Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Are there any sites or stores where I could still reserve a xbox one ? My search so far has brought me to a dead end.
Amazon might still have some. I reserved my launch day copy a couple days ago.

Just checked Amazon and they were out a couple hours ago. I have no idea who else to pre order through. Is Target or Walmart doing pre orders?

Edit #3

http://gamerdeals.net/blogs/videogamenews/archive/2013/07/10/xbox-one-day-edition-console-in-stock-pre-order-list.aspx

Check this list out for available pre orders

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the MS Store still has them available, with launch-day delivery automatic.

I had never ordered anything from them until last year's preorder deals, and then bought a lot of stuff from them during their Black Friday sale.  Their service was excellent - I got all preorders on launch day at no extra shipping cost.  They do charge tax, so if that's an issue, then they're off your list - but then, no-tax sites are usually the first to sell out of preorders.

I preorderd the Xbox One at Best Buy a few weeks ago, but went last night to also preorder ps4 and I did get my preorder in but asked about preorders for Xbox one, since all I saw was the ads for ps4 preorders and was told that they have sold out of Xbox preorders. 2 of my local best buys have done this not sure if its local or all around.

I preorderd the Xbox One at Best Buy a few weeks ago, but went last night to also preorder ps4 and I did get my preorder in but asked about preorders for Xbox one, since all I saw was the ads for ps4 preorders and was told that they have sold out of Xbox preorders. 2 of my local best buys have done this not sure if its local or all around.

Best Buy is no longer accepting preorders.

Dude at GameStop told me you have to Preorder a Xbox One game because they won't be selling them to people who didn't at launch. Just curious to as if anyone else was told this or not, or if it was a way to just have me preorder games.

Dude at GameStop told me you have to Preorder a Xbox One game because they won't be selling them to people who didn't at launch. Just curious to as if anyone else was told this or not, or if it was a way to just have me preorder games.

That's awful. Not like you won't be able to go over to BB, Walmart, Target etc to pick up whatever you want that day!

That sounds kinda of like B.S. but they may institute something like that going forward for anymore pre-orders. A bundle type deal, but I just suspect the guy was trying to get a pre-order for himself.

so did GS stores stop taking preorders?  Might have to order online and then try to return/rebuy in store to get rid of the shit load of credit I have.

Two questions
1) does anyone have any thoughts on which place is the least pain in the ass to order from? Does Amazon ship ahead of time or on the day of release?
2) I got an email from msft stating that time was running out to reserve a day one console. Is there an official cutoff date for this ?

Tx to all for your help!

Two questions
1) does anyone have any thoughts on which place is the least pain in the ass to order from? Does Amazon ship ahead of time or on the day of release?
2) I got an email from msft stating that time was running out to reserve a day one console. Is there an official cutoff date for this ?

Tx to all for your help!

If you want it at release Amazon is no longer an option as they are no longer taking Day One Edition preorders. They do ship beforehand to guarantee release day delivery if you would have got your preorder in time.

MS will eventually run out of Day One Editions as well so if you are looking to get one I would go with MS or GameStop.com. I would trust the MS store a little more than GS if I were you buy that is your preference.

But yes time is running out to ensure you get a console on release day.

And to your second point about that if someone walks in wanting an X1 and they being sold out just pickling up a PS4 or WiiU is just crazy. Because that's how people decide to spend $400. Oh I want this TV. You don't have it? Ok yeah I'll just take one of the others. Not likely at all. Plus like my previous comment the only option would be the WiiU and no one is picking that up over and X1 or PS4.
I think you're giving people way too much credit, I've seen people in car dealerships drive off with a different car because the one they wanted wasn't available.

Plus if store have PS3's or WiiU's to sell damn sure they'll try and push those.

I'm not saying I like this policy, but it's one way of at least inconveniencing flippers.

Did anyone pre-order any games, or know what game/s you will pick up at launch?

I think Dead Rising 3 might be the first game I get. 

OT:mad:Kaiser-Nice trolling. Invasive, not anymore invasive than any other company. 

