Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

All I saw about that was somebody on Reddit WANTING that feature. Link to source?
Ask, and ye shall receive.

n4DGxRn.jpg

Rats, beaten! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the bs Microsoft has done lately and their comments, I'm so tempted on switching my preorder to a ps4.

We just got the word from the higher ups today....no more preorders for the Xbox unless more inventory can be confirmed. Preorders are shut off. PS4 preorders still on. This is company wide.
And from what I understand this is because Sony is allotting 3 times as many pre-orders as Microsoft is allowing for the X1.

Just three quick questions that have been answered, but just want to confirm:

Amazon 100% doesn't charge the credit card until the product ships? (people have said they don't, has anyone ordered from Amazon using that Amazon.com Rewards card?)

I can continue to add gift cards/credit to the preorder until it ships? (have about $250-$300 in Amazon cards down the road after trading at GS and using BB RZ certs for them if that's possible but don't have any just yet)

The Day One Edition currently on Amazon will be here on launch day if I pay for the shipping? (Don't have Prime)

Thanks all!

To answer your first two questions, Yes, Amazon will not charge you until they ship the item...I don't have a Rewards Card but I would think it's the same as it is with everything else. And also yes to you being able to add gift cards to the order even after you have placed it, as long as you apply the credit towards it before it ships you'll be good. 

Unfortunately I don't know how the shipping works outside of Prime since I've had Prime for a while now, so somebody else will have to answer that one. 

Thanks! I may end up upgrading to Prime. I'm sure I can get release date shipping if I pay for it. I'm more concerned with figuring out if the Day One Edition I can currently preorder will in fact be an edition I can get on Day One, or if it's just some Limited Edition equivalent like when EA upgrades their first runs of games to Limited Edition versions.

Basically, this isn't just a name, it's the equivalent of the PS4 Launch Edition SKUs Amazon had up, correct? If I preorder this one it will be a launch day thing.

Basically, this isn't just a name, it's the equivalent of the PS4 Launch Edition SKUs Amazon had up, correct? If I preorder this one it will be a launch day thing.
Right, though they're not quite the same because the Xbox One "Day One" has some "exclusive" content to it -- like a "commemorative controller and an exclusive achievement"

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one

The PS4 SKU Amazon listed as a "launch edition" is just a guarantee you'd get it on launch day. AFAIK there's otherwise no difference between it and any other PS4 you can preorder.

^just to reaffirm:

Launch Edition PS4 = you get it on or near release date (depends on shipping speed). Nothing extra.

Day One X1 = Engraved controller and console that says "Day One". Bonus content for launch titles that are exclusive to Day One owners. Day One achievement. (Also garuntees delivery on or around release date. Also depends on shipping speed.)

Anybody else read the Game Informer piece on Titanfall?  Man I can not wait for that game.  MW2 is still my favorite online game and has not been topped in my opinion.  Finally a game looks to take the action provided in that game to the next level.  Going to be sick!!

I wonder if the are going to be any arcade titles on the One marketplace in the first month. I know they aren't going to have 'arcade' and 'indie' labels, but it will be strange going from hundreds of games on the 360 to just a few GOD releases for the One.

I wonder if the are going to be any arcade titles on the One marketplace in the first month. I know they aren't going to have 'arcade' and 'indie' labels, but it will be strange going from hundreds of games on the 360 to just a few GOD releases for the One.
Lococycle by Twisted Pixel is supposed to be an 'Arcade' type title that will be available at launch. We also saw Below at Microsofts E3 conference and I think that's suppose to be a launch window game.

I need to find a Day One Edition pre-order or I'm not going to bother to pre-order one. 

I also need that steelbook XBL 12month.

Well, guess i will have to wait and see if BBY will start taking preorders again. I have a bunch of credit saved up so BBY is really my only option.

Just preordered my Day One edition from Amazon, along with Dead Rising 3.

I've been on the fence for a while, but I finally made the decision to jump in. Feels like I had quit a club I really enjoyed and now I'm rejoining.

Do Kindle gift cards work just like Amazon gift cards? I didn't know I could buy them from BB and use for Amazon items.
They do. I just dumped $100 in Reward Zone certs and $200 in Pitch-In card credit into Kindle cards a few days ago, worked like a charm. Look for them in the tablet section at your BBY by the Kindle accessories.

Or preorder at Amazon, using your Best Buy credit to purchase kindle gift cards.
That's a great idea - I may do that if my local Best Buy carries the cards. Is there a minimum amount to put down for an Amazon preorder? I am planning on paying for the entire purchase with credit converted from Best Buy to Amazon.

That's a great idea - I may do that if my local Best Buy carries the cards. Is there a minimum amount to put down for an Amazon preorder? I am planning on paying for the entire purchase with credit converted from Best Buy to Amazon.
Amazon does not charge until they ship, so all you need to preorder is to click the preorder button. Then anytime between now and end of year you can convert your credit to kindle cards and apply them at your leisure.

> Amazon does not charge until they ship, so all you need to preorder is to click the preorder button. Then anytime between now and end of year you can convert your credit to kindle cards and apply them at your leisure.

