of offerings to it and they still have the TV experiences in provides and Internet Explorer is vastly superior to the PS4's browser.

While this is personal preference, having used both the PS4's controller and the Xbox One gamepad I feel the Xbox One's is vastly superior. The PS4's didn't have good grip to it, and the sticks were way too small for my fingers and they kept slipping off.

Finally Microsoft will offer a completely different catalog game wise compared to Sony. While there's no denying Sony has some good series (Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Grand Turismo, The Last of Us) Microsoft has a great range of IP's to dip from to and it sounds like they'll really show their cards at E3.

The only thing an wondering now is they had said something around 10% of the Xbox One power was from the so called Kinect but now without it the Xbox is still going be way underpowered then it already is which sucks!

I've been around video games long enough to have been given the original NES action set as a gift and seen pack ins dwindle and disappear completely. Stuff like this makes it a certainty I will never be an early adopter again.

Ironically I kind of like the voice controls for the X1.

After owning both (couldn't make up my mind... Kept trading back and forth) I've settled on the ps4 simply due to clearly seeing multiplat games running better and more crisp on ps4, and the fact I can only afford one console for a while, so it made sense to stick with the " better" one, although the reasoning for it being "better" is barely noticeable or matters, really.

I'll definitely pick an Xbox one up at this price down the road, I thoroughly enjoyed both consoles and don't want to miss out on IP's from either of them this generation. After being a 360 fanboy last time, it sucked realizing all the great ps3 games I missed out on throughout the years.

I've been around video games long enough to have been given the original NES action set as a gift and seen pack ins dwindle and disappear completely. Stuff like this makes it a certainty I will never be an early adopter again.

Ironically I kind of like the voice controls for the X1.
it just like the actual video games themselves. the companies even skip on inserts and instruction booklets anymore. Every year more and more stuff are being left out to increase the companies pockets yet decrease the quantity and quality of goods and services the consumers receive.

What? lol
Microsoft claimed a big difference in their power compared to playstation was the fact around 10% of it was devoted to the kinect, and that they would adjust it down the line. That'd be awesome, especially if they let you free up all that space if you buy a kinectless console.

I want to add in, there were tons of complaints last generation as well people act like never existed. People complaining about Microsoft getting a head start on Sony and calling Sony dumb, blasting both companies for ripping off Nintendo's motion controls, complaining about Wii being for kids and single moms, complaining about paying for live, complaining about games running better on 360 because the ps3 was "too complex" for developers, complaining about games running better on ps3 once developers caught on to the system, the whole "psn hacking" thing, Xbox getting dlc first, and so on and so forth. Hopping onto the new console train within the first couple years is risky, and when all the kinks are worked out (except Nintendo...god bless them but they must have though they can do the same thing forever or something) and the only real way to be happy is to wait for them to clear up, or honestly buy both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's the same price as a ps4, it's still a weaker system and now it doesn't have kinect. Unless they drop the price below $350 it's not going to make a difference

People know it's weaker so charging the SAME price isn't going to help
Not every person who plays video games care. If so, the 360 was weaker also.

it just like the actual video games themselves. the companies even skip on inserts and instruction booklets anymore. Every year more and more stuff are being left out to increase the companies pockets yet decrease the quantity and quality of goods and services the consumers receive.
Not having instruction manuals in new games anymore bothers me a lot more than it should. I'm going to be extremely crabby when digital distribution finally does take over.

Not having instruction manuals in new games anymore bothers me a lot more than it should. I'm going to be extremely crabby when digital distribution finally does take over.
What frustrates me even more is when they include a " digital manual." Like I'm going to close out of the last of us and load up the digital manual or something all the time...

i wouldnt pay $0.0001 for this horrible console. ouya is better #trutalk

What frustrates me even more is when they include a " digital manual." Like I'm going to close out of the last of us and load up the digital manual or something all the time...
I know in Wii U/3DS games the manual is accessible at all times without closing the game out, dunno about XB1/PS4

I got my Xbox One 2 weeks after launch and only used the kinect once and that was the first day I got it. I wish It didn't come with it then and coulda bought another game or something with that $100. I only got it for Killer Instinct. I needed that game! Now all I need is a fightstick....