MastrMeatWad said:

OT:mad:Kaiser-Nice trolling. Invasive, not anymore invasive than any other company.
Yeah, I preordered Dead Rising 3. If my XB1 preorder was at a B&M store like BB, I probably wouldn't have bothered; I would have just taken my chances on buying it when I went to the store to pick up my console. Since I did my preorder through Amazon, I figured it would be nice to have a game show up with the system, and DR3 is the launch title I'm most interested in. Actually, I may add Watchdogs to my order, too. Really looking forward to that one as well, but I'm just not sure if that's out the same day as the console.

Haven't preordered any games, but will probably preorder Forza 5 and DR 3 at some point, to ensure getting the Day One bonuses.  Usually wait until closer to release day so I can get the best preorder deal, but launch software will probably be immune from such discounting.

Haven't decided on multiplats yet.  I have both of the new consoles preordered, but, I get the feeling most of my multiplat purchases will be on the 360 for the first year, as most of my friends aren't in a hurry to upgrade, and will be playing on XBL.

Waiting on preordering games.

Mostly because going all digital is very appealing (no disc switching, and the exec's have said they intend on adding more all digital benefits at a later date).

Only worry is Day One DLC's and such. If we cannot get them via going all digital, guess it's back to discs. Major Nelson said he will have information about that "soon"..  whatever the hell that means ;P

Waiting on preordering games.

Mostly because going all digital is very appealing (no disc switching, and the exec's have said they intend on adding more all digital benefits at a later date).

Only worry is Day One DLC's and such. If we cannot get them via going all digital, guess it's back to discs. Major Nelson said he will have information about that "soon".. whatever the hell that means ;P
I would wait on pre ordering games until a week or two before launch at the very least. Retailers will not run out of games on release day. The only reason to pre order is for any bonus a retailer has and until those are all announced, I would not worry.

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse showed up in my Amazon gold box for $3 off. Went ahead and pre-ordered just in case. Dead Rising 3 is a definite. I want to see more of Ryse before committing. Battlefield 3 is also on the list, but I am waiting to see if there will be any retailer specific pre-order bonuses.

On topic- amazon had day one pre order titles. It is not too specific what comes with the day one editions. But intriguing.
Exclusive DLC's...

DR3 you get two characters if I remember right, Forza its a few top tuned cars, etc...

Thus why I hope digital gets you those DLC's, since they are limited run editions for boxed copies.

Waited too long to preorder at Amazon, should have just placed it because they don't charge the card until it ships, but that's okay. The tax kind of scared me, didn't realize my state added it now. Need to decide between the 3% points from Amazon with their CC and the RZ certs for BB (though I guess that's really only $10 in RZ certs vs about $15 on Amazon, so should have just submitted an order to assure the launch edition, my fault though for being indecisive). Really don't need one until Titanfall and/or D4, so I guess I can wait if Amazon doesn't get any more pre-launch.

Just got an email from Gamestop that says they are taking Xbox One pre-orders. Called the store to confirm and the guy said they are taking them all through the weekend and they are all guaranteed for launch day.

Just got an email from Gamestop that says they are taking Xbox One pre-orders. Called the store to confirm and the guy said they are taking them all through the weekend and they are all guaranteed for launch day.
im thinking of doing it i got one on amazon but i would like the chance to trade in tons of things to help pay for it seeing my gamestop don't sell kindle cards :(

Im actually sad they are doing so many preorders. I hate preorder unless it is necessary. Looks like they will have plenty.
Amazon has basically said day one releases of PS4 (even in bundles) and XBox 1 day editions are gone, and they can't guarantee the PS4 release or XB1 release at launch for other systems. I think this holiday is going to be absolutely brutal in terms of what's left in stock. I can see eBay selling pre-orders pretty damn high for both units the coming months near release. I'd recommend pre-ordering if you want any units before Feb. Will not be shocked to see other retailers taking down pre-order pages in the next coming weeks.

How do I get gold box offers? Dead rising is a definite for me as well.
Preorder one game, you should see them start to pop up. I have seen that dumb rise game in mine already. Sometimes amazon system puts a game you already have preordered in there... I just had that happen to me as a mattter of fact, quick oreder and cancel old one saves you 5%

It also helps to edit you suggestions and recommendations, checking the boxes "dont use this for recommendations" for types of things you have bought but dont wantin yur goldbox/recommendations.