One thing to keep in mind if you have one of those promotional credits from the trade-in program from a few months back (the trade in $20-worth, get a $20 credit) is that it expires on 7/31.  My understanding is as long as you keep the preorder and do not try to change the form of payment (by applying more giftcards) after that date, you'll still get the $20 discount.  I haven't confirmed this though, just the way I'm understanding the fine print.

edit: quoted the wrong post.

One thing to keep in mind if you have one of those promotional credits from the trade-in program from a few months back (the trade in $20-worth, get a $20 credit) is that it expires on 7/31. My understanding is as long as you keep the preorder and do not try to change the form of payment (by applying more giftcards) after that date, you'll still get the $20 discount. I haven't confirmed this though, just the way I'm understanding the fine print.
Have you confirmed this with Amazon? I plan on paying off my preorder before it comes out but not necessarily before 7/31. I don't want to lose the promo credit in the process.

Have you confirmed this with Amazon? I plan on paying off my preorder before it comes out but not necessarily before 7/31. I don't want to lose the promo credit in the process.
I haven't, but now you have me worrying a little bit. I might hit up Amazon chat support soon and will report back when I do.

Also on topic, but I finally did my X1 preorder last night. I was going to get it through Best Buy, but I went with Amazon since Best Buy has stopped taking online preorders. Now I just need to convert my Best Buy credit to Amazon Kindle cards. Plus saving over $50 by not paying sales tax is a huge bonus.

Thanks to all who provided the tips on picking up Kindle cards.

Got my XB1 Day One in. Now over the coming months I will try to rack up AMZ credit so I can offset some of the cost.

Thinking about picking up WatchDogs. Sunset overdrive is a must have for me.

I pre-ordered at Best Buy for 2 reasons.  Had about $80 in RZ and GC's to use up.  Plus, I can defer the payment with a Best Buy CC that I already had when I bought appliances years ago.  I'll pay this thing off $25/month.

I pre-ordered at Best Buy for 2 reasons. Had about $80 in RZ and GC's to use up. Plus, I can defer the payment with a Best Buy CC that I already had when I bought appliances years ago. I'll pay this thing off $25/month.
That's a great idea. You will rack up another $10+ from the purchase as well. I'm still paying off a TV and washer and dryer and don't want to run my card up to it's limit. Otherwise, I would do the same thing.

It did sell out after a few days when it first became available then it came back. They probably got more of a demand than they thought and Microsoft probably made more available to Amazon

UPDATE: As of 7/4/13, we are no longer accepting pre-orders for the Xbox One. Please stay tuned to BestBuy.com or visit your local store for any future updates. You can also sign up to receive gaming news and updates from Best Buy by texting "GAMER" to 332211*.
Best Buy is officially sold out of pre-orders for the Xbox One.

UPDATE: As of 7/4/13, we are no longer accepting pre-orders for the Xbox One. Please stay tuned to BestBuy.com or visit your local store for any future updates. You can also sign up to receive gaming news and updates from Best Buy by texting "GAMER" to 332211*.
Best Buy is officially sold out of pre-orders for the Xbox One.

How do you apply kindle cards to a pre-order purchase? Kindle cards are treated just like Amazon gift cards?
After chatting with the Rep. for Amazon, to apply a Kindle card to my pre order I need to contact them through chat/phone and they can apply the funds to the purchase. Seems like a lot of work, I wish I could do it myself. At least it wasn't that difficult to get a hold them through chat.

After chatting with the Rep. for Amazon, to apply a Kindle card to my pre order I need to contact them through chat/phone and they can apply the funds to the purchase. Seems like a lot of work, I wish I could do it myself. At least it wasn't that difficult to get a hold them through chat.
You can do this yourself, go into the order on amazon and apply the gift card balance

You people are amazing. Zen from Amazon.com Customer Service didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I should have been clued in when he/she said their name was Zen.

Helpful fact that took me a couple minutes to figure out. Click on the actual order #, NOT the change payment method button.

i hope you guys can help me 

i pre order an xbox one from gamestop.com i have a giftcard with $485 on it i im going to pay the difference with me visa i applied the gift card number but i still have balance of $554 it doesnt show me what is the difference im going to be charged on my visa i dont know if i did this right i still order it if i have to cancel i can do i later please help me thx

It's a little late for this but for anybody that pays tax for Amazon purchases, BB RZ certs are better than Kindle cards. The certs are treated like coupons that reduce your taxable amount. Amazon GC's are applied after tax has been calculated. With Best Buy RZ certs, they act like gift cards but also negate your tax amount (i.e. $100 RZ cert really equals $100 of purchases + tax). So in the long run, you save more money making those same purchases at BB instead of AMZ.

i hope you guys can help me

i pre order an xbox one from gamestop.com i have a giftcard with $485 on it i im going to pay the difference with me visa i applied the gift card number but i still have balance of $554 it doesnt show me what is the difference im going to be charged on my visa i dont know if i did this right i still order it if i have to cancel i can do i later please help me thx
Gamestop doesn't charge until the item ships. So you'll have to keep track of your balance until release date. If you don't have enough at the time of charge, they'll put a temporary hold on the transaction until you fund the gift card properly otherwise it'll get cancelled.

bread's done
Back