Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Since the 1st parties\publishers haven't released the price points for the games yet.  Do you think Amazon would screw people over if the next-gen games are more than $59.99?  Wouldn't they need to honor the price that we pre-ordered?  One is wondering...

Since the 1st parties\publishers haven't released the price points for the games yet. Do you think Amazon would screw people over if the next-gen games are more than $59.99? Wouldn't they need to honor the price that we pre-ordered? One is wondering...
Amazon says "Pre-order Price Guarantee" on the Dead Rising page. I'm pretty sure games are going to be $59.99 just like Xbox 360. And if they aren't then you still have the price guarantee on the games you pre-ordered from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the 1st parties\publishers haven't released the price points for the games yet. Do you think Amazon would screw people over if the next-gen games are more than $59.99? Wouldn't they need to honor the price that we pre-ordered? One is wondering...
For the life of me I cant find a link now, but there was a article where a Sony Exec said that premium games will demand premium prices, and that all sorts of pricing models will be used on the next gen consoles.

So, I woudnt be shocked if we do see some games slightly more then $59.99 for both consoles. The wording seems to imply we'll see some that are less as well. (And of course, the free to play games for both systems)

I preordered XBOX ONE on Newegg. It said Day One Edition at one point, and now it doesn't. So I'm curious as to what Newegg is playing at...

Should I be at all worried about being able to snag a Day One version of Dead Rising 3? I don't care to preorder the game, but I do want it at launch.

Should I be at all worried about being able to snag a Day One version of Dead Rising 3? I don't care to preorder the game, but I do want it at launch.
On the off chance you don't know, just like the Vita Xbox One has a digital release day one guaranteed for every game. If you want a disc, I suppose we will have to wait to see what Capcom does with their DRM choices. They haven't been terribly consumer friendly with their day one and on disc DLC, so who knows.

So what's the deal with the microsoft store and digital river. Don't understand the .......
Digital River has a pretty bad reputation.

Personally I've never dealt with them so I cant say one way or the other, just what I've read on the sites.

Amazon still has Day 1 editions in stock for preorder FYI if your feeling leery.

No, because you can buy it digitally too at Day 1. And at best Day 1 stuff is just DLC codes you can buy later on eBay.

So let's discuss these game Day One editions.  There's like 5 of them, one for every first party release.  Does anyone know if these Day One editions will also be available digitally, and if so, FOR HOW LONG?

Personally, I don't like this one bit.  Day One console is one thing, but Day One game editions is kind of lame.  I was planning to go all digital if I got Xbox One, unlike with PS4.

Does anyone know if the Day One CONSOLE code extras for the games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, are the same as the Day One extras you get if you buy the Day One editions of those same games???  Or are they different?

Does anyone know if the Day One CONSOLE code extras for the games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, are the same as the Day One extras you get if you buy the Day One editions of those same games??? Or are they different?
That's my question, and in answer to both questions..... no one has said. :/

I would think they would be different, since you'd assume (I hate assuming) that those who get a day one edition of the console would likely get day one editions of the games as well, but lord only knows.

There's been a lot of misinformation from a lot of sites, I think Gameinformer was one of the culprits.

Xbox One 
Day One Edition

Whats included:

• Xbox One console
  • Kinect sensor
  • Commemorative controller
  • Exclusive achievement
  • HDMI Cable

That's it...no year of XBOX Live Gold, no Day One DLC.    My understanding from the following site, is that there will SEPARATELY be a Day One Edition for a year of XBOX Live Gold (as seen here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft---Day-One-12-Month-Xbox-LIVE-Gold-Membership/1272129.p?id=1218245812240&skuId=1272129 ), as well as 5 Launch Titles that will have Day One DLC:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one

Personally, I don't like this one bit. Day One console is one thing, but Day One game editions is kind of lame. I was planning to go all digital if I got Xbox One, unlike with PS4.
Well considering that the disc is purely used to install the digital copy, their really is no difference on whether you buy the "disc" copy or the "digital" copy. If you want to ensure you get the Day One DLC, I would just preorder the disc version. I would not mind having the disc in the off-chance that I did not like the game and want to trade it in or give it to someone else. The digital only version does not give you that option currently(at least that we know about).