Am i the only one that pre ordered at toys r us? lol    If not, question....   My store doesnt say day one edition and i pre ordered around a month ago.  They told me they didnt even know what a day one edition was that the case for anyone else?  Also they told me that if they got those instead id get that one. 

Some have asked me why toys r us?     Reason why is because Im looking to buy in a store and not online but i want somewhere where they have a good extended warranty,  since with consoles ive ALWAY gotten my moneys worth out of a extra warranty.  Anyway walmart is by far the best place to buy for a warranty since there warranty is only $40 for 3 years,  however they dont do pre orders in store so far that ive seen.   As for best buy there warranty prices arent worth it anymore,  $100 for 2 years for a wii u so that means itl be more for xbox one since its based off price of item.   Other then those 2 store i dont think anywhere else retail offer warrantys,  i could be wrong?  Toys R US warranty isnt the best price either,  3 year warranty for $120. 

Am i the only one that pre ordered at toys r us? lol If not, question.... My store doesnt say day one edition and i pre ordered around a month ago. They told me they didnt even know what a day one edition was that the case for anyone else? Also they told me that if they got those instead id get that one.

Some have asked me why toys r us? Reason why is because Im looking to buy in a store and not online but i want somewhere where they have a good extended warranty, since with consoles ive ALWAY gotten my moneys worth out of a extra warranty. Anyway walmart is by far the best place to buy for a warranty since there warranty is only $40 for 3 years, however they dont do pre orders in store so far that ive seen. As for best buy there warranty prices arent worth it anymore, $100 for 2 years for a wii u so that means itl be more for xbox one since its based off price of item. Other then those 2 store i dont think anywhere else retail offer warrantys, i could be wrong? Toys R US warranty isnt the best price either, 3 year warranty for $120.
I just use the manufacture warranty, and the CC company extends one and a half years beyond that.

Am i the only one that pre ordered at toys r us? lol If not, question.... My store doesnt say day one edition and i pre ordered around a month ago. They told me they didnt even know what a day one edition was that the case for anyone else? Also they told me that if they got those instead id get that one.

Some have asked me why toys r us? Reason why is because Im looking to buy in a store and not online but i want somewhere where they have a good extended warranty, since with consoles ive ALWAY gotten my moneys worth out of a extra warranty. Anyway walmart is by far the best place to buy for a warranty since there warranty is only $40 for 3 years, however they dont do pre orders in store so far that ive seen. As for best buy there warranty prices arent worth it anymore, $100 for 2 years for a wii u so that means itl be more for xbox one since its based off price of item. Other then those 2 store i dont think anywhere else retail offer warrantys, i could be wrong? Toys R US warranty isnt the best price either, 3 year warranty for $120.
I heard Costco warranty and customer service is pretty good. I don't think they take preorders but they did have 360 and PS3 at launch though.

I heard Costco warranty and customer service is pretty good. I don't think they take preorders but they did have 360 and PS3 at launch though.
I only pre ordered so i wouldnt have to sit out in front of the store for 2 days like i did with ps3 lol

Just spoke with someone at Gamestop and they advised that they are no longer taking XBOX One Pre-Orders. I checked online as I got home and they are no longer listed on the website as well. This was at the Gamestop in Grandville, MI, but it looks like it may be all Gamestop locations. 

Just spoke with someone at Gamestop and they advised that they are no longer taking XBOX One Pre-Orders. I checked online as I got home and they are no longer listed on the website as well. This was at the Gamestop in Grandville, MI, but it looks like it may be all Gamestop locations.
Once one gamestop stop taking pre orders on something, all gamestops do (at least in that region). It means they are out of the allocated units company wide.

Preorder one game, you should see them start to pop up. I have seen that dumb rise game in mine already. Sometimes amazon system puts a game you already have preordered in there... I just had that happen to me as a mattter of fact, quick oreder and cancel old one saves you 5%
I've gotten Forza 5 and Ryse in my Gold Box. Preordered the former and passed on the latter :)

I find it very odd that amazon sold out of both systems on the same exact day.   I think it was more about someone in marketing getting them to end preorders on the same day to avoid people posting about 1 system outselling the other.

bread's done
Back