I know in Wii U/3DS games the manual is accessible at all times without closing the game out, dunno about XB1/PS4
Besides the fact the X1 allows you to run any other app in the background without closing it, it also puts the Manual in Snap. This is the main the reason (among many others) for why I like the X1 over the PS4 - you can play a game and watch Hulu or Netflix or anythin else for a while if you get burned out and then come back to the game, exactly where you left off hours later. I have a PS4 and the only thing I like about it is the one good exclusive (Infamous, hated Killzone and Knack) game it has. Resogun and some of the other downloadable games are awesome, but I can only play maybe 30 minutes of them before getting bored out of my mind. Again, just my opinion.

I use my Kinect all the time. It makes turning the system on a breeze and I love using it when I'm watching TV or Netflix.

It also makes navigating the UI that much quicker from Snapping, to opening notifications and my friends.

I went back and forth on buying an XB1 when they had some major discounts with the Titanfall bundle, but ultimately talked myself out of it. However, now that I can get it for $399 I jumped on it. I bought it through Amazon and signed up for their Amazon Visa and got a $100 Amazon.com credit, which took the system down to $299 with release day (June 9) guarantee and no tax. Now I get a new console on the same day that E3 starts! Thanks Amazon!

I went back and forth on buying an XB1 when they had some major discounts with the Titanfall bundle, but ultimately talked myself out of it. However, now that I can get it for $399 I jumped on it. I bought it through Amazon and signed up for their Amazon Visa and got a $100 Amazon.com credit, which took the system down to $299 with release day (June 9) guarantee and no tax. Thanks Amazon!
Did you want to get Titanfall? Because with all the $450 bundles for it, it was cheaper to get an Xbox One with a Kinect AND Titanfall that to buy this non-game bundle without a Kinect and buying a game (Which would put it at $460)

So, Black Friday:

2 PS4's (to play co-op with the wife) no matter what kind of deal, maybe some more for Christmas gifts.

X1 for myself if there is some kind of controller and/or game bundle deal at $399.99.

Second Vita so that my wife won't always hog my Vita.

Wii U?

So, Black Friday:

2 PS4's (to play co-op with the wife) no matter what kind of deal, maybe some more for Christmas gifts.

X1 for myself if there is some kind of controller and/or game bundle deal at $399.99.

Second Vita so that my wife won't always hog my Vita.

Wii U?
How can you be Too Poor but afford all that stuff.

Did you want to get Titanfall? Because with all the $450 bundles for it, it was cheaper to get an Xbox One with a Kinect AND Titanfall that to buy this non-game bundle without a Kinect and buying a game (Which would put it at $460)
Nope. Got it on PC for $35 through GMG a week after release :)

don't forget when amazon had the titanfall bundle for $400 for a few hours also.

Glad I traded mine in for $385 while I had the chance. I knew they would cut the price. Its not worth $399 either from my experience.

true but global sales could change in a couple months due to china lifting restrictions on gaming devices. for the first time in over a decade gaming devices will be allowed and Microsoft will be the first system released there in over a year which mean most the population there will be grabbing at them. and with china having the world largest population it could be a big increase.

The Xbox One Will Be The First Mainstream Gaming Console Sold In China In 14 Years
The Xbox One is officially coming to China in September.

Re/code reported the news first.

Microsoft will officially make the announcement on its Xbox blog Tuesday evening.

This is a big deal because it will make the Xbox One the first foreign gaming console to be released in China since 2000. For the past 14 years, the country has had a ban on selling gaming consoles in the country. It was put in place to protect youth from the potentially harmful effects of video games, according to Kotaku.