There's been a lot of misinformation from a lot of sites, I think Gameinformer was one of the culprits.

That's it...no year of XBOX Live Gold, no Day One DLC. My understanding from the following site, is that there will SEPARATELY be a Day One Edition for a year of XBOX Live Gold (as seen here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft---Day-One-12-Month-Xbox-LIVE-Gold-Membership/1272129.p?id=1218245812240&skuId=1272129 ), as well as 5 Launch Titles that will have Day One DLC:

But OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE SAYS:

"Packaged with the limited edition console will be multiplayer maps and a special sword for Ryse: Son of Rome, four cars for Forza Motorsport 5, exclusive equipment for Kinect Sports Rivals, and “tribute packs” to both Frank West and Chuck Greene in Dead Rising 3."

http://www.oxmonline.com/xbox-one-%E2%80%98day-one%E2%80%99-edition-announced

Dammit, if OXM can't get it right.... seriously WTF man?!?

That's it...no year of XBOX Live Gold, no Day One DLC. My understanding from the following site, is that there will SEPARATELY be a Day One Edition for a year of XBOX Live Gold (as seen here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft---Day-One-12-Month-Xbox-LIVE-Gold-Membership/1272129.p?id=1218245812240&skuId=1272129 ), as well as 5 Launch Titles that will have Day One DLC:

"Packaged with the limited edition console will be multiplayer maps and a special sword for Ryse: Son of Rome, four cars for Forza Motorsport 5, exclusive equipment for Kinect Sports Rivals, and “tribute packs” to both Frank West and Chuck Greene in Dead Rising 3."

Did some digging...

Found this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/Press/2013/Jun13/06-10NewGamesPR.aspx

Seems pretty clear that the Day One console dosent have any DLC's in it for games, but that the Day One Games do...

Best answer we got along with the link on xbox.

OXM isn't run by MS. They could quite easily have gotten mixed up on the info recieved.

Xbox One
Day One Edition

Whats included:

• Xbox One console
  • Kinect sensor
  • Commemorative controller
  • Exclusive achievement
  • HDMI Cable

Microsoft? Giving away things for free? lol

The Day One edition's of the games are like the "Limited" and "Special" edition's you see for preorder's and first run copies, some extra little dlc bonus stuff and nothing else really. The only difference with the Day One console what is listed in the OP. No DLC or Gold is included. Also something to keep in mind, just because some games have DAY ONE edition's, that does not mean they are the only games available, it would be nice to add to the op the list of games: 

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Dead Rising 3

FIFA 14

Forza Motorsport 5

LocoCycle

Madden NFL 25

NBA Live 14

Killer Instinct

Kinect Sports Rivals

Ryse: Son of Rome

Skylanders: Swap Force
Those games are CONFIRMED to be available at launch, both through announcement's and being part of the bundles available on gamestop.com (Yes they wouldn't have bundles with them if it required them to ship at different dates). Personally I am gonna DEFINATELY be on board for Battlefield 4.

Not sure if it's been addressed here, but I wonder if my Gamestop pre-orders will be Day 1 editions.  The system and Dead Rising 3.  Not even sure if this Day 1 promo extends to Gamestop or if it's just Amazon?

Frankly I'm confused over all of this Day One Edition stuff.  All the extra slop they give is meaningless to me.  I just want to get the console on launch day (or within a few days of that)

Just pre-ordered it a few minutes, selected FREE Two Day Super Shipping, said Dec 5-10 expected delivery date

Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by Microsoft

Platform: Xbox One

List Price: $499.99 Price: $499.96 & FREE ShippingDetails You Save: $0.03   Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.    