China's State Council temporarily lifted the ban in January allowing foreign game consoles such as the Xbox One, Sony's PlayStation 4, and Nintendo's Wii U to be sold in the country. The only catch is that foreign companies must work with a local partner and operate from Shanghai's Free Trade Zone.

According to the release, Microsoft will bring the Xbox One consoles to China through a partnership with BesTV. The two formed a joint venture, E-Home Entertainment Development Company Ltd., back in September 2013.

Through the partnership, E-Home Entertainment will invest "in an innovation program that will enable creators and developers to build, publish and sell their games on Xbox One in China and in other markets" where the console is available.

The launch of the Xbox One in China later this year should help give a boost to Microsoft's console sales which are currently lagging behind Sony's rival PlayStation 4.

Earlier this month, Sony Corp. announced sales of the PS4 console surpassed 7 million.

Microsoft recently announced it has sold more than 5 million Xbox One units in 13 countries.

Come September, the console will be available in 42 total markets worldwide.

Microsoft CVP of devices and studios Yusuf Mehdi claims there are more than a billion gamers in China in a video that will be posted to Xbox Live's blog later this evening.

A Microsoft spokesperson refused to comment on the number of Xbox One units planned to be released in the country.

http://www.businessinsider.com/xbox-one-china-release-september-2014-4
Good luck selling in China. They are waiting for the Xbox One and PS4 to be hacked so they can play bootlegged.

F*ck that. I now hate Microsoft.

Blah blah blah. Kinetic is required and it will make all games better

Now I am gonna sell my Xbox One and Sony gets all my business.

I went back and forth on buying an XB1 when they had some major discounts with the Titanfall bundle, but ultimately talked myself out of it. However, now that I can get it for $399 I jumped on it. I bought it through Amazon and signed up for their Amazon Visa and got a $100 Amazon.com credit, which took the system down to $299 with release day (June 9) guarantee and no tax. Now I get a new console on the same day that E3 starts! Thanks Amazon!
100 off with the Amazon Visa sounds great but when I went to amazon visa they only offer 30 dollars off how did you get 100

No big surprise.  Not too sad I paid $460 for my X1 Day one Edition with Kinect new and I paid for it w/flipped X1's and Ps4's but my Kinect isn't even hooked up.  Probably too little too late for Microsoft. 

exactly and remember when back in the days you used to get a little extra bonus with your games inside the boxes and cases.

It wasn't much but still a nice little bonus compared to today with not even instructions
hd3t0Vd.jpg
IynP0r7.jpg

exactly like when I bought the wii u Zelda Bundle it included a digital copy of hyrule historia. Every Game Bundle anymore seem to be digital codes instead of physical and the game companies need to realize not everyone wants digital

Not every person who plays video games care. If so, the 360 was weaker also.
Not a good comparison...

The 360 was close to $200 cheaper than the "stronger" PS3......during the peak of a major recession.

This generation that's not the case, the stronger console is cheaper, has developer support, and has a respectable company that's not doing 180's every other week

Not a good comparison...

The 360 was close to $200 cheaper than the "stronger" PS3......during the peak of a major recession.

This generation that's not the case, the stronger console is cheaper, has developer support, and has a respectable company that's not doing 180's every other week
Define respectable.. if you think Sony are some sort of mom n' pop store that "care" about you, then you're sorely mistaken little sheep. They see you as a walking piggy bank, just like every other corporation out there.

Define respectable.. if you think Sony are some sort of mom n' pop store that "care" about you, then you're sorely mistaken little sheep. They see you as a walking piggy bank, just like every other corporation out there.
Respectable in that their consoles came with WiFi, Bluetooth, Blu-ray (last generation)---didn't require proprietary hard drives, special charger packs for the controllers, a subscription to access netflix (which requires a subscription), ban users for downloading free games, brick consoles, etc.

still the lesser of two evils bro....

Not a good comparison...

Blaming the recession. That is a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back