This item will be released on November 30, 2013.
Pre-order now.
See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Edition: Day One

Just noticed they don't charge any tax (NICE) so selected NEXT day shipping for $11, says December 3rd now

So this is interesting....  on walmarts site they use to offer a 3 year warranty for game systems for system that cost 399  and one for 499 systems and now that these new systems have been announced they no longer offer it

How much is the warranty if i buy it at best buy?  also whats the price for the ps4 warranty?  And can anyone tell me how much down is required to pre order in store?  Thanks 

id like to pre order in store at walmart but they dont offer it do the?

So I'm a little confused about how soon I can get the console from amazon? If I preorder is there like 99 cents release day shipping or anything like that?

So I'm a little confused about how soon I can get the console from amazon? If I preorder is there like 99 cents release day shipping or anything like that?
I think once there is a release date it will let you pick release date shipping. I am assuming it will cost more than 99 cents though lol.

Frankly I'm confused over all of this Day One Edition stuff. All the extra slop they give is meaningless to me. I just want to get the console on launch day (or within a few days of that)

Just pre-ordered it a few minutes, selected FREE Two Day Super Shipping, said Dec 5-10 expected delivery date

Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by Microsoft

Platform: Xbox One

List Price: $499.99 Price: $499.96 & FREE Shipping. Details You Save: $0.03 Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This item will be released on November 30, 2013.
Pre-order now.
See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Edition: Day One

Just noticed they don't charge any tax (NICE) so selected NEXT day shipping for $11, says December 3rd now
You know 1 day shipping is only $10

I think i decided to just save my cash and buy it from a walmart or best buy (whichever has the better extended warranty option).

Question for anyone who knows,  walmart.com up till 3 days ago had warrantys for all diffrent price ranges.  the warranty for a 3 year for a consle that costed $499 was only $44 but i noticed they removed those from the site.   Does ANYONE know anything about how walmart is gonna do extended warranty for the ps4/xone?  or if there gonna do them at all?

I feel like I should be preordering SOMETHING!!!

Don't wanna be that random guy that gets charged by amazon for preordering anything. 

Honestly given how far out the pre orders are still active on both consoles and even locally, I am starting to doubt the reason for pre-ordering this year (I am still going to keep it) but it just seems like there won't be supply issues.

Preordered mine from the MS store.  Day One delivery at no extra cost.  Had to pay tax, but then, I'll be living in Seattle when it comes out, which is in Washington state, which is where Amazon is, so I'd have had to pay tax through them anyway.

To answer jdelrio22, that's what I thought in 2005.  Thought maybe $399 for the 360 would lead to short lines and faster availability.  It wasn't until I drove by BestBuy the day before around 5pm and saw the people already camping that I might be wrong.

Wound up sleeping in front of a KMart in Arroyo Grande, CA that night (lucky I lived in Cali at the time, the November weather could have been worse).  They had seven consoles.  I was sixth in line.

I'm really holding out hope Microsoft comes out with a new wheel/pedals combo. It's the only way I'm going to play Forza 5.
Turn10 has confirmed that a new wheel will be available at launch.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/tmmb78/forza-motorsport-5-e3-2013--all-access-walkthrough
Holy crap that's awesome. Thanks for posting! I'll finally get to play a Forza game and I now have a second Xbox One launch game to pre-order along with Dead Rising 3.

Edit: Although it might depend on how much this wheel will be. I'll put out $200 or so for a good wheel around the same quality as the Driving Force GT but I'm not dumping $500 into a wheel right now for 1 game.

Square Trade warranty for 3 years with accidental damage is normal priced at $79.99. That is with no coupon code. In cased anyone wanted to get a warranty. The PS4 price is  similar.

I see people thinking of buying system at a place with a warranty program.

Did anyone else tried to get charged today for their xbox one pre order through bestbuy? It appears that best buy tried to charge me multiple times today. Luckily my cc company flagged it as fraudulent and didnt let it go through.

bread's done
Back